996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

airbag control module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
DeboTT is on a distinguished road
airbag control module

Hello,
First let me introduce myself, my name is Tom and my car is a 2001 porsche 911 turbo. Anyway the other day I had to jump start my car and now the airbag light is on. Took it to the mechanic and code can't be reset, it looks like the module went bad. So I am in the process of figuring out what to do. Do i go and by a used unit and reprogram it or do I remove my exisiting unit and have it fixed? Thanks for your help

Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:19 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Been there...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ar-faults.html

Get the codes read. Start from there. If 195, I have an old module I got from another 6speeder. I'd be happy to give it to you to try! My main module died, I put this one in and it had more codes. Bought new main module, same codes - had to put both front seat belts pre-tensioners in...

That's my store in a nutshell!

Old 08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Duct tape is the only airbag control module I know:

Old 08-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi,
Thanks for writing back. I did read your thread, and I believe my codes were the same. I would try a new module but I have read that they need to be coded to the vehicle so you would have to take it to the dealer and im trying to avoid that. I did see that there are a few services that will fix your existing module for 50 bucks, I am thinking this might be the way to go. The only problem is I can't get the module out. Those gold tamper proof bolts won't break loose. The only tool I can think to use is needle nose vice grips but I can't get a good bight on the bolt. I was wondering how you got your old module out? I was thinking that if I have my old module fixed and then reset that may fix the problem. I know that when I jumpstarted the car that is what caused the problem so I am hoping that it is the control unit.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:58 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DeboTT
Hi,
Thanks for writing back. I did read your thread, and I believe my codes were the same. I would try a new module but I have read that they need to be coded to the vehicle so you would have to take it to the dealer and im trying to avoid that. I did see that there are a few services that will fix your existing module for 50 bucks, I am thinking this might be the way to go. The only problem is I can't get the module out. Those gold tamper proof bolts won't break loose. The only tool I can think to use is needle nose vice grips but I can't get a good bight on the bolt. I was wondering how you got your old module out? I was thinking that if I have my old module fixed and then reset that may fix the problem. I know that when I jumpstarted the car that is what caused the problem so I am hoping that it is the control unit.
I read about those fix it guys to! Worth a shot I guess. After spending too much time and $ trying to avoid the dealer, I bit the bullet and went and got it fixed. $1800 later, it still is good! I wasn't comfortable knowing my airbags may not work...

I used pliers or vice grips. Mine came out pretty easily...

Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Could one of you provide a link to the fix it guys please?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.airbagsystems.com/ This is the company that I sent mine to a few days ago. I have not heard anything yet, I will most likely hear on monday. I will let you know if they are able to fix my module.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Thanks for the reply. I'd really like your feedback on this as my module is bad and I would love a cheap fix.

Last edited by landjet; 08-19-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:48 PM
mrrrkva is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DeboTT
http://www.airbagsystems.com/ This is the company that I sent mine to a few days ago. I have not heard anything yet, I will most likely hear on monday. I will let you know if they are able to fix my module.
How did it work out for you? Did they rebuild you module and where you able to rebuild your tensioner?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Airbag Module

Hi sorry it took so long to get back to you. The airbag reprogram did not work and it was a waste of money. I ended up buying a new airbag module from suncoast porsche and had my independent shop program it into the car. The problem was the control module and not the seat belt tensioner. I forget the price but all in I think it was about $600. That was a very costly jumpstart. I keep the car on a battery tender now. I hope this helps
Tom D
01 turbo

Last edited by DeboTT; 04-07-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Yes it has to be coded. I took mine to an Indy which was cheaper. They need the correct computer which is expensive so you will need to find and Indy that has it. Where r u located?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Airbag module

Originally Posted by cclhuzhou
I would try a new module but I have read that they need to be coded to the vehicle so you would have to take it to the dealer and im trying to avoid that.
I had mine fixed by an Indy which was cheaper. They do need to be coded so you need to find a shop that has the computer. Where r u located?