Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 09:12 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I wish it hadn't grown by 4 inches. Just because the 911 keeps getting fatter doesn't mean all it's competitors do too. I am now holding out hope that the new mid engine car becomes the sports car in the line up. Unfortunately it will probably be priced above the vantage.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:13 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sonies
god I can't stand shmee or the vehicle virgins guy I literally can watch 30 seconds or so before I X it out
I agree both of those two are unwatchable.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:34 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I think the car looks a lot better in colors other than that horrid lime green they used on the launch car, especially darker colors. The lines are smoothed out and the catfish mouth doesn't stand out as bad. The red car in the schmee video with the dark wheels looks decent enough. I think the interior looks good. The waterfall in the current cars is way to busy with buttons. They needed to do something better with the LCD screen, though. Looks like my wife's GLA where they just stuck a screen on the dash.

What I don't get is an automatic transmission instead of a DCT. That doesn't make sense if this is supposed to be a driver's car. I'm curious if that transmission will remain on the race car.

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is the weight. Supposedly in the 3300 lb range. I'd like to know how they shaved 300-400 lbs from the current gen car. That alone will make the car feel more lively. I love my car, but if it weighed a couple hundred pounds less that would make it all the more awesome.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by davidm17
I think the car looks a lot better in colors other than that horrid lime green they used on the launch car, especially darker colors. The lines are smoothed out and the catfish mouth doesn't stand out as bad. The red car in the schmee video with the dark wheels looks decent enough. I think the interior looks good. The waterfall in the current cars is way to busy with buttons. They needed to do something better with the LCD screen, though. Looks like my wife's GLA where they just stuck a screen on the dash.

What I don't get is an automatic transmission instead of a DCT. That doesn't make sense if this is supposed to be a driver's car. I'm curious if that transmission will remain on the race car.

One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned is the weight. Supposedly in the 3300 lb range. I'd like to know how they shaved 300-400 lbs from the current gen car. That alone will make the car feel more lively. I love my car, but if it weighed a couple hundred pounds less that would make it all the more awesome.
The weight quoted is dry, no fluids. The final weight is predicted to be about the same as the current car.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:01 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
The $150K is no options - I was told the typical would be $180K - that's $60K more than a V12S with low miles and likely still under warranty, can extend the warranty to be the same as a new 2018 Vantage still be $50K less, with carbon brakes, possibly the B&O Stereo upgrade, electronic shock setting like the new Vantage - a whole lot more impressive engine bay - an engine that sounds $100K better with more HP but slightly less torque, and an involving automated manual that's much better than the V8 ASM and certainly more involving than the 8 speed automatic. Will the exterior grow on us... possibly - especially when aftermarket or Aston comes up with alternate front fascia as they have in the past, or AMR possibly offer upgrades, but the interior is wayyy butt ugly - hideous. Watching CARS.com, last week there were 33 V12S's available - today 29 - that's a 10% drop since the introduction of the new Vantage. I'll bet in a few weeks that number will drop. Not tracking V8's, but interested in seeing the value of my V12S in the future. All I can say, especially with that terrible interior, the DB11 is looking better and better - but I'm stopping at the V12S.
Yes but your argument doesnt hold up as the v12 is in a 11 year old body. You want the newest tech, you gotta pay the big $$$ esp with a complete refresh. You can compare a used car to a new body style. From a economic standpoint the used will always win.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sonies
god I can't stand shmee or the vehicle virgins guy I literally can watch 30 seconds or so before I X it out
pretty sad state of affairs when doug demuro is the LEAST annoying amateur car tuber

looking forward to watching Chris Harris romp it around a track a few times though
LOL. I was just thinking the same thing when I saw the link to a shmeebly video. The guy is so annoying. I cant watch anything with him talking.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:09 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blue2000s
The weight quoted is dry, no fluids. The final weight is predicted to be about the same as the current car.
I figured that was dry, but I still can't see 300+ lbs in fluids. Maybe 100. How come none of these people that have done a review have put the damn car on a set of scales? I've got a set of scales in my garage and I don't own a shop. Could verify the weight distribution and see the corner weights as well. Unless Aston wouldn't let them, somebody should have been able to come up with a set.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by davidm17
I figured that was dry, but I still can't see 300+ lbs in fluids. Maybe 100. How come none of these people that have done a review have put the damn car on a set of scales? I've got a set of scales in my garage and I don't own a shop. Could verify the weight distribution and see the corner weights as well. Unless Aston wouldn't let them, somebody should have been able to come up with a set.
http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...ge-first-look/

"Weights should be similar as well; while Aston has only published a claimed dry weight of 3,373 lb for the Vantage, its curb weight should be close to the 911 Turbo’s 3,500 lb."

Old 11-29-2017, 04:25 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by goto35
Yes but your argument doesnt hold up as the v12 is in a 11 year old body. You want the newest tech, you gotta pay the big $$$ esp with a complete refresh. You can compare a used car to a new body style. From a economic standpoint the used will always win.
The V12 folks have been consistently wrong on price leveling starting with the "last manual" on the original V12 which saw +$70k MSRP discounts in 2015, to the V12S, to the V12S-7spd. All have continued to depreciate with new doglegs still at dealers. There are very few AM buyers compared to Ferrari which is why those manual prices command $100k premiums over F1s.

Dealer lots will be full of used Vantages over the next year as owners trade up and this will contribute to additional price compression.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:32 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yankee04
The V12 folks have been consistently wrong on price leveling starting with the "last manual" on the original V12 which saw +$70k MSRP discounts in 2015, to the V12S, to the V12S-7spd. All have continued to depreciate with new doglegs still at dealers. There are very few AM buyers compared to Ferrari which is why those manual prices command $100k premiums over F1s.

Dealer lots will be full of used Vantages over the next year as owners trade up and this will contribute to additional price compression.
I think you meant "2011" instead of "2015" in your post?

I really don't think 2011/2012 V12VM are depreciating that much. Those 2011/2012 V12VM btw, quite hard to find tbh. Especially the 2012 V12VM Matt Black. I am still in awe of these model years.

However it does seem that the 2015 V12S are around the same price as 2011/2012 V12VM even though the former has updated bits and more hp.

Are there more 2015 V12S than 2011/12 V12VM produced? Maybe that can help normalized the numbers.

I am willing to speculate 10 years down the road, a 2012 V12VM shows up in the showroom, there's no way the dealer will sell it for sub-$100k. It's still a rare bird by all means.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:23 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
A good friend sold his 2011 V12V Carbon Edition a few months ago with a little over 10,000 miles for $150k. It was on it's 3rd set of rear tires LOL

Old 11-30-2017, 06:10 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by V12Vin
I think you meant "2011" instead of "2015" in your post?

I really don't think 2011/2012 V12VM are depreciating that much. Those 2011/2012 V12VM btw, quite hard to find tbh. Especially the 2012 V12VM Matt Black. I am still in awe of these model years.

However it does seem that the 2015 V12S are around the same price as 2011/2012 V12VM even though the former has updated bits and more hp.

Are there more 2015 V12S than 2011/12 V12VM produced? Maybe that can help normalized the numbers.

I am willing to speculate 10 years down the road, a 2012 V12VM shows up in the showroom, there's no way the dealer will sell it for sub-$100k. It's still a rare bird by all means.

Nope - I was talking about the '15 MY. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ages-150k.html

Local dealer has 2x one owner '15s with < 2k. Asking ~$125k. Both cars have been sitting for around 6 months. I reckon these will be worth closer to $100k by springtime when the new V8 roles in.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:21 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ozzir
LOL. I was just thinking the same thing when I saw the link to a shmeebly video. The guy is so annoying. I cant watch anything with him talking.
I just can't understand how that annoying tosser has a million subscribers, it blows my mind!

Old 11-30-2017, 11:02 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I agree the V12VS cars will continue to depreciate because of the SS3 trans. There wasn't much of a market for them new and they certainly won't have much of a market going forward. The 11 and 12 V12 manuals have settled in the $125 range and will go up down the road. How much is yet to be determined. The only way you will see one in the $100K range is if it has problems or very high miles.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:44 PM
Danno62 will become famous soon enough
I find it interesting how the topic went from the new Vantage, looks, likes/dislikes to the pricing of cars!

In my opinion, had AM come out prior to the launch and prefaced it saying they were basing and building a road/race car, it may have gone a bit smoother. The GTE video gave me some insight and understanding of what and why the car is now. I also have to agree, the photoshop photo from the Pistonheads side was not only very well done, but showed what AM could have/should have done for the majority of the Vantage fans out there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.