V8S and V12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
I also love the manual in my 911
My fully auto in my suburbun
PS in my S is also fun when u get used to it
I think it's not only about usage and type of car..
It rally boils down to personal preference!!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:46 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
"No one transmission is best for all cars and situations."

My thoughts exactly. Each car has its own character, driving style etc.

For my V12 Vantage the 6 SPD fits the more classic character of the car.

My R8 V10 is also a 6 SPD, but if I was ordering one new right now, I would go DSG. It's a more modern car and that transmission would be more in keeping with the car.

Even though it has a fantastic gated shifter.

Luckily at the moment we can choose. Soon the factory will make that choice for us.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
If given the choice I will choose the manual gearbox, and choose to row my own. This said sequential gearboxes such as a Hollinger or race gearbox has it's place. For a street car I think the Scud has one of the best gearboxes out there, the 458's gearbox is very nice also as is the MP4. Is the standard manual box going extint, maybe..am I happy about that, no. I still haven't driven anything that makes me feel the way I do while driving my GT2 Porsche, rowing thru the gears, everthing so simple, no traction control, no nannies, just pure performance and exhileration. Now that is what driving is all about, the way it makes you feel, that's what a driver's car does, it's that fine line between a street car and a race car that makes you want to actually get out and drive the car, and gain the most from it while doing the work yourself, makes it all the more memorable!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 PM
No32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of lightNo32 is a glorious beacon of light
How is GT2 ? Do you track it ?

I know the turbo and gt3 but everyone explain to me the gt2 is so much fun to drive

Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by No32
How is GT2 ? Do you track it ?

I know the turbo and gt3 but everyone explain to me the gt2 is so much fun to drive
This is obviusly one man's opinion but to me the GT2 is the ultimate drivers car, very basic from the factory, no nannies, no drivers aids, no traction control. Just you and the car. and what a chassis and engine, it's very connected to the road and the feedback is razor sharp, driving that car is you literally feel like you are in a violent beast of a car which is so savage snarling boost from the big turbos and super in tune with where you want to be in the driving experience, the handling, the chassis, the gearbox and engine, all connected and working perfectly with the driver's intentions!

I have a race car for the track, but it is not a street legal car, it can only be used on the track, I campaigned it for a few years in BMW CCA and GTS-3 it's a BMW M3 CSL touring car.

Last edited by sunir; 03-18-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
[QUOTE=sunir;3796687]This is obviusly one man's opinion but to me the GT2 is the ultimate drivers car, very basic from the factory, no nannies, no drivers aids, no traction control. Just you and the car. and what a chassis and engine, it's very connected to the road and the feedback is razor sharp, driving that car is you literally feel like you are in a violent beast of a car which is so savage snarling boost from the big turbos and super in tune with where you want to be in the driving experience, the handling, the chassis, the gearbox and engine, all connected and working perfectly with the driver's intentions!

A bit like driving a Shelby Cobra! It's so visceral.