997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 LED Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:42 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wolfnards
- Can you let me know the 'proper' way to remove the light casing? I put a small flathead where the small gap existed, but it just broke off. i'm obviously doing something wrong. thanks again in advance!
Got your PM. I think I removed the light cover the same way you're attempting to: flathead in the open slot. One trick you might do is to push the flathead in a bit in order to depress the clip to that it's not still holding the cover in place.

I was able to do the footwell, frunk and engine compartment lights without any problems or breaks.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Arerrac911
You need to pry open the metal casing from the side. Insert a small flathead in one side to loosen it and insert another flat head from the other side to pry it open. Don't worry about damaging the metal casing as it can be pressed back into shape.
thanks, Arerrac911!

my communications skills fail, apologies...

what i actually meant to ask was how do I remove the actual light casing from the footwell?

when i tried to pry it, the lens just broke off (shown in the pic). once i remove it from the footwell, i totally understand your instructions from there.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Got your PM. I think I removed the light cover the same way you're attempting to: flathead in the open slot. One trick you might do is to push the flathead in a bit in order to depress the clip to that it's not still holding the cover in place.

I was able to do the footwell, frunk and engine compartment lights without any problems or breaks.
thanks, dallascajun! i'll give it a shot

Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 AM
ELUSIVE will become famous soon enoughELUSIVE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wolfnards
perfect, thanks, Ryan!

- Can you let me know the 'proper' way to remove the light casing? I put a small flathead where the small gap existed, but it just broke off. i'm obviously doing something wrong. thanks again in advance!

- also where did you get that pic? was it from autoatlanta.com?
I removed mine in a similar fashion to dallascajun. You also have to open it from the correct side obviously.

I got the picture from Ryan & Suncoast when I was ordering the part that I broke. When I contact him, he sent me that picture just to confirm that the part that I was explaining was correct. It's very helpful.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:00 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
How do you guys get access to dome lights?

Does the entire dome assembly needs to come out, or does the clear light cover pops off somehow? I don't want to pull anything too hard there...

*** Figured It Out ***

Anyone having issues with LED dome lights? I got mine set from ROTtec and my middle light flickers and goes off sometimes on its own. It seems like one of the LED rows on the bulb is flickering almost constantly. My other two side lights will flicker too, but not as often, and it also seems like not all LEDs are lit on them. It could be bad bulbs, but if all 3 are doing it and no other interior LEDs are (doors, footwel, glove box), then maybe there is something up with voltage in dome assembly? Anyhow, anyone else expriencing this?

Last edited by DirtyVegas; 01-01-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Sounds like you have faulty bulbs, the leds should not be flickering or part lit. If the whole bulb is not lit then it could be due to the wrong polarity, just try turn it over and install it the other way around.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Yes, it appears the bulbs were bad affecting the entire assembly. The faulty bulbs are being replaced by ROTtec. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Sounds like you have faulty bulbs, the leds should not be flickering or part lit. If the whole bulb is not lit then it could be due to the wrong polarity, just try turn it over and install it the other way around.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
mcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud of
Does a 2007 porsche 997 and a 2010 have the same bulbs? I would like to order the same ones you have for my car.....Thanks

Joe

Old 02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mcjoe691
Does a 2007 porsche 997 and a 2010 have the same bulbs? I would like to order the same ones you have for my car.....Thanks

Joe

That's a gorgeous ride Joe.

Yes, apparently you guys bought them all as they show out of stock right now!

Anyone have the bulb for the Licence Plate? I'd like to get that one changed without triggering a code.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
This is what I used...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/License-plat...ht_3886wt_1014

It doesn't trigger any codes but you need to make sure they work before putting the case back together, if they don't, just reverse the connection.

I changed all the bulbs on the car and I couldn't be happier!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
This is what I used...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/License-plate-Light-No-Error-SMD-LED-996-997-Porsche-Carrera-4-S-Targa-GT3-Turbo-/170722450504?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item27bfd9dc48#ht_3886wt_1014

It doesn't trigger any codes but you need to make sure they work before putting the case back together, if they don't, just reverse the connection.

I changed all the bulbs on the car and I couldn't be happier!
Thanks Joel, Just ordered the rear light. Appreciate the input.

I visit Florida yearly over Christmas, we'll have to grab a beer next time I'm down, I'd love to see your ride in person.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Why are you guys replacing the interior lights with LEDs? Drawbacks seem to be failed LEDs, flickering lights, or fault codes. A benefit could be no-more fused bulbs.

Are you looking for brighter lighting? If so, couldn't this be achieved by using incandescent bulbs with slightly higher wattage or different (more bluish) color?

I wouldn't mind doing this mod for the "gee-wiz" factor, but I was just wondering if there are some more tangible benefits?

Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
sure thing!

I don't have any error codes or flickering. the ambiance they provide surely beats the regular yellowish bulbs!

Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
frontside720 will become famous soon enoughfrontside720 will become famous soon enough
Thread revival...

I have all the lights sitting in my shopping cart but I'm missing 3 lights for a 997.

1) Glove Box
2) Frunk (6411 Same as Plate?)
3) Engine Compartment (6411 Same as Plate?)

If someone could tell me the part number or send me a link to the 5K bulbs at Vled that would be great!

Thanks!!

Last edited by frontside720; 05-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 PM
frontside720 will become famous soon enoughfrontside720 will become famous soon enough
^^^ nevermind^^^

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 LED Interior Lights