996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SunCoast Porsche - 997 Short Shift Kit Instal on 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Stevebuc is on a distinguished road
Just installed my 997 SSK. Instructions were very helpful and it works great.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:56 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Wanted to add some observations from doing mine today.

- The window switch plugs - These can be on a bit tight so I used a screwdriver with the tip wrapped in painters tape to help pry them apart. There are no clips to worry about but can take some elbow grease

- The leather bolsters for the center gauge area - The instructions say to pull forward but you are actually grabbing them from the back and pulling out towards the doors. A little force is needed but go slowly and the clips will release.

- The shift cables pull up from the base and not back. I found it easier to release them with the base still bolted down as it can take a little wiggling.

- Installing the shift cables - I had to adjust the green hold tool to get my cables to align right. I found that its much more important to have them go in to line up with your markings than to go by the tool. I used a stock 997 shifter so it may be different for the SSK.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:22 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
great info. can you confirm he 997ssk part number?

also, do you know if that a shorter throw than the .2 gt3rs shifter?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:14 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it's the shortest throw OEM shifter you can get. The GT3 shifter is all metal but longer throw. Not sure if the RS came with the same shifter as the normal GT3.