Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Who's going to Lime Rock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 10:02 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
If you're going up for Sat, better get there early, otherwise it may be over. Frankly, unless you are actually driving on the track, there's not much to see since Astons and some other group (Porsche?) alternate taking turns on the track. After 10 minutes watching them go roundy round, it gets pretty boring.

Honestly, Friday is the day to go to see all the cars displayed at the concours across the street from the Interlaken Inn (that runs from around 10 'ish till around 2 'ish.

Thanks for the head's up on this. Is there any other info on the event floating around? I may have to rethink my approach.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:13 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Thursday is the road tour, check in 9:30-10am, pit stop for lunch during the drive, return at 3pm. Dining on your own.

Friday is the concours, registration from 10am-noon, judging and picnic from 12:30-2pm. AMOC annual general meeting at 3pm, mandatory drivers chalk talk at 4:30pm. Cocktails and welcome banquet at 6:30pm.

Saturday is the track day at Lime Rock, required drivers meeting at 8:30am, practice at 10am, driving from noon to 5pm. Cocktails and awards banquet at 7pm.

If you haven't already registered for any given part of this, check before you show because some (or most? all?) of it is sold out.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:33 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by telum01
Thursday is the road tour, check in 9:30-10am, pit stop for lunch during the drive, return at 3pm. Dining on your own.

Friday is the concours, registration from 10am-noon, judging and picnic from 12:30-2pm. AMOC annual general meeting at 3pm, mandatory drivers chalk talk at 4:30pm. Cocktails and welcome banquet at 6:30pm.

Saturday is the track day at Lime Rock, required drivers meeting at 8:30am, practice at 10am, driving from noon to 5pm. Cocktails and awards banquet at 7pm.

If you haven't already registered for any given part of this, check before you show because some (or most? all?) of it is sold out.

It's sold out!!! Not sure whether I even wanted to do most of that stuff anyway. The road tour might have been nice, though.

Ok. I'm in for Friday!

Old 06-21-2016, 10:52 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm not sure what's at capacity and what's still open for more people, but it'd be worth checking if you're going

Old 06-21-2016, 11:00 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
It's sold out!!! Not sure whether I even wanted to do most of that stuff anyway. The road tour might have been nice, though.

Ok. I'm in for Friday!
You a member of AMOC? All of the above is only open to AMOC members, however that doesn't stop you from driving up to the Interlaken, parking in their lot, and then wandering across the road to the concours field. Just want to make sure that you realize you can't enter the concours w/o being a member. Also, even though it is runs till 2PM officially, a lot of people will already have left before then, so I wouldn't get there later than noon to be on the safe side.

At Limerock, they just wave you thru the gates and you can park in the pit area and then walk around looking at the Astons that are there for the track day, and then wander up to the timing tower and watch from there. But as said earlier, really rather boring from a spectator view.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You a member of AMOC? All of the above is only open to AMOC members, however that doesn't stop you from driving up to the Interlaken, parking in their lot, and then wandering across the road to the concours field. Just want to make sure that you realize you can't enter the concours w/o being a member. Also, even though it is runs till 2PM officially, a lot of people will already have left before then, so I wouldn't get there later than noon to be on the safe side.

At Limerock, they just wave you thru the gates and you can park in the pit area and then walk around looking at the Astons that are there for the track day, and then wander up to the timing tower and watch from there. But as said earlier, really rather boring from a spectator view.

Not a member, but I am clear on the restrictions. I'm signed up for lunch during the concours (spoke to Susan Laskey). Other than that, I'm not participating in the other events. I'll be getting there earlier as opposed to later.

Thanks!!

Old 06-21-2016, 02:23 PM
I've always found these to be great even as just social events. It'll be great to meet people and put some faces to names!

Old 06-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Just found out there's an 87 dB limit at Lime Rock?!
And we need to wear gloves?
And we have to change our brake fluid within 30 days prior to the track day?

What the actual f***???

I emailed Kathy and I'm hoping for good news because I've never seen these kinds of restrictions and requirements before.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Got clarification from Susan and Kathy:
Don't have to worry about the brake fluid but gloves are required (that's a silly requirement) and the noise limit is 86 dB.
Not knowing gloves is required is a massive pain because now I've got to add an extra hour to my 7-hour drive tomorrow to get some.
The noise limit, however, is a dealbreaker. I'll have to keep half throttle through much of the track to stay below that.
Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have signed up. But lesson learned. This will be my first and last time at Lime Rock.

Last edited by telum01; 06-22-2016 at 01:33 PM.