997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Difference between ttS and tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:28 PM
96redLT4 will become famous soon enough96redLT4 will become famous soon enough
Difference between ttS and tt?

Asking myself if about 21K is worth it for PDK PCCB and 30 extra hp. What does everyone think? This is the difference I calculate for a similarly equipped 2011 tt-s and tt manual
Jim

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Asking myself if about 21K is worth it for PDK PCCB and 30 extra hp. What does everyone think? This is the difference I calculate for a similarly equipped 2011 tt-s and tt manual
Jim
The pro's are:
better pricing if you want all the options that come standard with the TTS.
30 extra ponies.
a bit more exclusive.
easier to get right now than a standard TT.

The cons are:
you might be paying for some option(s) you really don't care about.
no 6sp available.
more money, and maybe more devaluation when 991 is announced.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:16 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
It does simply depend on how much you enjoy the left pedal...

Old 08-16-2010, 02:23 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
TTS standard equipment over TT:
1- PCCBs
2- PDK
3- Paddle shift steering wheel as a no cost option
4- Sport Chrono Turbo with Dynamic Engine Mounts
5- Porsche Torque Vectoring with Mechanically Locking Rear Differential
6- Two tone leather interior
7- Extra 30 hp

Option you cannot have if you go TTS: Manual Tranny

As to the extra 30 hp, this advantage is automatically neutralized if you flash the car as the two cars will flash to the same level.
TT + XYZ flash = 570 HP (for example)
TTS + same flash will also = 570 HP
So if you plan on flashing the car, the 30 hp advantage is neutralized

One more thing to keep in mind:
If you plan on modding the car beyond Flash+Filter+I/Cs+Exhaust, i.e. beyond 580 Torque, then definitely go with the TT and manual tranny.

I am stuck on my upgrades as the PDK still has no upgrade solution. 9ff claim to have an upgraded PDK box finalized, but they are the only ones with this claim so far.
Given the reliability concerns on different forums and some people's experiences with 9ff, I wouldn't want to be 9ff's guinea pig on this.
Champion Motorsports are working hard on the PDK but it is proving an arduous and time consuming development project.

So it will be a while before this is cracked and it will be a costly upgrade.
No less than $6k to $8k probably.

In contrast, manual tranny upgrades are readily available and easy to do. They are also much cheaper.

If you don't plan on serious mods, then PDK is, in my opinion, a better option than manual in outright performance on the roads and in daily driving.

But you've got to suffer the slights, ridicule and the odd comment here and there about phalli (or lack thereof) from some of our brethren driving the MTs!

Old 08-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Edgar is on a distinguished road
Which one is better if we consider pricing?
Share your experience.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:58 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl

But you've got to suffer the slights, ridicule and the odd comment here and there about phalli (or lack thereof) from some of our brethren driving the MTs!
but very true. It can be a cruel world for those with stickless .

Originally Posted by Edgar
Which one is better if we consider pricing?
Share your experience.

It would be very hard to argue that the tts doesnt represent the better value out of the two offerings given its standard features and extra performance out of the box.

Either way once 991 is press released mid next year and then delivered a few months later, both tts and tt will both represent very questionable value at their current prices. If youre not already in one by now then you really dont have very long before the inevitable hit/bath .

Once 991's are in the traffic later next year the focus will shift away from the 997tt/and tts's and on to the new 991tt and 991 GT3. In other words 997tt will be well and truly yesterdays news. And thats the reality yet to be borne .

Last edited by speed21; 08-16-2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:23 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
but very true. It can be a cruel world for those with stickless .

Are we suffering from a case of this Paulie:

Old 08-16-2010, 05:28 AM
mhh
mhh will become famous soon enoughmhh will become famous soon enough
991 release next year will be for Carrera/S only. The 997.2 Turbos will take a big hit but I doubt this will be felt till the new Turbo is released in 3 years - unless current Turbo owners want to trade down to a 991 Carrera. If you want a new Turbo, you have no choice but to buy now. A 3 year wait is hardly an alternative.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k_ddsl

Are we suffering from a case of this Paulie:

Too funny Karim. You sure do come up with some beauties .

Originally Posted by mhh
991 release next year will be for Carrera/S only. The 997.2 Turbos will take a big hit but I doubt this will be felt till the new Turbo is released in 3 years - unless current Turbo owners want to trade down to a 991 Carrera. If you want a new Turbo, you have no choice but to buy now. A 3 year wait is hardly an alternative.
It was felt last time so I'm sure it'll be felt this time too. It's all part of the fun of being last in lucky/lousey, whichever way you choose to look at it. Anyways mhh I see you have a new 458 coming as well so it won't be all bad. You've obviously got plenty of coin to not have to worry about things like this so enjoy in good health.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:51 AM
mhh
Originally Posted by speed21
Anyways mhh I see you have a new 458 coming as well so it won't be all bad. You've obviously got plenty of coin to not have to worry about things like this so enjoy in good health.
I'd have a lot more coin if I could find a cheaper hobby. But, as you say, life's too short...

Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by mhh
I have thought about this. I'm certainly not buying a P car new as an investment. Its funny though with P as they keep every model tightly controlled as far as the upgrades in horsepower. Mine an 05 C2S had about 30 more hp than the prev S the 997.2 had about 30 more hp than mine and they are saying the next gen wil have a little over 400. I remember a sales guy telling me they could easily make them over 500 hp if they wanted to, and now they are. It seems with the new models though it will be awhile before the bar is raised north of 530hp
Jim

Old 08-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Boulder is on a distinguished road
I agree, the wait to the next TT (let alone TTS) will be awhile and life is short. Must admit I am wavering a little on the MT vs PDK; I ordered MT and don't know if I could switch out wo losing my deposit but the dealer has several TTS in stock. I genuinely prefer MT but the reviews on the board about the unbelievable power of the TTS are hard to ignore. I suppose I can just beat the crap out of my WRX 5 speed when I feel the urge, but will probably stick with the manual. Cost of a stock, no option TTS is only about 11 k more than my build.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:36 PM
mhh
Boulder, you can't go wrong either way.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
The pen is mightier!

Old 08-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Boulder
I agree, the wait to the next TT (let alone TTS) will be awhile and life is short. Must admit I am wavering a little on the MT vs PDK; I ordered MT and don't know if I could switch out wo losing my deposit but the dealer has several TTS in stock. I genuinely prefer MT but the reviews on the board about the unbelievable power of the TTS are hard to ignore. I suppose I can just beat the crap out of my WRX 5 speed when I feel the urge, but will probably stick with the manual. Cost of a stock, no option TTS is only about 11 k more than my build.
I feel exactly the same way eg I want the 6 speed but......If your dealer has several ttS and they know you are a qualified buyer maybe they will take you for a ride in one. It is quite an experience and it may make you want one. Are you getting a discount on the 2011? I was offered 3K off to order a ttS, pretty paltry discount considering the price of the car.
Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Difference between ttS and tt?