Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

The grill work in the hood/bonnet of the DBS...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
The grill work in the hood/bonnet of the DBS...

So, the grill work in the hood/bonnet of my DBS is somewhat "basic". The color of the grill work is a battleship gray. They are functional of course, but one would think this could be dressed up a bit from what it looks like. In fact, the car I purchased stickered at $264K when new. One would think that for that price, you would get something a bit more than just stamped wire.

Does anyone know if there exists an upgrade for these wire grills that keeps them functional? I have considered painting them with high heat paint, either Black or maybe Bronze? I bought some high heat Bronze paint some time ago and never used it. I wonder what that would look like?

Also, I am experiencing air coming through the portion of the door where the side view mirror attaches. Anyone ever had to have this fixed on their car? I am going to have it repaired under warranty...just wondered if anyone has had this issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 AM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
No air movement inside where outside mirrors attach in my 2010 DBS. Only "draft" is from left hand ac vent.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by 4pipes
No air movement inside where outside mirrors attach in my 2010 DBS. Only "draft" is from left hand ac vent.
4pipes...how loud is your exhaust (inside the cabin, windows rolled up) when you are cruising? Does the loudness interfere at all with the radio "volume"?

I know that's a difficult question to answer. And, maybe I am just not completely used to mine as yet, but my exhaust is LOUD inside the cabin. Even when I am cruising, I cannot hear the radio "completely".

My XKR was virtually silent while cruising. I don't expect the DBS to be as quiet, but what I am experiencing is above what I expected.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
I have the exhaust valve fuse pulled on my DBS. I prefer the sound of the car to the crap B&O sound system, the one in my BMW and MBZ are much better. You need to see if the previous owner pulled fuse 22 (I thinks that's the one). If so, replace it and the car will be MUCH quieter while cruising. The valve only opens at higher rpms.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4pipes
I have the exhaust valve fuse pulled on my DBS. I prefer the sound of the car to the crap B&O sound system, the one in my BMW and MBZ are much better. You need to see if the previous owner pulled fuse 22 (I thinks that's the one). If so, replace it and the car will be MUCH quieter while cruising. The valve only opens at higher rpms.
Reading all the Fuse 22 stuff, I pulled mine. Couldn't stand cruising with it open all the time, so put the fuse back in.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Mine is still apparently in...I will check to see if the vacuum lines are plugged...cause if it is this loud with the fuse still in, if would be deafening if it is louder with it out!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DBSfuse_box_2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	955.8 KB
ID:	356546  
Old 04-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Good idea. My fuse is still in but I had the service tech plug the vacuum lines so no codes would be thrown.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:53 PM
BTW, my wife loves the sound, especially with the windows down.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
A metal plating shop should be able to cheaply clean & "dip" your vent mesh in any metallic. Titanium color would be nice...or gold!

Old 04-08-2014, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by mfrankel
A metal plating shop should be able to cheaply clean & "dip" your vent mesh in any metallic. Titanium color would be nice...or gold!
So then I would have Gold grills to match my GOLD GRILL?!!