997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

TPC's DSC quick review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:24 AM
cjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond reputecjcam930 has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW I just had TPC do my firmware update a few weeks ago and it's GREAT. I like the initial maps chosen and the more "normal" button/light functionality. Plus their turnaround time was literally overnight, unreal. I have not customized anything yet but will get into that later I'm sure.

I strongly recommend shipping the precious little box by a tracked/insured carrier, just in case. (I used FedEx).

Old 06-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Rebel Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: full throttle pull

So I posted earlier about doing a hard pull in sport mode on the coast with my 997.1TT. I have to say TPC's response was quick am very genuine in their offer for help. After talking with Harris at TPC and a few more drives. I'm fairly certain my encounter was something in the road. I'm going to have my alignment checked anyway. But I just didn't want to leave TPC's thread with a negative vibe. They've been great so far.
thx Harris!

Old 06-29-2017, 07:11 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
^ Glad to hear that you've narrowed the issue down to possible road condition/debris! Not surprised about the response from the folks at TPC, they are top notch!

Track update: I've been running the turbo S with Michelin PS Cup 2s on the track and the combination of the DSC module and the added grip from the Cup 2s is awesome at the track. Well driven 991 GT3s don't stand a chance...

Old 06-30-2017, 04:57 PM
THEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to beholdTHEWHEEL22 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Harris@TPCRacing
The new 2 mode setting does make a nice difference in improved ride quality and handling. We have merged modes 2 and 3 which makes a nice difference. Also with this update, the PASM switch will work like stock and "PASM Normal" and "PASM Sport" will come up on the dash like factory. This also eliminates any blinking lights. Mode 2 is still nice for driving, but with the way that we were able to merge the mode 2 and 3 settings, it feels more like mode 3 as you lean into the car harder and harder if that makes sense.
Can you also PM me the instructions to send mine in for the update!!

Thanks in advance

Old 07-01-2017, 02:28 PM
cstyles is on a distinguished road
Add another very satisfied customer to the list. I just installed the newer 2-mode DSC in my 2008 turbo and the suspension has been absolutely transformed on the street. I also have Eibach Prokit springs which I have had installed for ~3000 km.

Even in sport mode, the car is so composed on city streets - even more so than stock regular mode. I don't have the suspension engineering vocabulary to articulate how the DSC suspension really feels; I can just say for 100% certain that the difference in feel, on both modes, is night and day. A fantastic upgrade. Well done to DSC engineers, and if anyone is running eibach springs on OEM PASM dampers, here's a datapoint for you to help with your decision. Do it.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:29 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
My DSC experience

Bought my car with Moton's and recently located a set of OEM pasm shocks to take it back to stock bc the Moton's were way more than I needed and too much maintenance. The used pasm shocks I put on the car had 55k miles on them and stock springs. I don't need the car lower. Bought a used DSC that had the most recent update with solid lights and 2 settings.

Only drove the car with the OEM pasm module for a few weeks and it was ok. Installed the DSC and I love the ride! Normal is pretty comfy and sometimes I find myself just keeping it in sport. It reminds me a little more of how my .2 TTS's used to feel in stock mode. Normal on that car was best I can tell in between my new normal and sport with DSC.

I love it so much that I bought another used set of PASM OEM shocks with more like 30k miles just to have a spare when replacement is needed. My car has 40k miles on it now. The second set of OEM pasm shocks came with H&R springs and the front and rear mounts as well as the OEM springs. Not sure how much different the car would feel with lowering springs. I'm hesitant to believe there would be enough travel when the car is lower. Maybe one day I'll find out.

DSC sure does eliminate the need to go with any adj coil over unless you really want the adjustability and lowering of the ride height. Granted, I have not tracked this car and don't know how it would perform but my guess is that it would be enough for a few DE's a year. Great Mod!

Old 07-07-2017, 05:19 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
DSC sure does eliminate the need to go with any adj coil over unless you really want the adjustability and lowering of the ride height. Granted, I have not tracked this car and don't know how it would perform but my guess is that it would be enough for a few DE's a year. Great Mod!
The active suspension function afforded by the DSC module comes alive at the track (much more than anything we put our cars through on the street)! The constant weight transfer that occurs on each lap due to high-G turns, hard acceleration and quick/aggressive threshold braking are tamed by the DSC module. At the track, "smoothness" is a goal/driving skill all drivers spend countless track time trying to achieve. The DSC module goes a long way in helping some of us get closer to that goal by eliminating much of the situations that 'unsettle' the car on the track. Result = more fun behind the wheel and, oh yes...faster lap times! If you love the DSC module on the street, you'll marvel at it at the track!

Old 04-26-2018, 11:20 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
This looks like something I need!! (want actually). lol

Old 05-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Big Swole
This looks like something I need!! (want actually). lol
I say get it, it is arguably the best initial mod you can make to the car as it transforms the ride (for the better). Great value addition, as well as you'll feel the change instantly. Go for it!

Old 05-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akunob
I say get it, it is arguably the best initial mod you can make to the car as it transforms the ride (for the better). Great value addition, as well as you'll feel the change instantly. Go for it!
Awesome to hear. Thank you!

Old 05-05-2018, 03:33 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Best bang for your dollar with out a Doubt

Old 05-05-2018, 07:23 PM
I just did my first Mountain Roads run today in my new to me 997.2 TTS, and OMG!!!!!!
This car is flat out amazing and the PDK is Outstanding!! I have NO regrets on this purchase over a 6MT.

If this TPC DSC makes the car better for basic and especially aggressive driving, then I can't hardy fathom it.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Big Swole
I just did my first Mountain Roads run today in my new to me 997.2 TTS, and OMG!!!!!!
This car is flat out amazing and the PDK is Outstanding!! I have NO regrets on this purchase over a 6MT.

If this TPC DSC makes the car better for basic and especially aggressive driving, then I can't hardy fathom it.
It gets better...enjoy the ride!! These cars are amazing.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:21 AM
mr dw has a spectacular aura aboutmr dw has a spectacular aura about
just pulled the trigger on this. Looking forward to posing up my impressions.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:10 PM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
Just put the newer two mode version in my 997.2TT.

In hand it seemed to be a bit lighter build quality than the OEM PASM module and seemed to rattle a bit in its case.

When installing remove the foam cover under the glove box as described in post # 1 as it gives more access. The second time I looked at it I just loosened some of the screws and pulled back on the liner to sadly discover it is made out of tearable foam as opposed to bendable fabric! I don't think the TPC instructions online say to remove the foam liner.

So far the it is a much nicer ride - better handling with less body roll in NORMAL with more comfort. SPORT mode is also pretty good and usable even on normal roads without too jarring a ride.

The only downside is that the sport button no longer activates SPORT PASM at the same time - you need to toggle it separately. I can see why this is done as the DSC module then only has to look at the PASM switch position and not be required to interpret commands from the SPORT toggle (or elsewhere) as well.

So someone toggling the SPORT button could see something is non-stock (or assumed broken) if they knew that SPORT PASM should have been automatically activated at the same time.

The two mode version also shows the standard PASM SPORT/NORMAL graphics in the dash so that is great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPC's DSC quick review...