996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

VF Supercharger on 996 4S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:18 PM
RedlineMotorworks will become famous soon enoughRedlineMotorworks will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
i believe it's the updated supercharger (self contained unit) so V2?
Delius, now would be a good time to help me out here V1 or v2?
V3!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by rost12
I've got a 996 C4S with VF (bought from EVOMS) SC. This was my first summer with it on the car, around 4k kilometers done so far plus 6 track days. Car hasn't skipped a beat despite me running it quite a bit harder than typical street driving. Not really enough mileage to claim the kit to be reliable, but so far so good.

I've tried one unsuccessful dyno (if you ever try to dyno, make sure it has mechanically connected front and rear drums. We can't lock the center diff on our cars, if the two drums are not connected they'll rotate at different speeds and you won't get any results).

Running it against cars that had proven dyno results, I'd say my car makes 370 whp, but that's just pure speculation. You will notice a difference in 3rd and 4th gears, they feel much stronger now, pulling hard right to redline.

However, I'm already "used" to the extra power. I think I picked up a couple of seconds a lap at the track with it though.

All in all, it's not the best bang for the buck mod, but it did put some more "fun" into my otherwise underpowered car.

Thank you!

That is our goal!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Delius@VF-Engineering
Originally Posted by RedlineMotrwrks
V3!
You will get the V3!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Here's a local VF supercharged LA car.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:17 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Jason,
I thought Ron at Forest Hill Exotic Performance was doing the install.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
i was at waterfest also with my car. next mod sc!!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:10 AM
BigRed124 is on a distinguished road
Same car!

Well, I hope you go for it and will post the results. I have the identical car and am looking into superchargers also.

BTW, did you add that cool fin in your photo? Have any details on it?

Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Jason L.....Just two more days bro....can't wait to get your opinion on the results you feel and see.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:54 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
haha, actually i got too excited and moved my build date to today
i dropped off the car today at rpm north

just for thought, i asked delius at vf if they do any of the tubing in any other colors other than traditional black and they do not, so i had RPM north paint one of the larger pipes cherry red to give my engine bay a little spice

i'm picking up the car on Tuesday when i get back from celebrating my girlfriends birthday in LA

i have a line of car waiting to race me and see what this badboy can do including a few stock turbos and a few modified ones (videos will be included)

Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Let's get that puppy on Pass Time on Speed TV when you get it back...hahahhaa.....Can't wait Jason.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Cant wait for your results i am toying with getting it presently!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
just to share, when i was at RPM a few days ago they also had TPC supercharged car and RUF supercharged car

not to bash the TPC kit, but RPM told me they took apart the TPC kit and the overall build quality of the TPC kit is not comparable to the VF kit

it's pretty cool how for the RUF kit, you can barely see the supercharger

Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Ruf def has a nice design.... a bit pricey with less power. But, its a ruf with better resale value.

Jason, when are you gonna get your car back? You gonna dyno it it?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Redridge
Ruf def has a nice design.... a bit pricey with less power. But, its a ruf with better resale value.

Jason, when are you gonna get your car back? You gonna dyno it it?
yeah, i told them to dyno it before and after
i get it back wednesday the 3rd
redridge, you going to edge thursday? i'm still dying for a ride in your car

Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Cant wait for your results i am toying with getting it presently!
just do it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VF Supercharger on 996 4S