Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Estate Monterey 2012

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Aston Martin Estate Monterey 2012

Just a few photos taken Friday morning, August 17th 2012, at a reception at the "Aston Martin Estate" located in the foothills overlooking Monterey, California. It's nice to experience how the other 0.5% live...

Attached Images      
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 PM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DonL
Just a few photos taken Friday morning, August 17th 2012, at a reception at the "Aston Martin Estate" located in the foothills overlooking Monterey, California. It's nice to experience how the other 0.5% live...
Thanks for sharing Don. Wish I could have made it this weekend...seems like a really fun event.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
How exactly does one "get in" to this....I take it us owners are shunned off for more of the "invite only corporate sponsor" type of stuff??

Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 AM
macksamus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Malibu101481
How exactly does one "get in" to this....I take it us owners are shunned off for more of the "invite only corporate sponsor" type of stuff??
I received an invite through my local dealer....said the invite was because I was a valued customer of their service department (I've given them quite a bit of business)

Old 08-23-2012, 02:10 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Malibu101481
Join the AMOC. The West Coast section was invited by AMNA.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Izis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonL
How did the car strike you in person? I'm still unsure of the rear end design.

Cheers

Old 08-24-2012, 09:50 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Izis
How did the car strike you in person? I'm still unsure of the rear end design.

Cheers
I personally think the rear rework is more attractive than that done on the front...not a big fan of the "catfish" wiskers that seem to be popular at the moment.

BTW, I received my invitation to the event through my membership in the AMOC.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Malibu101481 is on a distinguished road
I hate to get a little off topic here...

I've thought about joining AMOC but really don't see how a newsletter or magazine is worth 300.00, other than the invite to the Estate, can you other owners tell me if it's honestly worth the bucks to join??

Old 08-24-2012, 10:48 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
$300 is for more than a year (runs to Dec 2013). They run on a calendar year, so a one-year signup in Dec/Jan will be about $200 or so. 1 year renewal rates are $150-175. Part of the fee goes to support the Aston Martin Heritage Trust in the UK -- they keep a register of the cars and maintain an AM museum among other things.

I'm a member -- I wanted to immerse myself in the whole AM ownership experience and I liked the idea of supporting the Heritage Trust. The magazines are nicely done, all Aston but usually with a fair bit of space to devoted to the older cars. Depends on your interests. Also depends on how active the chapter in your area is regarding meets & drives etc (if you care about that).

There are some "member only" technical areas on the AMOC website, but none of those are specifically for Gaydon cars, so no real added value there.