996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

VF Supercharger on 996 4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zookie
holy hot man... it was like being back in Middle East... the show was Aswome tho, i should have driven my Porsche down, i could have gotten it Flashed... insted i bought my Passat. I did see the KMD Car... i was at the PASMAG Booth.

I am heading down to H2O in Sep, Ocean City MD. and this time i am getting my Beast so i can have it Flashed by APR

As for the VF, i have also been told Good and Bad things about it thats why i am a little worried about SC'ing... But even if i do, ill do it when the "Updated Kit" come out (Soon) or Stage 2 comes out (due for next Summer).

PS: What a Sausage Fest that was lolz
they can do the updated kit already from what i was told at the show
maybe stage 1 is a safer beat than a stage 2 since i'm sure stage1 is a lower boost setting

Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
talk about a small world, apparently one of my good clients is the wife of the owner of farbachner loles and he is a good friend of the owner of VF.

what it comes down to is NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE 996. too many issues and not reliable enough.

i was kindof upset to hear that since i am prepared to spend 15k to change my 4S to a supercar but i don't want to waste 15k to give myself a stroke.

too all my buddies at 6speed, no supercharger for the 996

Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
talk about a small world, apparently one of my good clients is the wife of the owner of farbachner loles and he is a good friend of the owner of VF.

what it comes down to is NO SUPERCHARGER FOR THE 996. too many issues and not reliable enough.

i was kindof upset to hear that since i am prepared to spend 15k to change my 4S to a supercar but i don't want to waste 15k to give myself a stroke.

Just because someone is a friend does not mean they know what they are doing. With 100's of SC's running on the 996 and 997 with no problems right now, how come your friend appears to be the only one having problems with the install? Might be a good guy to have a friend, but maybe you should find a better one to work on your car.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Cool996 is a jewel in the roughCool996 is a jewel in the roughCool996 is a jewel in the roughCool996 is a jewel in the rough

Probably the right thing to do... I've been on the fence for this since it first came out, but each time I've talked to owners and they always talk me out of it. Also, if you think about it... the cost has gone up because of "materials"... if they really wanted to sell a lot of these they would sell them for 7k installed or less. Think about it... there are a lot of people who would buy this for their cars, but if there were that many SC's out there there would surely be more problems.

Not everyone know's a mechanic or is as good as 1999porsche911 with their car's.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM will become famous soon enough
talk about a small world, apparently one of my good clients is the wife of the owner of farbachner loles

Hi.. Jason, I have a few 996's with S/C kits running around. One such kit is raced at almost every drivers Ed .. With no problems other then the clutch..The owner is also part of the bmw club and is an instuctor as well (car gets driven hard)... Their is a list of guys that we can call for there input.. Some are here on the 6... I also heard that one of the shops you named is building their own S/C kit......... How will that sell after your post! Any hoo give me a call, Russ is no longer here but we have brought together a stellar team to help you out.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Nik@VF-Engineering is on a distinguished road
the problem with the VF charger is a few BIG people that I know is giving me a really big large red flag NOT to do it (Paul at protomotive/protosport and also Farnbacher Loles, they had a booth at waterfeast too). I spoke to Farnbacher Loles at waterfeast and yesterday on the phone, they have installed about 16 VF kits on p-cars and they told me all they have is problems with engine issues and check engine lights. they felt so strongly about NOT installing one on my car that they won't even do it if i paid them to

but i'm still doing my research and there doesn't seem any other route to add significant power to our cars other than the SC. i was even thinking about contacting VF and have them write me a custom de-tuned softeware that maybe only gave me additional 100hp and 75lbs of tq (less chance of having my engine blow up)

drop me a PM next time you're around NY/NJ area bro, we should meet up for drinks
Good that you are continuing to do your research. Many of you may know that until Apr 08 we sold our 996/7 supercharger kits through EVOMS exclusively and we were out of the picture when it came to customer support. However it does seem odd that Farb. Loles would keep installing kits knowing they had issues.

Since we have been working with customers directly we have been uncovering more and more install errors. We have begun a campaign to actively install kits in house and establish links with enthusiasts to gather feedback. With dozens of 996/7's kits now installed in house we believe our track record speaks for itself. We have revised stage 1 software and are about to launch our stage1+ which includes 100 octane switchable programming.

There are other reasons why the 2 companies mentioned above are stearing you away from supercharging and I dont beleive it is related to the product itself.

None-the-less, I could care less to get involved in he-said she-said, but I can tell you that over a dozen dealerships install our kits and continue to do business with us. RPM North are also a dealer that have installed several dozen kits and remain active.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:37 AM
slaaw is on a distinguished road
To the member that started this thread, you're in the greater LA area, and if VF is willing to stand behind their product and installation, you can always bring it back in to them if there are issues that arise after the installation.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned
etwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really nice
Love Sc

Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
can you go into more details?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Thumbs up

talk about being a hypocrite but i just ordered my VF supercharger kit
it will be installed by RPM North on the 28th

Old 08-13-2008, 07:38 AM
c2mojo will become famous soon enough
Details please, V1 or V2?

Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
Details please, V1 or V2?
i believe it's the updated supercharger (self contained unit) so V2?
Delius, now would be a good time to help me out here V1 or v2?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
i believe it's the updated supercharger (self contained unit) so V2?
Delius, now would be a good time to help me out here V1 or v2?
V15K of your heard earned $ version

Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 PM
rost12 is on a distinguished road
I've got a 996 C4S with VF (bought from EVOMS) SC. This was my first summer with it on the car, around 4k kilometers done so far plus 6 track days. Car hasn't skipped a beat despite me running it quite a bit harder than typical street driving. Not really enough mileage to claim the kit to be reliable, but so far so good.

I've tried one unsuccessful dyno (if you ever try to dyno, make sure it has mechanically connected front and rear drums. We can't lock the center diff on our cars, if the two drums are not connected they'll rotate at different speeds and you won't get any results).

Running it against cars that had proven dyno results, I'd say my car makes 370 whp, but that's just pure speculation. You will notice a difference in 3rd and 4th gears, they feel much stronger now, pulling hard right to redline.

However, I'm already "used" to the extra power. I think I picked up a couple of seconds a lap at the track with it though.

All in all, it's not the best bang for the buck mod, but it did put some more "fun" into my otherwise underpowered car.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
cant wait to see it done Jason!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF Supercharger on 996 4S