997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Edmunds 911 Turbo BEATS GT-R 0-60, 1/4 Mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
You are a disgrace to enthusiasts everywhere.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:59 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Z07, 6spd has become the itch you can't scratch. Something under your skin that leaves you eternally irritated. There certainly must be more productive things you can do? Honestly, this just embarrasses not only the car but yourself. I know that you are a reasonably witty and intelligent person. Have some self respect.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
It's all good, guys.

It takes him FAR more time and effort to create new accounts than it does for me to ban him and remove all of his posts. I actually think it's pretty funny that he's so obsessed with us that he keeps on coming back.

Just keep PM'ing me when he returns. I'll happily force him to continue creating new accounts as long as he wants.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It's all good, guys.

It takes him FAR more time and effort to create new accounts than it does for me to ban him and remove all of his posts. I actually think it's pretty funny that he's so obsessed with us that he keeps on coming back.

Just keep PM'ing me when he returns. I'll happily force him to continue creating new accounts as long as he wants.
Scott, you are the man...

Old 05-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
FYI...

Motor Trend dyno'd a US Spec GT-R in the June issue (I just got it from my mail box).

It made 430 AWHP on K&N's in-house AWD Dynojet. Those numbers matched the wheel HP numbers they got from an accelerometer on the same day. They are calling that 507 crank HP using 15% loss. But I'm thinking more like 537 using 20% loss.

They also ran a 11.6 @ 120.0, as well. 0-60 was in 3.2 and 60-0 braking in 105 feet.

They said it's quick off the start but has very short gearing so it slows down quite a bit at speed. Z06's and 997TT's will be hammering them from a roll-on.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:30 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
It's all good, guys.

I agree, that is , I can see him now, clicking and typing away for several minutes, waiting for confirmation emailsand then getting here to post, only to get banned in 30 seconds. And his posts deleted to oblivion.

6speed is going to have to move to the 24 hr period for email confirmations, but I dont even think that will do it.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:57 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
FYI...

Motor Trend dyno'd a US Spec GT-R in the June issue (I just got it from my mail box).

It made 430 AWHP on K&N's in-house AWD Dynojet. Those numbers matched the wheel HP numbers they got from an accelerometer on the same day. They are calling that 507 crank HP using 15% loss. But I'm thinking more like 537 using 20% loss.

They also ran a 11.6 @ 120.0, as well. 0-60 was in 3.2 and 60-0 braking in 105 feet.

They said it's quick off the start but has very short gearing so it slows down quite a bit at speed. Z06's and 997TT's will be hammering them from a roll-on.
Scott I am assuming that 11.6 @ 120 is from using the LC that is not supposed to be used too often before it fries the clutch?

Otherwise the launch is not that great correct?

IIRC kingleh or tony said that without the LC it kicks down the HP's to get a rev up(spool) before it takes off?

Old 05-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I can see some people getting out on the GT-R by honk real fast before the GT-R has time to push all the doodads.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
HEY ******** READ PAGE 2 OF THE ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOUND HERE! http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..2.

I have no need to fabricate anything, the GT-R does enough of that by itself.

Right because you didn't cut and paste different parts of article to make something totally different.

HC's Quote

Best Car Ever?
Depending on your drive to work, you might have some words for Nissan about the GT-R's ride quality. There's a center-stack switch for adjusting the Bilstein adaptive dampers, and after bludgeoning our first expansion joint, we waste no time selecting "Comf." But comf never comes. We can't detect any change in the damping at all.

There I said it. I've come clean. The holy grail of new performance cars, the great Nissan GT-R, isn't my thing. Man, what a load off my chest.

Then there's the hooligan factor. Sometimes having a fast car isn't only about speed. Sometimes it's about fun. And the GT-R, with its very sophisticated all-wheel-drive system, gets a big fat zero in this category. Powerslides and burnouts aren't really in the GT-R's vocabulary. Sure, it's fun to use its launch mode and leave the world behind, but most of the time I'd rather shave a little life off my rear tires.
Actual Quote

Best Car Ever?
Depending on your drive to work, you might have some words for Nissan about the GT-R's ride quality. There's a center-stack switch for adjusting the Bilstein adaptive dampers, and after bludgeoning our first expansion joint, we waste no time selecting "Comf." But comf never comes. We can't detect any change in the damping at all.

Maybe this means we're not hard-core enough to drive a 2009 Nissan GT-R. Or maybe it means a grand-touring suspension package will turn up in a few years. But there's an easier solution if you want in on the R35 Skyline GT-R experience. Don't take the freeway to work. Use the back roads instead.

You'll drive them faster than you ever have before. Maybe you'll never know exactly what the GT-R is up to behind the scenes, but when you can out-accelerate, out-handle and out-brake anything short of a Formula 1 car, do you really care?

You are no different than GTR fanboys who tries to only show the good side and hide the bad. But in your case, 911 TT is your baby. Why try to skew the information?

And it's so funny how you don't cry "bad driver," "unfair weather condition," "different tire," or any other excuse you have mentioned on every other magazine review. But soon as one magazine comes up with 911 on top, you preach it like it is the bible.

I just think people should be able to like or dislike any car without people calling fanboys or snobs. If people like 911 better, great. If people like GTR, great. Just because you drive one car, it doesn't mean you should put down other people who likes the other car.

I think 911 and GTR can co-exist without the universe imploding to a single point. It's clear that 911 and GTR has its own merit. Just like people, one isn't better at everything than the other. So choose the car that best suits your style, whatever that may be.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Scott I am assuming that 11.6 @ 120 is from using the LC that is not supposed to be used too often before it fries the clutch?

Otherwise the launch is not that great correct?

IIRC kingleh or tony said that without the LC it kicks down the HP's to get a rev up(spool) before it takes off?
Yep, that's using the 4,500 rpm LC.

Without using LC, it went 0-60 in 4.0 rather than 3.2.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-08-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Akira
I think 911 and GTR can co-exist without the universe imploding to a single point. It's clear that 911 and GTR has its own merit. Just like people, one isn't better at everything than the other. So choose the car that best suits your style, whatever that may be.
Wow...those are incredibly bold words for someone who comes to a 911 forum to start posts like:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...15&postcount=1
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...72&postcount=1

Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 PM
RiceEater is on a distinguished road

Ban them all!!! Let the GTR fanboys post in the GTR forum! Oh wait, there isn't one on 6speed!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Akira
Right because you didn't cut and paste different parts of article to make something totally different.

You are no different than GTR fanboys who tries to only show the good side and hide the bad. But in your case, 911 TT is your baby. Why try to skew the information?

And it's so funny how you don't cry "bad driver," "unfair weather condition," "different tire," or any other excuse you have mentioned on every other magazine review. But soon as one magazine comes up with 911 on top, you preach it like it is the bible.

I just think people should be able to like or dislike any car without people calling fanboys or snobs. If people like 911 better, great. If people like GTR, great. Just because you drive one car, it doesn't mean you should put down other people who likes the other car.

Keep yappin away, I told you I was done arguing with you as it's a waste of time trying. I'm glad you dont think Z07 is not a fanboy and think highly of him. He represents you well.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Tony (FL) is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Can you tell me where you read that you can only use LC a certain amount of times before it fries the clutch? Not saying it isn't true, I would just like to see where you heard that.
Would using LC be any worse than continually dropping the clutch on a manual?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:54 PM
timeattack07gt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Almo
131 BHP from ECU and Exhaust.

Where's the BS flag at on 6speed? If the ECU consists of adding 4 to 5 pounds of boost then a so called ECU might fly but if not... I'm still looking for that flag just in case. I'll just leave it at that because leaning it out adding some timing with some octane will not get you 80 to 90 HP to the wheels... not on the same boost level.
You guys enjoy jumping the gun a little too much around here, in trying to discredit any GTR related achievements. Any little thing you'll try and pick apart, even if it's a matter of you simply being uniformed lol. Nothing new though. Powerhouse Amuse achieved 611hp with full exhaust (hi-flow cats I think), and their Hi-tech ROM set at 17.5 pounds of boost. ~125hp is more than achievable, with roughly an 8lb increase in boost with the addition of a full exhaust system. Have you seen the stock exhaust system might I add? What a bottleneck! It looks like it gets down to about 2.75-2.50" single piping in some sections. Definately makes me wonder what the engineers were thinking there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Edmunds 911 Turbo BEATS GT-R 0-60, 1/4 Mile