997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Multi-function wheel upgrade for 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:49 PM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JohnAMG
After 1.5 hour my MF steering upgrade is finish. Many thanks to Kaz and greenpdk, and now I just have to bring the car in Wednesday for reprogramming. I did run into the same problem Jared(greenpdk) did with the final airbag insert; the spring came loose/off and the airbag got pushed in a bit. I have to clamped down the spring to secure it to the locking mechanism. Also removing the faceplate did require some pressure and I was afraid to scratch the leather. Overall it wasn't difficult but if you are not a DIY guy, don't attempt this. Now the next project is replacing rear center console with the colored one(red of course).

John
Hi John,

Glad you were able to complete the task. My next upgrade is the rear center console as well. Keep me posted. I think I'll let you go first.

Jared

Old 11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by greenpdk
I'm not sure how long the actual programing took. I was waiting about 45min, but I think the car was done much sooner. I was checking out the new Panamera. On the way to the dealer the shifters on the wheel functioned as well as the heated wheel function.
Just curious what dealer did you go to? Also, $? cheers, Z

Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 PM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
Auto Gallery. $170

Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Kaz
Kaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the roughKaz is a jewel in the rough
Name:  997ttg2smanual.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  94.7 KB
Originally Posted by philcr2800
Can a manual 997.1 with no multifunction be upgraded to a multifunction sport wheel obviously without the pdk pads ?

Tks for clarifying.

Yes it can Suncoast sells all that you need.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...tg2smanual.jpg

I did the upgrade on my 997.1 tip.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
I just checked the Suncoast site and they want $549 for the multifunction conversion kit. Is this the same one that zschicago bought for $199?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
The kit for $549. is for the first generation steering wheel with triangular airbag, made for manual or tiptronic transmissions (2005-2010).

The kit for $279. is for the 2009+ PDK steering wheels.

Currently there isn't a multifunction retrofit kit available for the 2010 manual steering wheels, we're working on that kit.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook

Last edited by SuncoastParts; 02-06-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by suncoastric
The kit for $549. is for the first generation steering wheel with triangular airbag, made for manual or tiptronic transmissions (2005-2010).

The kit for $199. is for the 2009+ PDK steering wheels.

So what about 2009+ 6spd w/ thick sports wheel?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
No multi-function upgrade is available for the 2010+ (newer style, PDK look) manual steering wheels, give it a few months.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
BoxsterG is on a distinguished road
Can New wheel be purchased for a 2009 C2S?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BoxsterG
Can New wheel be purchased for a 2009 C2S?
A new PDK MF leather steering wheel will cost about $800.00 from Suncoast. I was about to buy the wheel until Ryan at Suncoast informed me of the cheaper faceplate option. I am grateful Ryan was able to save me some major dollar for this upgrade.

John

Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by suncoastric
No multi-function upgrade is available for the 2010+ (newer style, PDK look) manual steering wheels, give it a few months.
Is there a Heated Wheel / Multi Function upgrade available for the 2009 non-PDK (6spd) steering wheels?

If so, does it retain the sports center (round) and come in 'thicker' option?

Heck, I'd be happy if I could just get the heated wheel option on my ticker-sports wheel in the 2009MY car.... (on these very cold days when driving home after the car sat in the outdoor parking for the entire day).

Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
zschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud ofzschicago has much to be proud of
I finally got the wheel installed and programmed today. Works great. Especially using the bluetooth. I followed KAZ's instructions and went smoothly. Thanks KAS and everyone. I had the dealer update the PCM to the latest version as well. Happy Holidays..

Old 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Twinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud of
What programming needs to be done?

My MF wheel upgrade should be here this week (Thanks Ric @ Suncoast for expediting my order) and the mechanical install seems straight forward so the dealer should be able to understand that process but what do I need to tell him to do from a programming standpoint? I understand this unit does not ship with instructions.

Thanks.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
JohnAMG will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Twinspin
My MF wheel upgrade should be here this week (Thanks Ric @ Suncoast for expediting my order) and the mechanical install seems straight forward so the dealer should be able to understand that process but what do I need to tell him to do from a programming standpoint? I understand this unit does not ship with instructions.

Thanks.
I told my dealer the MF function needs to be activated and they knew exactly what to do. I was charged for 1 hour labor. Everything works but I was expecting to see the MF configuration tab in the INFO section of PCM and I didn't see it being listed. For those of you whose car came with MF wheel, do you have the MF configuration tab in the PCM?

John

Old 12-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Twinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud ofTwinspin has much to be proud of
MF Upgrade

Originally Posted by JohnAMG
I told my dealer the MF function needs to be activated and they knew exactly what to do. I was charged for 1 hour labor. Everything works but I was expecting to see the MF configuration tab in the INFO section of PCM and I didn't see it being listed. For those of you whose car came with MF wheel, do you have the MF configuration tab in the PCM?

John

Thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Multi-function wheel upgrade for 997.2