996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Market feeler: flared front fenders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 03:13 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Market feeler: flared front fenders

Trying to gauge interest in flared front fenders. These would be +1" wider than stock to easily allow the use of 10" wheels and 275 tires. Fenders would be very similar to 997Cup fenders and would be made out of CF and come primed ready to paint. The molds would actually be made from a combination of a 997Cup fender and the 996 fender to arrive at the final product. The fenders would blend seamlessly into the OEM bumper. The look would be similar to the 7GT2RS carbon fenders which have the flares blended into the fender instead of added on. The manufacturer is here in the US and supplies a lot of CF part parts for PMNA. The fenders would be ready to bolt on but there would obviously be a requirement to extend the OEM fender liners which wold be a matter of riveting on a 1" extension strip to it. I don't have pricing yet, just gauging interest. Maybe people can chime in with a price they wold be comfortable with and I will pass on the data to the manufacturer. Speaking with them they indicated that 10 pairs would be their go/no go number. They are currently running the numbers so I will have an estimated cost in the next couple of days.

In case the mods are wondering again, I'm NOT selling anything....

Old 08-16-2016, 03:15 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
I'd be interested, but it is price dependent. Would we be able to see a mock-up/photoshop before committing?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Benzoboi will become famous soon enoughBenzoboi will become famous soon enough
Id be interested as well, pending price point/design. Perhaps something gt3rs inspired?

Old 08-16-2016, 05:53 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
No, not with the louvers. The 996 has the windshield washer tank there. Like the slightly flares 7GT2RS Carbon fenders

Old 08-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
The existing 1" fronts that I've seen look kind of off to me, like only the top part is flared. To be fair I'm not in the market for fenders at the moment but if I were I would prefer a different design to that look, 997 gt style sounds cool!

Old 08-16-2016, 08:32 PM
McSworley will become famous soon enough
I'd be interested. Of course I'd like to see before & after pics

Old 08-16-2016, 10:31 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
So something like this? How are they planning to have it blend into the bumper?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:21 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
put me down Hound they sound cool

Old 08-17-2016, 03:26 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
This would probably require a new bumper and seems like it would only really appeal to dedicated track guys who usually run GT3s. Off topic here but have you made progress with the new high density intercoolers?

Old 08-17-2016, 07:29 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Id like to see something for the front and rear.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:29 AM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Benzoboi
Id be interested as well, pending price point/design. Perhaps something gt3rs inspired?

that would be awesome.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Great idea, during my previous body project I would have installed them for sure. Now not sure. But will keep an eye on this! Important that he headlight mechanism should work as OEM.

Weight saving for the pair should be something like 8kg at maximum (18lbs), so not a huge amount much, but it all helps!
(Most CF fenders for 996 save weight 6kg-8kg)

May I guess it is fair to estimate them to be at around USD 2000-3000 per set?

Old 08-17-2016, 08:43 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Interested to see how this turns out.

I'd love to get some rear wheel arch moldings as well, like are available for 991. For me I'd want them mainly for protection. See how they "wrap" into the lip under the fender and protect the very outside most part of the fender from chips, scratches, etc...(Also, they are meant to be painted body color of course)

Old 08-17-2016, 08:44 AM
McSworley will become famous soon enough
Great looking
Very OEM
I'd definitely be interested
I recommend you even go wider too,
as I'd install a spacer on the front hub to kick my rims out further
to give it a great looking wide stance, at least until I put a wider
tire on it. I would even appreciate tire width recommendations too.

Thanks !

Old 08-17-2016, 11:01 AM
buffalosojah will become famous soon enoughbuffalosojah will become famous soon enough
Depending on price, I'm certainly interested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Market feeler: flared front fenders