996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Running with Jitsu and BlackHorseTurbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Running with Jitsu and BlackHorseTurbo

So I finally had the chance to put race gas in the car for the first time since doing the 18g upgrade. Pull out onto Mexican Hwy 288 with Jitsu behind me do a 20-140ish run ..... hmm feels a little stronger. Jitsu comes up we do several roll ons in which I got absolutely anihilated. Dr's 2 sounds amazing at WOT. Anyways about 10 miles down the great Mexican Autobahn Todd catches me and we do our best to make a few short sprints with him pulling me significantly each time. I knew that my run with Todd should have been much much closer given his only real benefit over my car is injectors and the ability to brake boost.

Well as it turns out my dissapointment is not quite as bad as it seems. My stock clutch didn't like the added power/tq as a result of the race gas and decided to let go on me. Hopefully in another week or so I'll get the opportunity to run some race gas again with a clutch that will hold. I had suspected it was slipping last week but it was not doing so too badly at that point.

All my rambling aside, Jitsu's car hauls some serious *** as does Todd's. Todd you would have cracked up if you heard what Kat was saying on the way home. Namely, "Was he supposed to beat you that bad? I think your car runs better off of the gas that doesn't cost $8.00/gallon"

Old 03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
That's funny Ben. I was wondering about the conversations in the car after that. I'm really impressed with the power that I'm getting right now. I am going to write a thread as soon as Scott posts my new 60/130 to include my dyno sheets and my thanks to my tuner Softronic and Vivid. Also to include Steve and Tommy.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Hopefully once I get my clutch taken care of and iron out my race gas settings with ToddK we can get a clean no passenger run on the Mexican Autobahn.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 AM
So upon taking another look at my car last night Steve found that the wastegate actuator rod on the passenger side turbo is broken virtually in half. Which would explain the severe *** whooping both Todd and Sean handed me. I knew I would get pulled but nowhere near the extent I did ...... regardless of my extremely obese and overweight passengers right Sean?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:48 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
So upon taking another look at my car last night Steve found that the wastegate actuator rod on the passenger side turbo is broken virtually in half. Which would explain the severe *** whooping both Todd and Sean handed me. I knew I would get pulled but nowhere near the extent I did ...... regardless of my extremely obese and overweight passengers right Sean?
LOL. The girls combine for 160lbs max. Can Steve have you up and running soon? I'm out of town right now so you've got a couple days to get it up and running.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
LOL. The girls combine for 160lbs max. Can Steve have you up and running soon? I'm out of town right now so you've got a couple days to get it up and running.
Hopefully i'll be running tomorrow night. Steve is going to have Blouch overnight a new actuator rod.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Hopefully i'll be running tomorrow night. Steve is going to have Blouch overnight a new actuator rod.
Ben,

Any ideas how this happened?

Edwin

Old 03-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Not too sure at all to be honest Ed. Steve should be on the horn shortly i'm sure he'll be able to chime in after he speaks with Mike.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !

I TOLD YOU to have one of the gals ride w/ me....of course I was PURELY interested in evening out the weight

As far as the clutch goes, don't play around and just get the ATS tripple carbon and be done w/ it.

And no more Mr nice guy for you and especially Todd anymore....from now on all Mexcan roll ons will be w/ C16 at 1.5 bars

Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I TOLD YOU to have one of the gals ride w/ me....of course I was PURELY interested in evening out the weight

As far as the clutch goes, don't play around and just get the ATS tripple carbon and be done w/ it.

And no more Mr nice guy for you and especially Todd anymore....from now on all Mexcan roll ons will be w/ C16 at 1.5 bars

Well you don't have to be a bully about it!!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Sinner is infamous around these parts
So I finally had the chance to put race gas in the car for the first time since doing the 18g upgrade. Pull out onto Mexican Hwy 288 with Jitsu behind me do a 20-140ish run ..... hmm feels a little stronger. Jitsu comes up we do several roll ons in which I got absolutely anihilated. Dr's 2 sounds amazing at WOT. Anyways about 10 miles down the great Mexican Autobahn Todd catches me and we do our best to make a few short sprints with him pulling me significantly each time. I knew that my run with Todd should have been much much closer given his only real benefit over my car is injectors and the ability to brake boost.

Well as it turns out my dissapointment is not quite as bad as it seems. My stock clutch didn't like the added power/tq as a result of the race gas and decided to let go on me. Hopefully in another week or so I'll get the opportunity to run some race gas again with a clutch that will hold. I had suspected it was slipping last week but it was not doing so too badly at that point.

All my rambling aside, Jitsu's car hauls some serious *** as does Todd's. Todd you would have cracked up if you heard what Kat was saying on the way home. Namely, "Was he supposed to beat you that bad? I think your car runs better off of the gas that doesn't cost $8.00/gallon"
Sorry to hear about the clutch but it sounds like you had a good time. Amazes me how your cars can hook. 20mph is low!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Sinner
Sorry to hear about the clutch but it sounds like you had a good time. Amazes me how your cars can hook. 20mph is low!
Not quite sure I was making full power at that time. I'll post back tomorrow and let you know once the car is back on the road and I can get an idea as to whether or not I was making full power.

Todd! I need your driftbox asap!!

Last edited by bmoores; 03-04-2009 at 08:30 AM.