Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Old 11-21-2017, 07:22 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
The front doesn't do it for me either...I think it's the headlights that throw me off most. A future facelift could really improve things. I'm happy with the side and rear. Two complaints about the interior, no way I'd have a square nav screen on the dash and it looks like the gauge cluster is the same as the DB11 (all digital, no dials) which I'm not a fan of but I haven't been able to find a direct pic of it.

I'll give the designers this, they had a hard job trying to out do the previous Vantage, overall they did a pretty good job but they just missed it in a few places...I'll wait and see how the design evolves over the next few years, fingers crossed it will improve.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:23 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I am sure not everyone sold their DB4,5,6 when the DB7 came out!

Haha no offense DB7... still a nice car, just a big departure.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:54 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mkzhang
The front looks a bit like the new miata
totally agree! looks like a mazda! i like the new look but the head lights not nive plus i don't like the ipad screen. I want a manual! no i pad not extra just naked! and let her rip.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
I had a feeling that AM would not let the DB10 front end design go unused. The car will look better with the normal grill slats. Having said that I bet Red Pants will have a slated grill shortly.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
Yup, I think it looks great except that front grill, and the protruding trim around it to really make it stand out as ugly. It may be one of the few cars that looks better with a front license plate.

Seems like a perfect after-market opportunity because it seems like you could fix that front end in a way that could easily be returned to stock for sale, if need be.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:45 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road

Old 11-21-2017, 11:29 PM
troyboy1 is on a distinguished road
I think the front end stinks..... And whats up with the dinky headlights? Not happy.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Redpants
I have to agree with this.

Take the current Vanquish, for example. At first, I couldn't get past the neckbeard-like front splitter. Eventually I got used to it and I started to like it. But then a couple months ago I saw a Vanquish sitting next to a late DB9 (DB9.2 or facelifted DB9, or whatever you want to call it). Both were white and parked side by side. The DB9 was just such a better-looking car.

Looking at the new Vantage, that's what I keep going back to - that even if the front end grows on me, it still won't look as good as it used to look with the previous design.

Someone on PH posted a photoshop they found. It's just the DB11 front grafted onto the new Vantage, but it's soooo much better than the Vantage's costume mustache.

Same for me, that front end is a dealbreaker.
If they don't start offering some alternatives with the front end you can be sure the aftermarket will. That DB11 nose looks great and there are a lot of angles the car looks beautiful and menacing. I'll have to see one in person, but, I so love my car. I wish it had 500HP, then if it did I'd wish it had 600 anyway!

Old 11-22-2017, 03:27 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
As the owner of a 15' R8, I initially found the 2nd generation R8 some what of a disappointment. Over time however I have become a fan of the new design. Perhaps time will tell with this new rendition of the Vantage. Elegance to "boy racer" doesn't do it for me however.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:47 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Big design miss here.... Not a fan and would not take one if someone offered me a 2019 fully loaded Vantage for an even swap with my 2012 V8VS - I am sure it performs better but that is not why I bought an Aston Martin. I wanted the Aston for the beauty, sound and the class. In my opinion, the new model does not present any of these items. Aston Martin had that niche... - Not sure what will attract anyone to this version other than the name - I believe they will see sales drop and a new front and rear design will be in order - Sorry Aston Martin

Last edited by Montana107; 11-22-2017 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:44 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The base price starts at $150K, that's about 25K more than the old one, 50K more than the Vantage GT - optioned out I'd bet your closer to $180+K which you can probably negotiate a V12S for which is a far better car. Yes a bit more power and electronic suspension, but sitting low with a tall window line will get it feeling more like the F-Type or my son's Camaro, something I really don't like - feels like your sitting in a tub. I had a 2009 CTS-V which was a tremendous car for the money and nice looking. The new CTS looks super-fly'd odd and ugly which reflects in Cadillac's struggle to sell these cars (and the ATS). Aston's gone the same route. Current leadership from Nissan might have the influence - Nissan's are just ugly, and you can see some of the design elements in the DB11 and somewhat when roof is colored differently in the new Vantage. My warranty is good till mid 2019 on my V12S, so for the time being its a keeper, after that I'll either extend another 2 years or trade for something other than an Aston - depending if someone comes up with something cool, or the McClaren 570GT by then can be had used at a reasonable price.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:20 AM
baege is on a distinguished road
I was highly anticipating this car. While I Don’t hate the design it does not provoke the must have feelings I had for the last gen. I lusted after vantage’s from the first time I saw one. that has not happened here. The new model with its turbo lag and sound is not worth double the price of a cpo f type r which offers decent looks and immense immediate non turbo power and sound...

Old 11-22-2017, 06:34 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Biggest take away for me is the car looks less handmade (good or bad) than the previous generation.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
First impression--disappointed/sad.
As an oldtimer who got his first Aston (2008 Vantage Roadster) for his 65th birthday.
I always thought that the most beautiful Aston was the DB4GT Zagato.
Im sure that back then it was also considered to be wild.
Time will tell if this model hits the spot in the future--but for now count me out (love my 2008 Roadster!)

Old 11-22-2017, 07:30 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
This is horrible. For a car company that designed what has arguably been called one of the most beautiful cars in the world, they screwed this up royally.
Aston should have looked at how Ford handled the redesign on the current Mustang. Unlike Aston, they managed to keep the key design elements of the old car intact, while improving and modernizing the design.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.