996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

I come from a land down under, ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 05:06 AM
Rick down under is on a distinguished road
I come from a land down under, ....

where women glow and men thunder.

Hi all. An introduction if I may. My name is Rick, I live in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, Australia with my girl and our two children, a five year old son and a two year old daughter ("two and a half daddy!"). I'll be forty-one in three hours time, and that sounds like way too high a number for how young and silly I feel. I decided at age 13 that I would have a Porsche 911 one day. I think it was seeing my first Turbo that sealed it. It took longer than I once hoped but now it's in my garage I keep pinching myself.

It's my first Porsche and could well be my only - a MY02 Carrera Coupe, Lapis Blue, with 18" Carrera Wheels, PSM, Bose Stereo and Bi-xenon lights. My other interests are photography, mostly with Leica M and R bits and pieces, and getting outdoors; the nearby mountains and beaches make great destinations along entertaining roads. One day I'll get a decent scanner so I can share more pics, ...

Old 07-15-2003, 05:21 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Rick and nice to see you again Mate!

Old 07-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet! Now we can get our stories of Roos and Pommy Bastards on this board too.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:37 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Rick,

I thought you were from Oztraya, Mate?

Eric

Old 07-15-2003, 09:24 AM
doncapecod
Hey, welcome Rick. Now we'll get some subtle humor!

Old 07-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Gery is on a distinguished road
Hey Mate

Now we need more pics of your office mates...

Old 07-16-2003, 04:59 AM
I don't know about subtle humour Don, ..

but I'll see what I can do with the girls in the office! There's a couple that have been talking about doing a shoot. Reminds me of a line used by the famous photographer Henri Cartier-Bresson;

"I would like to take photos of you naked." And then after a pause, "You will be naked."

Doesn't work everytime ....

Bring on summer!

Old 07-16-2003, 08:38 AM
UKSteve is on a distinguished road
Nice to see you here Rick, the more of us that drive on the 'correct side of the road, the better'.

You know it's gonna be fun when Don & Scott are now Moderators.

And here's me wondering whether my daft avatar would be appropriate!!

Good to see you guys here too.

Steve

PS Scott how's your wife doing and when do you become 3?

Old 07-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
It should be fun here. Same people, old people back like CarreraScott, it's awesome.

As for us becoming 3, that happens in mid September! I'm terrified... I mean excited!

Old 07-16-2003, 06:37 PM
Yeah, gotta watch out for these lefties

Originally posted by UKSteve
Nice to see you here Rick, the more of us that drive on the 'correct side of the road, the better'.

You know it's gonna be fun when Don & Scott are now Moderators.
Don, a moderator?!. Oh, good times ahead. I think he should be titled, "The Board Maxerator". Good one Don.