Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Manual Vanquish??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 12:05 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Manual Vanquish??

Saw this on instagram with the hashtag: #newvanquish

Is it true??? It doesn't have the large aluminum shift **** of the DBS/V12V

#newvanquish

Old 03-09-2016, 12:35 PM
ali pontiac is on a distinguished road
i saw this pic from a buddy on Instagram, i think he work for AM Washington DC, he wrote a caption under the pic "shhhhhh" !!!

Old 03-10-2016, 06:20 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Could it be a Q project?
It looks like crap frankly. It's just the basic Vantage hardware slapped on the center console. I can't imagine Q would really do it that way.
I imagine that the mechanicals could be possible, but even on that I'm skeptical. The AM manuals are rear mounted, and I would guess that the ZF normally on a Vanquish is not. So would the chassis even have room or mounting accommodations for the manual?

Color me skeptical. I'm open to the possibility but very curious as to who and how.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:01 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
It's a photoshop. Look at the aluminum collar around the leather shifter boot. It doesn't have the same reflective sheen as other shiny parts and it looks "bent". It would make a lot of sense to make a 6-speed now that the DB11 is coming out with more HP and modern everything. Otherwise, who is spending 120K more on a Vanquish? I don't think that there is a logistical problem to a 6-apeed Vanquish. The issue will be the performance because of traction in a car with that set-up being so big.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:24 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Yeah, I thought it was P'shop too. The cocked angle and not centered alignment look bad. But the delete of the D,R,P,S buttons looks totally clean.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:24 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Yeah, I thought it was P'shop too. The cocked angle and not centered alignment look bad. But the delete of the D,R,P,S buttons looks totally clean.
Half good, half a$$ed

Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The ZF is in the back, just like the manual.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The ZF is in the back, just like the manual.
And so it is. I guessed wrong.

What do you think of what we're seeing in that image? Is it legit?

Old 03-11-2016, 07:53 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
No, it's a prank.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:36 PM
desert ice is on a distinguished road
I have doubt about the photo,however I personally did write to Q requesting there
Assistance to convert my 2013 vanquish to manual,they were very supportive and
Took my request seriously but later wrote back apologizing for not been able to
Support my request at the movement .
For comparison I requested same thing from Ferrari to convert my GTB 599,unfortunately
They even had the curtesy to reply to my request.
This experience was great lesson so I went and bought 6 speed manual DBS plus Rapide.
Let's face it when you are a car collector it's important to have a dedicated company
And honestly Aston Martin are on the top in that game