First Hand Experience Thread for 991 Model; To give Personal Review of ALL Features..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 AM
Jim M. will become famous soon enoughJim M. will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. Is a thumb drive the highest quality, currently I'm playing all CD's in the player?

Old 12-20-2016, 07:45 AM
911BOY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Should turn on with the window defroster
Didnt seem to work. I'll wait for more snow.
I love the new Audio set up. Also if you stall it all you do is hit the clutch and it fires....awesome. This car is a lifelong dream and absolutely amazing. The weather up here is killing me. I got it last Friday and only have 90 miles on it................

Old 12-27-2016, 03:20 PM
BlueSander is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jim M.
Thanks guys. Is a thumb drive the highest quality, currently I'm playing all CD's in the player?
Jim,
CD would be the highest quality. You can also order SACD (Super Audio CD) for even better sound quality. Music from the thumb drive varies greatly in quality depending on how you get them, how they were made... too many factors but for the most part, most of them are from CD or SACD.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:30 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Talking

Wow, I started this thread 5 years ago almost to the month of when I started dreaming of a 991.1 911

I found a 911 that has everything I wanted and It was well worth the wait and the learning journey...!

Thanks for all your help...

Oh, The Jukebox does require you to input a Thumbdrive with Readable media, andthe one caveat is that it has to be the older 2.0 USB platform... Well, at least it was required on my Bose, 2015 GTS When I had the same mp3's on a 64 GB 3.0 USB it could not see the USB

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	516176  

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 11-16-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Vintage Racer will become famous soon enoughVintage Racer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
Wow, I started this thread 5 years ago almost to the month of when I started dreaming of a 991.1 911..
My local Porsche dealership offered me a fair price for my 2014 Porsche 911.

I just did the last 20K-mile major service (including new tires). I think that I will keep one of the last 3.4L 911's.

It's a great car.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:48 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Originally Posted by Vintage Racer
My local Porsche dealership offered me a fair price for my 2014 Porsche 911.

I just did the last 20K-mile major service (including new tires). I think that I will keep one of the last 3.4L 911's.

It's a great car.
Yes I intend on keeping mine as well. It has been bullet proof, and I anticipate that it will be that way for a long long time... Love your color!

Old 05-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
My car is equipped with Bose but PO has replaced the front tweeters with Burmeister and it sounds incredible!

Definitely good value (~600ish total).

Old 01-21-2020, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Honda
My car is equipped with Bose but PO has replaced the front tweeters with Burmeister and it sounds incredible!

Definitely good value (~600ish total).
Definitely looking into that upgrade!

Old 05-21-2020, 02:03 AM
zkaleem zae is an unknown quantity at this point
Please post your experiences with Features from our Beloved 991.
Carerra 911

I ask that you Label your post with a search
Nox Vidmate VLC word that will allow others to search this thread only.

For Example: BURMESTER

I will be straight forward and say that I'm not much of an audiophile.
90% of the time I drive a Porsche, the sound system is off (for obvious reasons)

However I wanted to provide some feedback on the new systems from a "how it sounds to me" perspective.

I will not go into all of the numbers because those are out there for all to read and research. And I can't compare the Burmester because, as you know, it is new to the Carrera.

What I will say about the Burmester system is that if you are the audiophile type don't even question spending the additional money. As good as the Bose is, if I were an audio person, I'd get this system. It sounds so clear, rich and deep (even at low volumes) that you can tell it is some type of really high-end system. The base never feels like vibration. And I also like that this system doesn't have to have "surround" to sound full, unlike the Bose. There is no doubt this system is vastly better than the Bose.

As for the Bose, it sounds much better than the 997 configuration and uses no space in the rear deck for sub woofer box. It now has a specific designed spot in the chassis up front in the dash/bulkhead area. It also uses 9.5 drivers in the doors with inverted magnets, making the design ultra thin, freeing up door panel space for storage. The base is much richer than before, especially at high volume. The re-tune of the system has produced a better "Surround Sound" setting, and again I find it is much better at high volumes than before.

And fyi, the Ipod interface is now in the glove box. No more cables and mess in the center console was the reason for the move.

Personally, the Bose would meet my needs. But without a budget issue or if I were an audiophile, I'd not hesitate on the additional money for the Burmester because it is a vast difference in the sound. It's very obvious in fact. (Provided by Abby Normal of Rennlist.)

do you appreciate it even driving it normal speeds/city driving? I'm debating whether it's worth it since I don't have a long commute and most of my driving is local.

Last edited by zkaleem zae; 05-21-2020 at 02:40 AM.