997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 LED Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM
ELUSIVE will become famous soon enoughELUSIVE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I think this is my next mod...thanks for the info ELUSIVE
No problem.

I'll worn you all that it's addictive. Once you go to these true white LED lights in your car you're always going to hate that warm yellow of the halogens. I've pretty much done all of my cars. My wife won't let me touch hers though. LOL

Old 08-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Ok, I took a whole bunch of pictures and it's really hard to capture what these bulbs look like in a photo as they are all rather bright and make it hard to capture. The best result that I got was from the fog lights of my Escalade. I had originally bought 6k and was unhappy how blue they were. Much happier with 5k which is more of a pure white. I had the same findings on the interior of both cars. I much preferred the pure white. If blue tint is your thing, then the 6K is for you. Here's the comparison:

Hope that helps!!

Old 09-03-2011, 02:33 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
No problem.

I'll worn you all that it's addictive. Once you go to these true white LED lights in your car you're always going to hate that warm yellow of the halogens. I've pretty much done all of my cars. My wife won't let me touch hers though. LOL

OK, I just got everything changed except for the Vanity lights and the Footwell lights.

Vanity: How do you remove the mirror/housing in order to change the lights? Do you simply pry the black plastic housing out?

Footwell: I'm able to remove the plastic/metal 'box' that houses the light, but then I can't figure out how to remove the clear light cover from the metal housing in order to change the bulbs. Any ideas?

Thanks...so far it looks FANTASTIC!

I haven't done the rear license plate lights, but thinking about it.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:38 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Did mine today looks frrrrreshhh btw deff do the lic plate light

Old 09-03-2011, 03:45 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dallascajun
OK, I just got everything changed except for the Vanity lights and the Footwell lights.

Vanity: How do you remove the mirror/housing in order to change the lights? Do you simply pry the black plastic housing out?

Footwell: I'm able to remove the plastic/metal 'box' that houses the light, but then I can't figure out how to remove the clear light cover from the metal housing in order to change the bulbs. Any ideas?
Scratch that, I was able to get to the Vanity and Footwell lights. Finally figured out how to undo the Footwell housing and got those done.

Now...the Vanity. It seems as though the Vanity lights from vleds are only 29mm long whereas the oem lights are 36mm long. So...the new LEDs are much too short to fit in that spot. Doesn't seem to be another length of LED Vanity light, but I'm going to search. I did try some of the 3610 Festoons, but they are too WIDE (10mm LED vs 6mm OEM), so they don't fit in that space.

Damn it's hot in that garage...

BTW: GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Ok, i'll try and get some shots tonight. The 2w bulbs are bright when you look directly at them but by no means do I ever feel like it's a spotlight. I think it's a good amount. I have the 1w in my Escalade and it feels too dim.
Thanks for the photos. It makes sense that the 2W bulbs won't be too bright since LEDs produce more concentrated form of light, I can see how they would make the interior look cooler. I'm going go ahead and order them.

Those of you who have the LEDs installed, post some pictures!

Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
This is what I used. All 5K bulbs and in my opinion they are very bright and match perfectly: I was not happy with the 6K bulbs. Too Blue in my opinion when matched side by side.

Door courtesy lights:
1 each side - http://www.v-leds.com/part-id-s/194-...4-168-158.html

or

http://www.v-leds.com/part-id-s/194-...-158-2821.html

Footwells:
1 each side - http://www.v-leds.com/part-id-s/194-...-158-2821.html
Any particular reason why you didn't use the same 4 LED 2W bulbs (as map and door courtesy lights) for the footwell lights? Was there fitment issue?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by gasongasoff

997-2 sizes are easy:
T10 (=194) in footwells, dome light (L/R), door courtesy lights
44mm festoons in dome light (center), and the frunk
31mm festoons x2 in license plate lights
Do you know if the engine compartment uses the same 44mm festoon as the frunk?

Also, were resistors required for the license plate LEDs? I'm not sure if 997.2 uses canbus system?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Do you know if the engine compartment uses the same 44mm festoon as the frunk?

Also, were resistors required for the license plate LEDs? I'm not sure if 997.2 uses canbus system?
Yes, 44mm for Frunk and Engine Compartment.

I didn't use any resistors for my License Plates, just 3610s.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Any particular reason why you didn't use the same 4 LED 2W bulbs (as map and door courtesy lights) for the footwell lights? Was there fitment issue?
The 2W bulbs that I used as the map lights shoot straight out from the ends. The way the bulbs are situated in the footwell they need to shine out from the sides. That's the reason for the difference.

Last edited by ELUSIVE; 09-05-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm glad you all are enjoying the LED interior lights as much as I am. I think it really freshens up the interior of the car.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 AM
The 2W bulbs that I used as the map lights shoot straight out from the ends. The way the bulbs are situated in the footwell they need to shine out from the sides. That's the reason for the difference.
Thanks, glad I asked first. What do you think of these, http://www.v-leds.com/v-leds-hid-6k-...4-168-158.html
Looks like they are designed to emit light to one side, perfect for footwell application?

Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks, glad I asked first. What do you think of these, http://www.v-leds.com/v-leds-hid-6k-...4-168-158.html
Looks like they are designed to emit light to one side, perfect for footwell application?
I think they would work perfectly.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Yes, 44mm for Frunk and Engine Compartment.

I didn't use any resistors for my License Plates, just 3610s.
Thanks. Is 36mm the correct size for license plates? gasongasoff mentioned 31mm festoons for the license plate lights?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. Is 36mm the correct size for license plates? gasongasoff mentioned 31mm festoons for the license plate lights?
Whoops, that was a mistake. They're actually 36mm, just double checked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 LED Interior Lights