Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 11:03 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Come on guys, the car is NOT bad. Also, the front end of the GTE looks insane!

With that being said, there's the option to switch to a GTE front end. Such a mod won't be a first.

My problem is the turbo charged engine. I've never been a big fan of them, but I guess they are the future.

For now, I'll spend the next few months on the configurator making sure I get my colors and configuration right for when the manual becomes available!

First choice in color, Ultramarine Black! Also, every carbon fiber option available!

Last edited by terminal_ac; 11-24-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:57 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
It may be how we perceive. (Us older blokes) The vantage was the penultimate expression of the design exercise begun with the Vanquish (2000?). It seemed original, distancing itself from all other offerings at the time and created a definable difference that is present to this day, even in the new Vantage. The disappointment manifests from, perhaps, the near impossible task of replicating a new original as there will not be a moment in time quite the same as when those cars were introduced.

Old 11-24-2017, 01:53 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Yes, there may be a component of nostalgia, I won't deny it. When the VH-Gaydon Astons were released, I was just getting to the point where I could afford a car in this segment, and I'd always had a soft spot for the marque.

Or maybe the disappointment is just because the new one is ugly...

In all fairness, the more I look at the new car, the more I see it as the spiritual successor of the 90's Vantage, which was quite a brutish car, certainly not what I would call elegant. I still like that car, especially in V600 form, so who knows if this new one will grow on me.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:15 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I remember the very bland DB11 opinions here, but I can say they look to be selling well. I believe they're selling very well, for a chicks car

once again. Is it 2018 yet?

Old 11-24-2017, 07:40 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Come on guys, the car is NOT bad. Also, the front end of the GTE looks insane!

Absolutely, it's got some beautiful lines, and the GTE front end looks so much better, because it fills in some of that huge open grill.

The DB11 was a chicks car, the Vantage is a mans car, unfortunately, just a little too racer boy for me. There was a time when I was younger that would have shot my load, but today I veer toward restraint. And there is nothing restrained about the new V8V. It is in your face from the huge grill to the 4" deep diffuser surround.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:21 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Don't know how many on here follow other forums but this rendering caught my eye, looks a lot better to me. Maybe something like this will be in the works for an updated look.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:24 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Anything that breaks up the acreage of that grill will make the car look better, to my eyes. If it had slats it would probably be beautiful, I'd still have to get used to that 3" deep carbon surround though.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:54 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sierraV12V
Don't know how many on here follow other forums but this rendering caught my eye, looks a lot better to me. Maybe something like this will be in the works for an updated look.

thats awesome, looks like the vanquish zagato a little bit

Last edited by sonies; 11-25-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Maybe Stewart can come with with some cool alternatives and make some $$$

Old 11-25-2017, 03:46 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sierraV12V

Maybe taste of Vantage S.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I think what a LOT of ppl keep forgetting is this new Vantage "Look"..is really just the base model appearance, just like the old initial Vantage that launched in the day...it's not a N400/N420/N430/Carbon/S/GT/V12/V12S version..it's just the base entry and options available like bits of trim. Now looking back to the 05/06 Vantage V8 Launch look and compare with this new Vantage Launch look, I think this new Vantage kills it!!

I do agree the front grill is missing something and has many options for an improved design..but then what would be available for an S variant if ***** to the wall was done with the launch car design? Also to note, none of these concept cars have the wonderful front number plate plinth that 70% will have, so that empty void will be filled with a piece of government metal

Old 11-26-2017, 03:38 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Back in 2005 when the old Vantage was introduce it was love at first sight, I didn't have to look at it over and over again until I could tell my self that I like it. The only thing I wasn't too happy with it was the initial seat which were replaced at the end of 2006 production year. I get what you are saying, new front bumper, grill and so on could make a big difference to the way the front look but there is very little they can do to those headlights. I am just glad that I was able to purchase the car of my dream before it was too late.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nickplee
1) Nicest F-Type ever
2) ZF 8-speed auto? Wat?
3) Total butterface. Do not want.

1)When the F-Type was released, it was thought by many that it was very similar to the old Vantage exterior styling.
Now that this new Vantage is out, I do see many referring to styling lines on the F-Type. So does the F-Type look like the old Vantage or does the New Vantage look like the F-Type..?
2)Yep, because 99.99999999999% of salesman still don't understand that a ASM isn't an "Automatic". So, delete the confusion and make it the best of both worlds. They could of planted in a DSG, and I'm sure the maintenance costs when off warranty when the mechtronics went faulty would of been wonderful. With the 8-speed, it's not any heavier than a DSG and it can be calibrated to feel exactly the same, it also brings the cost down due to common parts..it's amazing how many ppl think the Jaguar F-Type SVR is a DSG..
3)Sure, I'll take one if it seats 3 kids..otherwise my S4 will do just fine

Old 11-26-2017, 05:45 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
You can hear it here and see it on the move with Daniel Ricciardo, there is also front and back license plate

Old 11-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
One other thing that annoys the **** out of me: I make fun of the Mercedes that have the grill badge AND the hood ornament. If you can see one, you can see the other. So why, oh why, does the Vantage have "ASTON MARTIN" under the Aston Martin badge? The badge has the name.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.