997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC's DSC quick review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 12:07 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Just had my DSC box "upgraded" to the new version. I have to say I still can't believe the level of service the DSC Sport guys provide (completely free, no questions asked upgrade). I'll toss it back in this weekend -- I wasn't expecting a change outside of 2-modes and no blinking but am now looking forward even more to it.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
I just hope Canadian dollar goes up a bit this winter so I can order one of these for next spring!

1100$ US = 1488$ CAN jesus christ!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:24 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Another happy customer.

Even with all the good reviews, it is really hard to imagine how it be the amazing suspension behaviour after the dsc module pluged in. The ride is so much more smooth at cruising speeds that even my girlfriend noticed during the first few miles without knowing the upgrade. And the way that it auto-stiff during braking, accelerations and cornering, it really puts the "old suspension performance " up to par with the brand new top models.

I dare to say that it was the most worthy money spent on the car.

Last edited by Tiago; 11-14-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:25 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Original thread updated to provide brief technical insights on the firmware upgrade to the DSC module plus provide some initial driving impressions from both the street and track. TPC's DSC module continues to be a fantastic mod and now I daresay qualifies as a "must-have" for our 997 turbos...

Spent time with Mike Levitas and the guys at TPC Racing at their shop in Maryland and they are a great bunch of guys with a genuine passion for all things suspension and racing, particularly on the Porsche platform. A day well spent!

Old 11-29-2016, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by akunob
Original thread updated to provide brief technical insights on the firmware upgrade to the DSC module plus provide some initial driving impressions from both the street and track. TPC's DSC module continues to be a fantastic mod and now I daresay qualifies as a "must-have" for our 997 turbos...

Spent time with Mike Levitas and the guys at TPC Racing at their shop in Maryland and they are a great bunch of guys with a genuine passion for all things suspension and racing, particularly on the Porsche platform. A day well spent!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your car! It was great meeting you and glad you got to see around the shop during your trip!

Old 11-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Do 991 turbos benefit from the module - was very impressed with it out of the box?
yea they do

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 11-29-2016, 12:59 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your car! It was great meeting you and glad you got to see around the shop during your trip!
Harris,

Nice talking with you via email today.

Thanks for the excellent service.

Best,

Kurt

Old 11-29-2016, 01:48 PM
HellaHashTags has a spectacular aura aboutHellaHashTags has a spectacular aura about
Are there any downsides at all for the TPC DSC?
Hypothetically, if I swap in the DSC, drive it around for a bit, then swap it back out, could the Porsche dealership detect that it was ever installed?

Old 11-29-2016, 04:15 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HellaHashTags
Are there any downsides at all for the TPC DSC?
Hypothetically, if I swap in the DSC, drive it around for a bit, then swap it back out, could the Porsche dealership detect that it was ever installed?
It's a simple plug and play switch, I doubt the regular Porsche dealership would be able to detect that it was ever installed. Now if the car was sent to Porsche A.G. for full diagnostics, that's a different story and there I'm not sure. Maybe the guys from TPC can chime in.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing

Thanks Harris. Meeting you and the guys from TPC was great. The shop tour with Tom was fantastic, Jordan provided phenomenal customer service and Mike was a blast to speak with. Go out and get some TPC Racing gear/merchandise so we can rep you guys at our HPDE events...LOL! (When other drivers ask how my TTS maintains such stability through high-G corners I can point to my TPC Racing hat...haha!). I'll be seeing you guys soon enough.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HellaHashTags
The simple answer is no. The PASM computer is linked through CAN. When the ignition is turned on, the computer just looks for a signal from that line. When the PASM computer or the DSC Sport module is plugged in, it give a handshake and lets the line know that there is something there. It does not record like an ECU does.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by akunob
Go out and get some TPC Racing gear/merchandise so we can rep you guys at our HPDE events...LOL! (When other drivers ask how my TTS maintains such stability through high-G corners I can point to my TPC Racing hat...haha!). I'll be seeing you guys soon enough.
We are looking at getting some TPC Racing and DSC Sport merchandise made. Once we do, we will put it on our website and let everyone know!

Old 02-25-2017, 04:23 PM
911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of911TurboRules has much to be proud of
Firmware update?

Hi Harris,

I have one of the original DSC modules for my car and really love it. Have had it for more than 2 years of track and street use. Love it!

I have the firmware with the 3 modes with blinking LEDs. How can I update my firmware to get the latest firmware with the 2 modes? I went to the DSC website but there wasn't anything to download for the 997.2 911.

Thanks,
Paul

Old 02-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Thought I'd give my 2 cents on this post as I've had this mod on the car and have 5 track days with it also....to be honest the system is so good that you could built a legit track/ street car with ease ...the difference on the track is huge and you don't get the feeling the motor is trying to fling you off the track...almost like the car feels mid engine.....
To my understanding this system works on steering angle and speed so if your going slow and just slightly turn the wheel it's comfy...it also can tell when your driving fast with the steering input you use ...hack at the wheel at speed and it just adjust all your shocks front and back to help you get threw the turn...the harder you turn the tighter it gets.....love it...gmg springs and this and for now I'm happy...

Old 02-26-2017, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by 911TurboRules
Hi Harris,

I have one of the original DSC modules for my car and really love it. Have had it for more than 2 years of track and street use. Love it!

I have the firmware with the 3 modes with blinking LEDs. How can I update my firmware to get the latest firmware with the 2 modes? I went to the DSC website but there wasn't anything to download for the 997.2 911.

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul,

Simply mail the DSC module in to the guys at TPC for the update. Should be a breeze! ENJOY!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC's DSC quick review...