Advice on passing emissions - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Advice on passing emissions

Old 09-14-2018, 12:04 PM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
Advice on passing emissions

Hi, installed Kline exhaust and now can't pass the emissions test as the Stage 3 Cobb tune is all good but the sensors are "Not Ready". With the Regular tune, the engine gives an error on oxygen sensors.

I've been told that spacers need to be installed to get around this issue. Can somebody advice on what kind of spacers and who can do the job in Seattle area.

Thanks,
Nick

Old 09-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Nick. If you’re tune is modified to run in Motorsports mode without catalytic converter is it will not check in. So you’re on the right track you have to get oxygen sensor spacers to do this mechanically then you can run the OTS map and be OK.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Dedicated Customer Service Since 1998. - 310.600.1850 [email protected]
Old 09-14-2018, 01:03 PM
nick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to beholdnick-seattle is a splendid one to behold
Hi Sam, the cats are there, but 100 cell high flow and they give an error. So the spacer is exactly what I'm looking for. Any idea who can do the job in the Seattle area?

Have to move to another country, so planning to sell the car, so it's a bit of an emergency.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry if I don’t recall did you get it from me? We have to see what exact configuration you have. The new 100cel Systems have a built-in provision. If you can send me a picture that would be a big help and feel free to text whatever allows me to assist you ASAP. From there I can tell you what to do or you might actually be just fine. I’ll be here for you…310-600-1850

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Old 09-14-2018, 01:56 PM
So based on my conversation with Sam, I need to put my old exhaust back. Any shops that can swap the exhaust and then put the Kline back on? Or install a spacer?

Old 09-14-2018, 03:47 PM
The Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-14-2018, 03:48 PM
The Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmmm….not sure the link works anymore, but that's what "a friend" used with success.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:11 PM
ctony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond repute
If Sam cant help (very rare to say the least) try some big daddy mini cats.
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html

Old 09-14-2018, 06:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
I think we can get away with those they usually come with unless we know we have tuning. I just figure since it’s being sold putting stock on might be the easiest to avoid other problems maybe with a PDI inspection

Old 09-14-2018, 07:52 PM
ctony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond reputectony66 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't realize you were selling it. In that case like Sam said just put a stock exhaust on it.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:16 PM
twturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond reputetwturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Bootleg smog guy