Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Virage Headlight Conversion

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM
brinksboys is on a distinguished road
DB9 Virage Headlight Conversion

I've had a 2005 DB9 for a little over a year, & it's starting to look dated. I'm thinking of buying the Virage Headlights & Fendors, & a DBS Front Bumper, a friend of mines from Aston Martin Longisland told me this is possible because the DBS & the Virage are based on the DB9, and the body panels should fit with minor modifications. I've priced all the parts & it should cost about $9000 just for parts. What do you guys think? is it worth it?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
I'm not sure it's a good idea it probably will put a sizable dent on the resale value of your car. Also while I love the virage I think te db9 is a better looking car with near perfect proportions and I wouldn't mess with them. Conclusion I would not do it but it's just a personal opinion and at the end of the day it's your car and if you would enjoy it better with these mods then do it

Last edited by Norman75; 04-30-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I like the idea of using Aston parts to make your car more individual. I would be careful with the DBS bumper. I think that this requires some modification. For some reason I remember someone else doing this and I think that the contact points don't match exactly. It may cost more at the body shop. If it were me, I would asses the value of your car in respect to a used DBS and add 9K. You may find that a used DBS will better suit you while giving you a bump in performance and a cooler interior.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
I was just thinking this through yesterday.

My last sportscar was a TVR, and a regular mod to that was to take the smaller lights from a newer model and get them fitted to the earlier car. The TVR had composite panels, just like the DB9, so should be straightforward for a decent bodyshop to do.

The newer lights will get you some way towards a newer look, but if you want to change to the new side vents, that means changing the wings (fenders?), which might not align with the hood, so you might want to get a new hood. Would be worth parking next to a virage and seeing how close the shapes look.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Better figure at least $20K. $9K for parts, $1K for fitting/painting, $10K lost in resale value. Maybe a lot more in resale value...no one will want your bastardized DB9/Virage/DBS

Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I wouldn't do it... I think db9 > virage in terms of looks and styling.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Personally, I would not make the changes unless they are a drop-in/bolt-on replacement (i.e. it's a reversible process).
Once you get into the realm of trimming and modifying parts to fit parts for a car it wasn't designed for, you will most certainly erode the value.
Most people when shopping vehicles in this caliber are looking for either A or B, but not A that looks a bit like Ab.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:19 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
The other thing to consider is that the car looks dated to you because you've had it 12 months. To everyone else it still looks beautiful.

Subtle changes will be noticeable to you, but its likely that very few people will notice.

You can often find people that have done slight changes to their Merc or Lexus to update a small piece which then makes it look like something slightly newer, but only one owner in 100,000 would notice.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
This is not an acura integra...you cannot get away with slapping a JDM front end on it and having everyone notice the difference.