NEW Vantage Unveiled - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Old 11-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mathman85 View Post

As for the exhaust tips... I can understand why current owners would be bothered by them being unfinished, but it does look more race-y with them unfinished. Some of the most extreme supercars that show up to my local Supercar Saturdays (specifically, Lamborghinis and R8s, which seem to get modded more than others) have unfinished titanium exhaust tips, and I think it works well, if extreme is what you're going for.
My issue with it is that the exhaust tips are proportionally way too small compared to the giant rear sections they stick out of.

Big field of black, itty-bitty exhaust tips:

Compared to these much more suitable tips:

[email protected]
Old 11-21-2017, 10:25 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Also the exhaust sound is meh to me. It does not sound like the AMGs but I think the NA v8 sounds better. Worst is when you leg go off the throttle it has a terrible to me snap/crackle, probably dumping fuel on purpose like the new Porsches.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:34 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
2018 Vantage = 95% DB10?

Isn't this just 95% of the movie prop DB10 with a switch to mesh grill with protruding 'lip' work a-la Vulcan? Slightly rounded headlights. minor tweak to hood lines.. and taller traffic legal side mirrors?

She is nice on the inside and I bet has a great personality!

Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2017, 10:39 AM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
With some cars it's an extra-cost option. But the new Vantage is an entomologist's dream!

Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 AM
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
I rather like it, but would have to see it in person to judge just like our vantages they probably don't photograph well and look taller than they are in photographs... also they should have launched it with a manual option, but good to see they didn't use that ASM box that everyone loved to hate.

I think a quad exhaust on the rear would look pretty good and fill out that space more, easy mod...

and I think this is a similar but different competition to the 911 turbo which starts at $160k, this vantage starts at $150k I have to laugh to the guy that says the 570s is a direct competitor to this... yeah... no thats easily 50k more

better learn to love the ol' catfish!

Last edited by sonies; 11-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Mathman85 is a jewel in the roughMathman85 is a jewel in the roughMathman85 is a jewel in the roughMathman85 is a jewel in the rough
His point is that, once you start adding options, you're in McLaren 570 territory.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:34 AM
FR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
My issue with it is that the exhaust tips are proportionally way too small compared to the giant rear sections they stick out of.

Big field of black, itty-bitty exhaust tips:

I agree. While I actually really like the new rear end, the exhaust section just looks like they ran out of time to complete. It's going to need something more aggressive to fit in with the rest of the car and "fill the gap." Instead of dual tips, perhaps an angled tip similar to the GT2?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:35 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Will there be a brightwork version of the trim?

I'd like to see one with natural leather color theme and what else they can besides the CF trim. There must be some more elegant spec'd models than what is shown so far?

Last edited by brightoncorgi; 11-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:39 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
What historically made Aston Martins stand out from the competition?

Performance? Nope.
Handling? Nope.
Racing pedigree? Nope.
Price? Nope.
Beautiful Looks? Bingo!

Oh dear...

Old 11-21-2017, 11:47 AM
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi View Post
Will there be a brightwork version of the trim?

I'd like to see one with natural leather color theme and what else they can besides the CF trim. There must be some more elegant spec'd models than what is shown so far?
spec your own, brother!
there's some pretty cool Q colors as well
https://configurator.astonmartin.com...DAIBAIFAgCCYBA

theres one i did real fast

Last edited by sonies; 11-21-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
ugh, def don't love it. rear valance is cool but as rich has pointed out, the tips are too small, or should be quad tipped at least. like the overall lines of the car, but absolutely hate the headlights, they look like they came off the new miata. interior is also pretty spot on.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:54 AM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spinecho View Post
What historically made Aston Martins stand out from the competition?

Performance? Nope.
Handling? Nope.
Racing pedigree? Nope.
Price? Nope.
Beautiful Looks? Bingo!

Oh dear...
Exactly this. Lotus will out handle it, Porsche Turbo will out accelerate, McLaren will out-do-both, and then you get into the "bargain" performance cars that will out do it on the stat sheet a la Nissan GTR... but what has Aston always traded on, and the reason all of us have one? 'Cause it was always the sexiest one... As Spinecho states, Oh dear.

I'm hoping it will grow on me as I'd not intended my 2014 Vantage S to be my last Aston, but unlike say the last Vanquish reveal, this one did not tug at the heart strings at first sight.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Prefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to behold
In the pre-reveal, my wife wanted to leave immediately, I sat in it and hated the look and feel of the interior - lost 110% of the elegance which is what Aston was all about.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:10 PM
hawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura about
With a new car, a new name? Are they dropping the "V8/V12" portion of the name? With all the negative feedback, they should have named it something else so the old and the new can't be mixed up.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:11 PM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
The front grill looks crude in each of its optional colors. At least in the configurator.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.