Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 03:56 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spinecho
Really? Do we hate a turd because it is different? No, we hate it because it is sh@te.
Well I see your point. It's not that bad. I just visited a local dealer and saw the car in person. Sat in it. Fondled every switch and trim. I love the styling and this is coming from someone who just scored a dogleg.

I have come to realized that if I loathe a new design/product, then perhaps I am no longer the target demographic for that product. Then it is what it is. We all want AM to be successful and I reckon this is in the right direction.

At the very least, we both agree that this new vantage generated enough engagement, whether positive or negative.

Originally Posted by Mathman85
I think everybody hoping for an NA V12 is going to be hugely disappointed.
I reckon if Andy Palmer is sharp enough (I know he is), he just might. Check out the new 718 GT4. It's NA despite the variants are all 4-banger turbo.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:45 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
I am actually quite impressed (very) by it. I was fearful and expecting much much worse after the orphan styling of the DB11.
Well done Aston! I just might buy one!

edit: I may want to change that front bumper first. Rest of it is pretty awesome though!

Last edited by FatFrank; 11-22-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
It starting to grow on me. I like it more and more. It's just very different then what we used to.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:23 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I asked my sales rep how many they took on order - zero so far.
They took a no deposit required letter of intent during the private showing. You would have a spot for build and upload the spec but no money needed until they actually built a car and you can cancel anytime.

I guess if they want to count that as being sold than it works for them. But Tesla gets more crap for their numbers of model 3 reservations and that actually required a little cash

Last edited by smdzucladoc; 11-22-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:35 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Originally Posted by sonies
younger people seem to like the car quite a bit if evidenced by youtube comments and online places like jalopnik and reddit
Being a younger person I'd just like to say not all of us like it...I really wanted to like the new vantage and it's so close but to me the headlights don't compliment the aggressive design. I'm pretty picky about how a car looks and find most modern cars miss the mark but I've gotten the same response, without even asking, from friends as well. I'm hopeful a facelift in a few years will take care of it because other than that and a couple interior nitpicks the car is really attractive.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
Its like the loss of a loved one.
We like to remember them as they were!!

Old 11-22-2017, 09:44 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's amazing how much better the front looks with the VANTAGE plate. It may be the first Aston that looks better with a front license plate than without!

I remember the very bland DB11 opinions here, but I can say they look to be selling well. Picking up my car today there were 5 that had just come in that were special orders. I believe they're selling very well, for a chicks car

I have no doubt they're going to sell V8V's, or that we will see some options for the front, even throwing in a grill insert like a Lexus LC500 would do a lot to change the look, but it has lost a lot of that pure beauty and replaced it with the wolf.

About "Sold out". And this goes for every single car manufacturer, and most every other commodity.

When they say sold out, they mean the dealers have bought up all available production [or planned] capacity. It doesn't mean a single person has actually written a check, although I'm positive many have, it means the dealers have ordered inventory and between inventory and special orders, capacity has been reached. There will be new V8V's sitting in dealer showrooms in 6 months. At least I hope so, I would like to see one in person.

But damn, I love my car!

Bought that new set of V12 rims and tires that were on ebay tonight, an hour after I put a lonnng curb rash in the right front, the only mark I've put on a rim, and the only rim that had zero issues [from previous drivers]. I've been so good at staying away from curbs!

Old 11-23-2017, 04:13 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I have an 07 manual and enjoy it for what it is and I'm really beginning to like the new Vantage. Things change and I think they did a very good job of keeping a similar profile to the previous design while creating a car that can stay relevant for the next 10 years.

Hopefully their focus group studies have them going after the right segment which seems to be more sports car oriented.

Oh and the GTE version is fab

Old 11-23-2017, 08:09 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
The folks at AM must be congratulated on their bold change in the direction of the Vantage.
While it doesn't appeal to me, Aston is clearly aiming at a new generation of buyers.
We all wish them well.

Last edited by larryg; 11-23-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Just walked past my roadster in my garage, so happy

Old 11-23-2017, 01:39 PM
kaliturbo is on a distinguished road
I guess I'm the minority here, but I actually love the new Vantage. The front looks kind of like a Miata somewhat. The rear looks like a Fiskar Emotion. The interior looks very posh.
Will definitely pick up a used one in a few years to replace my 2006 daily driven Vantage, especially if it has a manual!

Old 11-23-2017, 05:38 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I saw the new Vantage twice in person. Certainly new and different styling direction. Sounds great. I like it better today than before. So it may grow on you. Has for me.

Seems 2018 deliveries are nearly sold out.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...arly-sold-out/

Last edited by mto; 11-23-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:43 AM
air993 is an unknown quantity at this point
The new design is definitely growing on me. Each time I look at it I like it more. At first I was glad to have my old 2006, but the more I see this new car the more I want it. I just wonder how similar it will feel to the AMG GT.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:55 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I like it. The only complaint I have is 20" wheels look big in the pics but I'm sure in person it will look good. I'll probably get one when a special edition comes out.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:47 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Some more of the sound (starting at 12:07ish). Not a bad sound at idle, actually.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.