Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Should AML take note?

Old 05-03-2014, 08:24 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Old 05-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Yes, they should. It's a deal maker for me (no manual is a deal breaker). I recently read (FWIW) that 30% of Vantages are manuals -- a significant percentage. The manual is NOT dead.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Well I'm doing my part and sent them a clear message by ordering my new Vantage as a manual.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I just filled out an owners survey this week and told AM I would not buy another Aston with SS. I would, however, order a V12 V Roadster with manual if they would build one. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:23 AM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
I also prefer the Manual on all my sports cars.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:16 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys, one of my first posts here since I'm about to purchase an early 2004 DB9 with auto gearbox. I prefer manual over auto as well in my car but when youre in the second-hand car market the choice isn't yours all the time. WHo is the manufacturer of the AML gearboxes? Is this ZF? The intended buy i'm after has the autobox as well. What brand is this?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:44 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
You are all holding onto the past as you try and recreate fond childhood memories!

The days of manual transmissions in high performance cars are numbered, those campaniles that still offer them do so only to satisfy nostalgic purchasers.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:12 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FatFrank
You are all holding onto the past as you try and recreate fond childhood memories!

The days of manual transmissions in high performance cars are numbered, those campaniles that still offer them do so only to satisfy nostalgic purchasers.
Regardless, they are in business and a nostalgic buyer's money is the same color as a twenty five year old's cash. So give the buyer what he wants and can afford while you can.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:01 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sdekoning
Hi guys, one of my first posts here since I'm about to purchase an early 2004 DB9 with auto gearbox. I prefer manual over auto as well in my car but when youre in the second-hand car market the choice isn't yours all the time. WHo is the manufacturer of the AML gearboxes? Is this ZF? The intended buy i'm after has the autobox as well. What brand is this?
Auto: ZF
Manual: Graziano

Old 06-10-2014, 08:21 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
ha! Yep, except on the used market when trying to get sportshift, f1 shift etc sorted a few years out of warranty. Manual starts to look better and better

Originally Posted by FatFrank

Old 06-10-2014, 08:30 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
And SportShift, even on the GT, is a cost option.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:21 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
All good points Karl, Scott, and Zvez. I agree with them all, it's just that technology is leaving manual transmissions behind for sporting applications. You pay young money, so as Scott said above, you should be able to get what you desire. No dispute there.

FF