997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

DIY On Porsche OEM Satellite Radio Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up DIY On Porsche OEM Satellite Radio Install

Hello All,

A few months ago I completed my Porsche (90%) OEM Sirius Satellite Radio install in my 07' 997 C4S Cab. With work and summer family vacations/activities/etc... I had to postpone documenting my install as a DIY. Well I finally got the time complete the document.

A big thank you to Ric at Suncoast for all of his help and patience with my "science project"... ;-)

As the document is too larger (due to pictures) I have posted it for download (for free, just wait it out for a few seconds) at the following site:

Download DIY Link: (updated Ver1.2 doc in MSWord 2010 format)

http://rapidshare.com/files/440411956/DIY_Porsche_Sat_Radio_Install.docx?bin=1

Regards,
David

-------------UPDDATE--------------------

I just noticed A typo in my DIY doc for the Porsche OEM Sat Radio Receiver. Here is the correct part number (and I also included XM flavor incase anyone was interested); my appologies.

Correct Parts list for DIY:
Here’s the parts list you will need:
• Part # 955.645.280.02 - Sirius OEM radio receiver
o or Part #955.645.281.02 = XM OEM radio receiver
• Part # 955.044.900.65 - Harness for installs w/ CD Changer
o (Provides MOST Fiber loop & Power adapter)
• Single to Dual Sirius Ant Adapter
o http://www.tss-radio.com/products/si...ntenna-adapter
• Sirius Ant
o There are many out there but this is one I chose: http://www.tss-radio.com/products/br...nna-for-sirius

I will update doc and repost as time permits.

Regards

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 01-02-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Porsche Sirius Radio Part Number Correction
Old 10-03-2010, 10:09 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for posting this,

Tried to download it. Too many useres downloading from the server, try again later... I simplified it by getting a cheap Sirius radio and I listen to the music through the radio. In my defense, Montana doesn't have too many radio channels and the sound is just great without any interference. I will however download and install the Sirius if I move out of here.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:47 AM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
The file downloaded however is corrupt, doesn't open. Just giving you heads up.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
The file downloaded however is corrupt, doesn't open. Just giving you heads up.
Odd, I've tested and downloaded and works for me and other have downloaded already as well.

Do you have Adobe PDF Reader installed on your workstation? It's in Adobe PDF format. If you don't have Abode Reader loaded, here's the download link to install (Free):

http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO

If after installing Adobe reader you stall can't open file, PM me with an email address to send you file.

Regards

Old 10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Muscle,

You are the man! If this works for me I will send you a big and warm hug.

I know you encountered some problems and Ric was helping you out. Did you solve them at the end? Is this a Sirius or XM?

I love Sirius, don't really like XM. When they merged, aren't all the channels the same? Stations whatever. When you get the kit you ask for Sirius or XM?

How long did it take you?

A big thanks for taking the time!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Muscle,

I am a sort of techie, wake up with pcs and spend a whole lot of time on them as well. As soon as it downloads, Adobe opens up with an error message. I will copy the file and open it on a different PC. Iwould however appreciate if you emailed it to: matyoka at gmail dot com.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 PM
second download worked. let me see what we have here...

Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Muscle,

I am a sort of techie, wake up with pcs and spend a whole lot of time on them as well. As soon as it downloads, Adobe opens up with an error message. I will copy the file and open it on a different PC. Iwould however appreciate if you emailed it to: matyoka at gmail dot com.
Just emailed the doc to you.

Regards,
David

Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Muscle,

You are the man! If this works for me I will send you a big and warm hug.

I know you encountered some problems and Ric was helping you out. Did you solve them at the end? Is this a Sirius or XM?

I love Sirius, don't really like XM. When they merged, aren't all the channels the same? Stations whatever. When you get the kit you ask for Sirius or XM?

How long did it take you?

A big thanks for taking the time!!!
Glad the doc will help you, it's the reason I put it together, to help others out there looking to do the same! This forum has been an incredible asset!

To answer your questions:

1) Yes I did resolve all my issues/questions and documented every detail.
2) I installed the Sirius Tuner (and yes you can still buy it! ), the part numbers are all in my document. The OEM Porsche tuner is available in either flavor (XM/Sirius) and the install procedure is the same for either tuner but you would need to make sure you match the antenna (see my doc for details).
3) Though XM & Sirius have "merged" at this point it's only from a corporate perspective. The XM Channels & Sirius channels have not merged (not have their back-end systems). I happen to be a Sirius fan hence my persistence to making this work..
As for "the Kit" and what to ask for...read my doc, every part number you will need is in there as it's not a "one part number - kit". (This will make sense once you review the document.)

SonicKrack (love that handle ) had issues downloading, if you too are having troubles (or anyone else for that matter), feel free to PM me with the email address you want me to send the doc to.

Enjoy!
-David (aka "Musclehedz101")

Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
right click - save as

rep points for you - excellent DIY - thanks for sharing!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-05-2010, 12:09 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
This sounds interesting but, for some reason RapidShare doesn't want to cooperate.

Would it be possible to get a copy emailed to tcouture at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

T.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by tcouture
This sounds interesting but, for some reason RapidShare doesn't want to cooperate.

Would it be possible to get a copy emailed to tcouture at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

T.
Sent.

Enjoy!

Old 12-12-2010, 09:01 AM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
nice work! Just wondering what the whole project cost to do?

Thanks!

Old 01-01-2011, 11:51 PM
harperb is on a distinguished road
Can this be done on all 997.1 (2005-2008) cars? And yes, what is the cost for this?

For those of us who are less familiar with modifying cars like this, are there any reputable people out there who could make this modification?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY On Porsche OEM Satellite Radio Install