996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 front turn signal failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 AM
zman2000 is on a distinguished road
996 front turn signal failure

I have a 2003 turbo that the drivers side front turn signal indicator is flashing fast. The bulb is not flashing, even with the hazards on. I removed the headlight and replaced the bulb. There is no corrosion or obvious damage to the socket. I would appreciate any ideas before I have to go to the dealership. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
its flashing fast cos the circuit loop is broken somewhere. wouldn't be the one flashing fast, maybe another bulb within the same system or fuse.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:48 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
What's the rear bulb doing?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
The rear bulb is working normally.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Actually, the rear is blinking fast. The passenger side is normal front and rear. Nothing from the drivers side front.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Ray C. will become famous soon enough
I think you may have a front signal bulb problem, or a pinched wire to it. The same happened to me and I replaced the front bulb and problem was corrected.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Luna is on a distinguished road
1. Take the headlight out and chack that all your port pins are not bent.
2 check fuse.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
just change the signal bulb on the lexus it was burn out that y it blink fast,hope it the same on p

Old 06-14-2010, 09:23 PM
docjmj is a jewel in the roughdocjmj is a jewel in the roughdocjmj is a jewel in the roughdocjmj is a jewel in the rough
I had a similar issue on front driver turn signal.

1. Replaced the bulb with no luck.
2. Checked the fuse with no luck.

Went back and looked at the actual connection of the bulb housing within the light unit and found a loose connecting arm that I bent back with a small screwdriver. Luck!

Agree with broken circuit if light bulb doesn't fix. Process of elimination.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the help. I had already changed the bulb, so I went in and bent the contacts out a little. I dont know which one it was, but it is working now. So, what do you guys know about washing machines...(just kidding).

Old 06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zman2000
Thanks for the help. I had already changed the bulb, so I went in and bent the contacts out a little. I dont know which one it was, but it is working now. So, what do you guys know about washing machines...(just kidding).

Same thing happened here. Bent contact. Sounds like you got it figured out. It took me a week to figure it out, was driving me nuts, and for something so simple in the end.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:55 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Turn signals? You guys use turn signals????

Old 07-17-2010, 05:23 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Thanks for the info here, my drivers front blinker is acting up. It seems to be intermittent for me though. I have checked the bulb and wasnt sure where to look next. Sounds like I might also have a bent pin or bad connection for that particular light.

Justin

Old 07-17-2010, 06:01 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Mine went again a few days ago. Opened it up and found that one of the pins is totally gone.

Anyone know if I can just buy a new connector with the pins, or will I have to get a whole new headlight assembly?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Well I checked and cleaned my pins, problem does not seem to be resolved. I am hoping it is just something with the connection in the headlight housing as the problem is intermittent. Very very frustrating: /

Justin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 996 front turn signal failure