996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I hope this wasn't anyone we know...OC Ferrari crash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 10:07 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally posted by alamein
what f'ing tools. Since I live there and those fools could have crashed into me I am only glad they didn't take out anyone else on that crazy jaunt.
Not trying to preach here, but insulting dead people is a little over the top no ? Suffice it to say, they paid the ultimate price for their poor decision.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by srika
how do the Italian car manufacturers get away with making such unsafe cars? i.e. so prone to bursting into flames....
Maybe its because the exotics have so much carbon fiber in their construction that they shatter, not bend. Speculation.....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-19-2005, 02:31 PM
srika will become famous soon enoughsrika will become famous soon enough
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70775
(cars with) Marelli ignition have been plagued with problems caused by cap/rotor failures which result in shutting down one bank while the ECU continues to allow fuel to be poured in, eventually reaching the hot CAT and igniting.
more threads, just by doing a simple search:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70849
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71070

guys I'm not trying to hate here, I just think this is something people should know about and be wary of.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by jayster
Hey look at it this way, would your rather the oxygen be depleted
via "rapid oxidation", or discharging a little Halotron?
Besides I think you would have more to worry about than simple suffocation. I would worry more about the "permanent tan" aspect of being burned up....
True, neither is a good choice. If the fire was very small and slow burning which tends happen more often than not, it would be bad to suffocate.

I have a 355 and have seen the pictures of 355s on fire. Most are the cat issue and not necessarily a wreck issue. Not good either way, but it seems most people have plenty of time to get out alive when it is the cat issue.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
Originally posted by collin996tt
Fast cars and really young people are always a deadly combo.
Not always, its just the non-experienced ones who think cars handle like a bad video game.