Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 12:55 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Would I trade in my 2016 Vantage GT on one if I had the cash?
Ron
God I hope not - I would not trade it ever - that thing was a classic the day it left the factory. You'll have to "add to" not "trade for"

chr

Old 11-22-2017, 12:58 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deckman
If this car appeals to you, well might well go ahead and save some money and get the F-Type. Same thing pretty much
Uhhh.. no way.

From where I'm sitting, the F-Type is a damn sight more attractive. It's got a couple of other things going for it, too: supercharged, not turbocharged V8 which sounds like a V8 should (not like a giant fart), and substantially cheaper (even when fully optioned as an SVR).

Old 11-22-2017, 01:06 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spinecho
Uhhh.. no way.

From where I'm sitting, the F-Type is a damn sight more attractive. It's got a couple of other things going for it, too: supercharged, not turbocharged V8 which sounds like a V8 should (not like a giant fart), and substantially cheaper (even when fully optioned as an SVR).
True story

Old 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
I just thought this was such a nice evolution. Somehow I got it my head they were headed more in this direction. Easily distinguishable from the 11.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:13 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by V12Vin
The hating part really is a fear of change.
Really? Do we hate a turd because it is different? No, we hate it because it is sh@te.

The ONE hurdle I need to overcome is the turbo engine and its underwhelming exhaust note.
This is just a change, so it's OK, see?

Old 11-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I think everybody hoping for an NA V12 is going to be hugely disappointed. With fuel economy requirements becoming more strict, large-displacement NA engines are going to disappear. Turbos allow you to make more power with better efficiency, and that's what companies need to do to avoid huge tax penalties. It'll almost certainly get the DB11's 5.2L Twin Turbo V12... but not an NA one.

And I'm all for turbos... not kidding, I love them. My 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo put down 470rwhp (~550bhp) on a 3.0L engine, with 93 octane pump gas. My 240Z's 2.8L Turbo will make about 300rwhp (I'm not shooting for huge numbers like I did when I was younger lol). And the prospect of buying a future Vantage and being able to tune another 200hp into it with very little effort makes me excited. But they do make getting a good exhaust sound a little more difficult. I hope Aston Martin figures it out (Ferrari sure did)... but I'm not going to judge the sound through video recordings played back on laptop speakers (even if my Vantage sounds phenomenal despite that arrangement).

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
[...] or the McClaren 570GT by then can be had used at a reasonable price.
I thought it was a typo the first time you did it, but: McLaren*

Old 11-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
The hating part really is a fear of change. This happens with every marquee on every forum. The online community is still a small percentage. We like to think we are the majority of the AM owners but we are not.
Perhaps to your point: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...its-first-year

Aston Martin's New $150,000 Vantage Has Sold Out Its First Year

Old 11-22-2017, 01:57 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I wouldn't buy a launch year one anyway...

The 2nd year one is supposed to have a manual transmission!

Old 11-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Vantages sold out

I asked my sales rep how many they took on order - zero so far.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:35 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I asked my sales rep how many they took on order - zero so far.
Also, they are only making a handful the first year

Old 11-22-2017, 03:06 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
I suspect that most of us (who are owners) bought an Aston because of the things the new Vantage is not: traditionally beautiful, tasteful, purposeful yet restrained, etc. It's the notion of a spy in a tuxedo. Unfortunately, fewer than 4,000 people a year on average were sufficiently motivated by those attributes to buy a new Aston Martin.
Perhaps the current thinking is that there is a bigger market for those who love the Lamborghini/Ferrari vibe, so Aston is trying to split the distance between its last-generation design language and the twitchier competition?

Old 11-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
No third pedal .........next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Here's the main man unveiling the car:

Old 11-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Old 11-22-2017, 03:49 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.