996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

VF Supercharger on 996 4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
yeah, i told them to dyno it before and after
i get it back wednesday the 3rd
redridge, you going to edge thursday? i'm still dying for a ride in your car

no problem... I dont drive fast on public roads though.

As for the edge, dinner night with the wife, will have to see.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
slight delay but here's a teaser
picking her up saturday

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
AAAAA SWEET!!!!! BEST OF LUCK ON THE DYNO I HOPE YOU PULL SOME GREAT NUMBERS!! I am banking on your car so i can go ahead and get mine done..

Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 AM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
VERY NICE!!! Can't wait for the review.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow!! i cant wait untill i get mine!!! when i get mine done we need to meet up and take some pics together!

Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jstrat85
wow!! i cant wait untill i get mine!!! when i get mine done we need to meet up and take some pics together!
defintely, we should meet up sometime

dyno charts / install pics and everything else to come
just waiting for my rear tires to arrive so i can get my car back

what happens when you excessive negative chamber on the streets

Old 09-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
that blower is really gonna wake up that car!.... enjoy! no more falling behind the pack thats for sure.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
those yoko tires are absolute crap so that's a good thing.

good luck with the SC. i'm curious how it sounds. the only SC i'd get is the Ruf kit.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
[quote=angldrkns9;2028209]defintely, we should meet up sometime

for sure, ill let you know when i get it done.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned
redrige you should also come!

Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
those yoko tires are absolute crap so that's a good thing.

good luck with the SC. i'm curious how it sounds. the only SC i'd get is the Ruf kit.

Ben, what is different about the RUF kit, except for $$$?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
1. Name brand recognition - resale

2. Conservative boost - greater peace of mind for me?

3. Stealthy install underneath the hood

Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Thumbs up

here we go:

2 wheel dyno with drivetrain removed from my car
i am not an expert at reading these graphs so if anybody wants to interpret these for me, please do!

initial dyno run:
289hp to the wheels
247lbs of tq

after dyno run with v3 supercharger
405hp
309lbs tq

Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
the final dyno was done on Saturday in new york (as you guys know, it was raining a storm with lots of humidity)

my first reaction is difference in cabin noise level (i never read anywhere about this issue while doing my research). before there wasn't too much noise in my cabin except for my stero, slight road noise, and the tubi exhaust.. after the supercharger.. there is a HUGE difference. first, you REALLY hear the air intake noise (even at idle) with the K&N cone filter they use.. it's like a constant vaccum/suction noise. second, you really hear the supercharger (even at idle). it's a very mechanical noise compared to before. this made the car feel much more raw and a bit less refined than before. after driving the car for two days i think i've grown to like the extra noise. it really gives my car a lot more character and i like the rawness. its the sound of power

now for the power delivery. with this V3 supercharger setup, the car is definitely faster. the car pulls REALLY hard between 5k to redline (which I belive is still 7.2k?, correct me if i'm wrong). i am not sure if the car is faster between idle to 5k though (that is where i need somebody to interpret the dyno results for me. is the car putting out more power than stock between idle and 5k?) even though this car is supercharged i am feeling the power delivery is very similar to a turbo-charged car setup and the boost hits at 5k and then the power kindof kicks in then.

but overall i think i need to drive the car more before i can give you guys a more accurate writeup

btw, we weighed the car and it came out to 3650lbs (kindof fat with all the goodies i added)

Last edited by angldrkns9; 09-07-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:52 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF Supercharger on 996 4S