Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I sat in a McClaren 570GT at the Aston Dealer all in black - too $$$ for me but if I had the dollars I'd take the McClaren in a second over the Aston now, and I really hate saying that.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:24 PM
ohTHATeric is on a distinguished road
I remember stumbling upon a Vantage around 2006. I didn't know much about the car or the brand at that time but even from a distance I instantaneously thought, "Wow, that must be an Aston Martin." The car's design unmistakably evolved and enunciated the brand's heritage from just about every angle.

If I was to see the new Vantage on the street, I wouldn't necessarily know it was an Aston at first glance. That's a problem.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:48 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
first impressions matter.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
I can't get past the front grill. To me it does not reflect what an Aston is all about...beauty, soul, performance. To me it has some beauty but no soul. Sounds like they have made a good step forward in performance...... but that is not the reason most select an Aston.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:16 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PK_Vantage
I think Aston Martin deserves a round of applause for trying to do something different and rather than sticking to what they've been doing for the past decades. As they'd promised, Aston Martin tries to give us different cars in their lineup or at least tries to make some distinctions among their product lines. Look at the current Vantage, DB9 and Vanquish. Sometimes even us AM enthusiasts would have a hard time telling one apart from another. AM is doing a commendable job trying to differentiate Vantage being the "sporty" and "race-track oriented" one from DB11 which is poised to be a more "luxury oriented" and "elegant" GT.

I think we should give this new Vantage some time to grow on us.

Totally agree with this all. After going to the AM configurator for the new Vantage, I can see a more classic looking Aston available should you spec it as one.

The new air management makes sense to take some styling cues from Ferrari F12? I see both brands have common thinking on that part of the engineering.

AM is delivering a lot of car if you consider the quality materials they use compared to any of German or Italian marques could deliver for the same price as the new Vantage. Just put it as that. This is a new design era for Aston. Not gilding the lily which has worked for the last decade or so.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:19 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redpants

Someone on PH posted a photoshop they found. It's just the DB11 front grafted onto the new Vantage, but it's soooo much better than the Vantage's costume mustache.

I prefer the slats over the mesh. I bet that will be option at some point.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Like most here, I spent a good deal of time today perusing photos, videos and reactions from various sources. The new Vantage represents a technical leap for sure and a bold move by AM. But at the end of the day I felt compelled to go out and wash my 2014 Vantage 6-spd, take a step back, and give thanks.

Old 11-21-2017, 03:37 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
The good thing is that they can revise the front bumper with something more traditional like above... I like that look and maybe a quad exhaust to fill that space...

Old 11-21-2017, 03:55 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
All this commotion and upheaval made me feel like reliving the saga that Porsche had gone trough back when they introduced the 996 to replace the much loved 993 at the end of its air-cooled era.
At the end, people move on and look at where Porsche is at with their beloved 911 program today.

Kudos to Aston Martin for having the ***** to go radical on this new Vantage. It takes courage to venture onto a path not taken before. It's also so much easier to rest on one's laurels and keep working the proven method.
The above pshop from PH is pretty good looking but it made this Vantage simply a junior DB11. And that's exactly what Aston Martin is set out NOT to do with these new generation of cars.

Last edited by PK_Vantage; 11-21-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:06 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Indeed - look where they are at. The 997 and 991 look far more like the 993 and its forebears than the fried eggs on a soap bar 996.

Watch how the new Vantage slowly starts to morph back to something resembling an Aston over the next few years. As predicted above, I'll bet the slatted grille will make a reappearance at some point.

In the meantime, in case you are worried that onlookers will no longer recognize the marque at first sight, corporate has kindly slapped their name in big chrome letters on the car's ****, obviously taking a lesson from too many "what was that?" moments with the DB11.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy smokes the elegance of the brand is completely gone.

The DB11 isn't good, but at least looks "ok" in person. Although it shouldn't be just ok?

This Vantage is hideous up front. Absolutely terrible execution. Rear and sides have great sculpting, even if slightly modernized.

No on the interior.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:34 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spinecho

In the meantime, in case you are worried that onlookers will no longer recognize the marque at first sight, corporate has kindly slapped their name in big chrome letters on the car's ****, obviously taking a lesson from too many "what was that?" moments with the DB11.
Yup. BTW there is no factory option to debadge those chrome letters unlike previously when you can have them leave out the model name.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:41 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
the biggest fail is the wet sump IMO
I actually like just about everything else about it

Old 11-21-2017, 06:14 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
How can it be?

chr

Old 11-21-2017, 06:35 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Our generation One Vantages have just seen a substantial increase in value.
IMO, an extremely unattractive car.
Happy holidays

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.