Notices
997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

New 997.2 Owner and what a greeting from a 997.1 owner

Old 07-26-2014, 03:57 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
New 997.2 Owner and what a greeting from a 997.1 owner

So I was speculating for a while to buy my dream Porsche. A 997.2 So eventually one fell in my lap, super low miles, no flaws, 1 owner who is super loaded and owns a few and gave this up for a new 991. Car is perfect in white with blood red interior. PDK etc. Super happy.

I am a car guy and built a few cars in my life over the 1100 WHP mark ,so the car game not knew to me. But never really hung out with guys who own $100k+ cars.

Anyway, I was hanging out at OBI long island and some dweeb who you can tell knows nothing about cars, who does not build but buys everything, who has a beat up 997.1 tells me, my motor is better than yours like we are 3 yrs old. Anyway, I ignored him and walked away. But boy does he make Porsche owners look stupid.

So anyway, enough with the rant, just saying Hi

Also, after all this time, I don't see how the 997.2 car/motor is not better than the 997.1

I drove both and the 997.2 is a superior car.

Also, I plan to keep stock, but stock means Cobb and straight pipes. LOL

Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Steve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K ny has a reputation beyond repute
welcome ! post some pics.
where in nyc are you ?
Im in brooklyn and have yet to meet a fellow 6 speeder brooklyn-ite.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ut-new-me.html

There is differences, some do prefer the mezger block over the new dfi engine in the .2

Old 07-26-2014, 06:14 PM
garychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to beholdgarychios is a splendid one to behold
I am originally from queens. Now in Nassau

Old 07-27-2014, 09:17 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by garychios View Post
I am originally from queens. Now in Nassau

Another Fellow Nassau 6Speeder. You will find all types out there. Since I got my TTS, I have met some of the best and worst P car owners.

It like anything else you gravitate to those you like and do a 360 on the ones you don't. I was approached at Captree and asked if a guys could take a Pic of my car, with his GF? They both looked normal. I said sure, thought she would stand in front or sit in driver seat. Then he says hop up on the front fender. I said, wait, please don't sit on the fender. You are welcome to sit in the driver seat if you want.

He said, never mind, and left like I did something wrong?

Old 07-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JSF721 View Post
Another Fellow Nassau 6Speeder. You will find all types out there. Since I got my TTS, I have met some of the best and worst P car owners.

It like anything else you gravitate to those you like and do a 360 on the ones you don't. I was approached at Captree and asked if a guys could take a Pic of my car, with his GF? They both looked normal. I said sure, thought she would stand in front or sit in driver seat. Then he says hop up on the front fender. I said, wait, please don't sit on the fender. You are welcome to sit in the driver seat if you want.

He said, never mind, and left like I did something wrong?

haha, agreed, im out in Glen Cove. Such tools around these parts and snobby a$$holes.

Last edited by Lennon31987; 07-28-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:54 AM
WPOM97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by garychios View Post
Anyway, I was hanging out at OBI long island and some dweeb who you can tell knows nothing about cars, who does not build but buys everything, who has a beat up 997.1 tells me, my motor is better than yours like we are 3 yrs old. Anyway, I ignored him and walked away. But boy does he make Porsche owners look stupid.
Why even mention him on this forum and reduce yourself to his level by name calling? Obviously he doesn't have the social sense to have a meaningful conversation with another Porsche owner so what do you expect us to do about his behavior? Let's just talk about your Porsche and how you're lying to your future self about keeping it stock

Old 04-25-2019, 04:44 PM
Big Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond reputeBig Swole has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the club!!

Love my 997.2 TTS