Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
I've had good experience with XLED-xHP
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...2FWLED-xHP.htm

The other ones with 5 or 6 LEDs usually go out after awhile and start flickering.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:53 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I placed my order for the Cool White LEDs and promptly received them by Priority Mail. Installing them was very easy. However, just like AstonAficionado, I too blew cabin fuse 47 when attempting to replace the RHS trunk light. It took more time to get to and replace the fuse than it did to replace the bulbs.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM
brumma has a spectacular aura aboutbrumma has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I placed my order for the Cool White LEDs and promptly received them by Priority Mail. Installing them was very easy. However, just like AstonAficionado, I too blew cabin fuse 47 when attempting to replace the RHS trunk light. It took more time to get to and replace the fuse than it did to replace the bulbs.
Same here.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:54 PM
fohguy is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the in-depth intel everyone. I changed interior, trunk and door sill lights with the cool white LEDS from Superbright. Piece of cake thanks to all of you. Subtle difference, but it rocks. Basically, it looks like the factory could have / should have done it. Only glitch was I blew the trunk light fuse in the left hand side of the trunk. It's just a quick 5A fuse change. If you blow a fuse, but your other lights still work, then it's the trunk fuse, and there's no need to go into the passenger footwell box.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fohguy
Thanks for all the in-depth intel everyone. I changed interior, trunk and door sill lights with the cool white LEDS from Superbright. Piece of cake thanks to all of you. Subtle difference, but it rocks. Basically, it looks like the factory could have / should have done it. Only glitch was I blew the trunk light fuse in the left hand side of the trunk. It's just a quick 5A fuse change. If you blow a fuse, but your other lights still work, then it's the trunk fuse, and there's no need to go into the passenger footwell box.
Wait. You have a fuse box in the left side of the trunk?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 PM
fohguy is on a distinguished road
Yes. I have a roadster...The roadster has fuse box on left side and the coupe has the fuse box on the right.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
bazonkers is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Additional comments

Thanks for the great write up. I know this is an older thread but I just swapped my bulbs today and wanted to make two comments.

The first is that I agree with the people that used a small screwdriver to slide the map lights out of the housing, it really was super simple and literally a 2 minute job doing it this way.

Secondly, when I did my trunk lights, I disconnected the housing from the orange wiring harness before I changed the bulb. It prevented me from shorting anything out and I didn't have to access the fuse panel in the front passenger well.

All 6 lights took me around an hour to swap (mostly due to my checking this thread and taking my time). The hardest was my passenger footwell light as the wire wasn't very long and I had to contort myself to get enough leverage to change the bulb.

Thanks again!

Last edited by bazonkers; 11-01-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
facialcrunch is on a distinguished road
So these lights will give a blue look instead of the white?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 PM
More or less, yes. It's not blue but it is a cooler white. I matches better with the instrument cluster lights. The OEM lights are more yellow white. They are much brighter as well which was the main reason I did this upgrade, especially the map lights.

I also wanted to add that after I finished, I realized that the doors also had lights and they were not mentioned in this post. I found on another forum that these are 37mm festoon lights, not the same as the trunk. I haven't done the upgrade of these yet but I ordered some today. I'll let you know how it goes. I ordered:

3710-CWHP6 for the doors (I suppose you could use 3710-CWHP3 if you wanted something not as bright)

Last edited by bazonkers; 11-01-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Update - Have had my upgraded lights installed/used since the original post (years) - still no issues and working great !

Old 11-02-2011, 07:01 PM
V8 Vantage Light Order

Okay guys. I'm a little neurotic and just want to check this with you before I place my order. I have a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage and want to do the cool white LED light swap. I've collected the codes to replace the map, floor, trunk, doors, and license plate lights. I attached a screenshot of my order from http://www.superbrightleds.com. Anyone mind checking it to make sure I have everything correct? Thanks!

Attached Images  
Old 11-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Looks good. I'm still waiting for my 3710 bulbs to verify they work. They SHOULD but it hasn't been proven. Everything else will work for sure.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 PM
eelton is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by facialcrunch
Okay guys. I'm a little neurotic and just want to check this with you before I place my order. I have a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage and want to do the cool white LED light swap. I've collected the codes to replace the map, floor, trunk, doors, and license plate lights. I attached a screenshot of my order from http://www.superbrightleds.com. Anyone mind checking it to make sure I have everything correct? Thanks!
I (and, I think, others) have blown a fuse when using the high power bulbs in the trunk. I changed to the 4211-x6 bulbs (still brighter than the OEM bulbs), which have worked without blowing the fuse.

By the way, I have some "warm white" LED bulbs in my other car, and they're not at all yellow, so the descriptions are all relative. I think cool white/natural white/warm white would better be described as really really cool/really cool/cool.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 PM
It seemed that most of the blown fuses happened during the install. Once they were in, they were solid. I tried to avoid blowing a fuse (successfully) by disconnecting the light housing from the harness it plugged into before changing the bulb.

I do agree with eelton. These are very cool white. I'm going to experiment with putting a natural white bulb in to see how I like that look as well. I'm going to use the HP5 bulbs you listed in your order for tailights in the map and floor lights to see the difference.

If you want cool white, however, your order will work fine.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks

Thanks! I ordered all but the door lights. Let me know how they work out when you get them please. Much abliged amigo!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage Interior Lights