996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

3-blink turn signal relay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:33 PM
skremese is a jewel in the roughskremese is a jewel in the roughskremese is a jewel in the rough
3-blink turn signal relay?

Anyone know if this exists for a 996/Turbo? My other vehicles have this feature (ones even a Jeep!) and I'm used to it. Seems a European module may be available with this feature but I can't seem to find one via google.

Thanks!

Old 12-28-2013, 09:26 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
I remember a company that used to have something like this for audis (before they came standard). they were called comfort blinker, from germany or the uk.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:36 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Yes please! This drives me crazy when I go from my S4 to TT. I flick the blinker for three flashes and get one little half flash, then that look from other driers who are thinking "know what the difference between a porcupine and Porsches is? porcupines have their ****** on the outside"... I'm not trying to be that guy

Old 12-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
I would like the three flash blinker as well as auto headlights! I'm constantly leaving my lights on when I get out! This is the only vehicle I own that I have to touch the headlight switch...lol

Old 12-29-2013, 10:00 AM
skremese is a jewel in the roughskremese is a jewel in the roughskremese is a jewel in the rough
I'd like both as well but was hoping the blinker would be an easy relay switch. I had a 95 GTI that I was able to upgrade to infinitely variable wiper speed with a simple relay change (flip the stalk down and up, wait, then down again and that was the speed of the wipers).

Anyway, I thought maybe non-US cars had this feature sometime in the 996 lifespan and it'd be an easy "upgrade". Do 997s do this? Maybe the relay is shared.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 PM
PL2
PL2 will become famous soon enough
I also own vehicles that have comfort blinking and miss the feature when driving my older cars...

There is a retrofit kit for comfort blinking.

It involves splicing into the wiring harness that leads to the Hazard switch.

It involves connecting 5 wires into said harness.

The kit that uses butt connectors:
VW# 000-998-229

And the kit that uses a very nice electrical connector that MAY cleanly connect into the factory harness:
VW# 000-998-229A

I have purchased both kits and will attempt to install 000-998-229A in my 996.

Will report back in a few days and if time permits.. post a how to.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	79546d1270966760-how-retrofitting-tap-pass-turn-signals-your-w123-w124-w126-000998229.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	317440   Click image for larger version

Name:	8017_x600.jpg
Views:	3706
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	317441   Click image for larger version

Name:	55422_x600.jpg
Views:	3830
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	317442  
Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
subscribed

Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 PM
brow0814 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rxbike
subscribed

+1 I am all ears about this one!

Old 01-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Who signals in a porsche anyways

Old 01-05-2014, 09:19 AM
ATL97gts will become famous soon enough
Following

Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PL2
I have purchased both kits and will attempt to install 000-998-229A in my 996.

Will report back in a few days and if time permits.. post a how to.
I think you've seen that many folks are interested in this.

You're relatively new here (8 posts ATM), but I've added rep points because you're taking the initiative and will definitely add more if you have photos or a writeup. (Not that you can spend rep points to even get a cup of coffee, but still ;-). It's just a nice surprise when a new poster comes onto the scene and starts showering us with helpful info.

Good luck -- we're all waiting to see if this works!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:51 PM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed

Old 01-05-2014, 12:57 PM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Yep PL2 is bringing something to the table. Looking forward to the outcome.
+1 on the rep

Old 01-06-2014, 11:50 PM
PL2
PL2 will become famous soon enough
Hello,

000-998-229A is plug and play.

Best $60.00 spent on a car.

In a nutshell:

The hazard switch needs to be removed from the instrument cluster housing.
The instrument cluster and housing needs to be lifted away/propped up from the dashboard.
The hazard switch electrical socket needs to be removed from the instrument cluster housing.
5 wires need to be removed from the hazard switch electrical socket and re-connected into the corresponding adapter harness socket.
Tuck away the adapter relay onto one of the empty cavities behind the cluster.
Reassemble in reverse order.

No soldering or wire cutting required.

Totally reversible and the relay is passive.

Removal of relay from adapter harness puts system back into "stock mode."

Total time.. 1 hour with your favorite beverage close by.

Write up to follow..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	harness.jpg
Views:	3477
Size:	574.7 KB
ID:	317996  
Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 AM
Empyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to beholdEmpyreal is a splendid one to behold
Nice. Just ordered mine in anticipation of the write-up. Much thanks!

Last edited by Empyreal; 01-07-2014 at 12:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3-blink turn signal relay?