Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

08 Vantage Roadster Audio Components Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Clipsoe is on a distinguished road
08 Vantage Roadster Audio Components Questions

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and have read thru many great post's. However, I am looking for some more information. I am going to be working on a buddies 08 Vantage Roadster and wanted to clarify a few things before I proceed. I was interested in knowing to start, the max depth I have to swap out the door speakers, we were going to do some MB Quarts, I am concerned about hitting the window in that location. Also he wanted to swap out his factory sub which is behind the seat, so next question is, can that factory sub box be disassembled, and what kind of depth am I working with there as well. If anyone would know where to find a pinout for the factory amp, that would be greatly appreciated.
We plan on doing 2 pairs of MB Quarts mid's/highs, JL Amps (5ch for interior, and the factory sub box, and a 2 ch for additional subs), then two 8in JL subs behind the seats, and JL Clean sweep.
I haven't taken anything apart yet as I like to do my research first. I included some photos from other posts, google so forth. I also put a pic of what we want to do with the subs behind the seats. Thanks ahead of time for your help, its appreciated.

Attached Images      
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
I would really like to find an excellent replacement for my "in the door speaker" like the one you show in your first picture--Any suggestions? (How hard was it to remove the door panel to get to the speaker?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Vergis had a thread running on this awhile ago: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-speakers.html

DB9 door panels are pretty easy to remove, Vantage should be quite similar.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks for your replies! Only problem with that previous forum is it's an 05 and the one I will be working on is an 08. Not sure if it's the year or the fact that its a roadster. But the sub for his I believe is in between the seats above the console. Which makes for a very easy swap and a good amount of mounting depth. The sub in the roadster is behind the driver on the floor. In the pic shown it doesn't look like that box can be disassembled.
Also they don't specify max depths, from the research I have done there is less than 2 in of clearance. My buddy wants components, but the smallest components in the brand he wants is 2.36 in deep. I guess I will have to take it all apart and try out the equipment we have, and hope for the best.
I noticed someone mentioned door panel removal instructions in that post, can anyone link them for me please. I also need a factory amp diagram/pinout. It would be really appreciated if I could get my hands on those. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:39 PM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Panel Removal as posted by Irish07:
First step, open the window all the way...Then there's 2 5mm bolts that are holding the interior handle to the door, remove them both and pull the handle towards you(might be tight and stuck to the leather, pull carefully). Remove the felt plate on the back side of the handle that you just removed. Be carefull not to the bent cable!! Pull up on both hooks that secured the cable to the handle, do not break them(hooks are part of that black clips at end of cable). Slide cable metal end from the handle lever..

At the bottom of the door panel are I believe 4-T20 torx bolts, remove.
Just under the side rear view mirror panel is 1 short T20 bolt, remove
Just under the previous bolt removed is another T20 bolt in that grey circle whole looking bezel...remove

Lean the door panel forward at the bottom and remove the electrical connector to the bottom puddle lamp and the connector to the window switch, yes you might need long arms (do not remove the door panel any further unless you've removed the connectors, other wise unless you've done it before chances are you'll break the window switch and need to glue it back in).

Now with window down, handle removed, all the bolts removed and the 2 connectors removed..slide the door panel upwards and VOLLA!! It's off..

Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Sweet, thanks dicktahoe, just what I needed! We decided to change direction, and were gonna do some Pioneer Stage 4 components down in the bottom. I am going to get started tomorrow, I will play with the factory location and see what kind of space there is to work with and let you know how it works out.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:51 PM
So here is what we did with the 08 Vantage Roadster.
Equipment:
Pioneer Stage 4 5 1/4 Components
Pionner 4in mid's 4 of them
2 JL Amps HD 600/4 and HD 1200/1
JL Cleansweep 441 and SSI
3 JL W3 8in Subs
Dynamated doors and trunk
False trunk plexiglass cover with leds
and wrapped everything in carbon fiber wrap

Here's some pics!

Attached Images