V8V tuning - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by: Bamford Rose

V8V tuning

Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 PM

lilseevs is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V tuning

All,

I am already aware of the preset tuning options for our cars, however coming from a background where most of my cars have either been tuned remotely or by some sort of DIY options - I was wondering if there was anything similiar for our V8Vs?

Iím really digging the popping/burbling you can hear on the new 2018 V8V and some of the Jag Ftypes, would love to be able to get something similiar

On my BMW, that is tuned in by what Iím assuming is excess fuel burnoff to give it that sound and Im able to even extend the length of time that occurs from 1-4sec

Iíve also just jnstalled the VelocityAP Gt4 exhaust and would like to squeeze out a bit more power and sound out of he base oem mapping

Interested in the routes/options availaable to me and othersí experiences!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 PM

AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
purchase the Fabspeed secondary cat replacement X pipe... then decide if you need the tune. This is my car:
Old 01-13-2018, 12:35 PM

Dalecannavan has a spectacular aura aboutDalecannavan has a spectacular aura about
The velocityAP tune gives a lot of pops and cracks on the overrun. It was actually too much for me and they did another tune without the pops.
I would say go with this them. It’s a proven tune and FANTASTIC service.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:55 PM

DetomasoGTS74 is a glorious beacon of lightDetomasoGTS74 is a glorious beacon of lightDetomasoGTS74 is a glorious beacon of lightDetomasoGTS74 is a glorious beacon of lightDetomasoGTS74 is a glorious beacon of lightDetomasoGTS74 is a glorious beacon of light
Simple and most cost effective way to get there is with Velocity AP 200 cell cars and their tune.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:16 PM

lilseevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER View Post
purchase the Fabspeed secondary cat replacement X pipe... then decide if you need the tune. This is my car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aNr4iPxqzkM
This is actually quieter than my current setup and Iím not really hearing the crackling Iím searching for. Love your color combo - very elegant & ďBritish,Ē beautiful car my man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan View Post
The velocityAP tune gives a lot of pops and cracks on the overrun. It was actually too much for me and they did another tune without the pops.
I would say go with this them. Itís a proven tune and FANTASTIC service.
Tried searching for a video of the tune on youtube and could not really find one that singled out the tune or upshift/downshifting to hear the sound Iím looking forHopefully Stuart finds this thread and can post up a couple of videos. He was amazing when I was installing my exhaust, very quick to respond
Old 01-13-2018, 02:02 PM

spyder997s is a glorious beacon of lightspyder997s is a glorious beacon of lightspyder997s is a glorious beacon of lightspyder997s is a glorious beacon of lightspyder997s is a glorious beacon of light
There's a thread going over the velocity ap tune and another one from eurocharged. Both very favorable.

I ended up going with velocity ap and I have nothing but good things to say. The car is more aggressive with every shift and through out the rev range. The redline was raised a bit, which enhanced the sound at the higher ranges, and power feels great. Customer service was excellent from both Stuart and their programmer Chris. I highly recommend.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:46 PM

jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I have the cats headers exhaust and tune from vap. Great increase in performance and you get the pops and growl whenever you like. Highly recommend
Old 01-13-2018, 07:10 PM

rodg100 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree...Velocity AP tune on my car is awesome. I also have 200 cell cats and just took the car for another winter drive today and OMG...it is so loud but so awesome. Nice crackle on overrun.
Its addictive actually. Might just go again tomorrow while this weather is holding up.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:25 PM

Dalecannavan has a spectacular aura aboutDalecannavan has a spectacular aura about
Here’s a thread I started about the tune. I’ve got a video with the tune and 200 cell cats. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-tool-2.html
Old 01-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Basic Sponsor

Stuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond reputeStuart@VelocityAP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilseevs View Post
All,

I am already aware of the preset tuning options for our cars, however coming from a background where most of my cars have either been tuned remotely or by some sort of DIY options - I was wondering if there was anything similiar for our V8Vs?

Iím really digging the popping/burbling you can hear on the new 2018 V8V and some of the Jag Ftypes, would love to be able to get something similiar

On my BMW, that is tuned in by what Iím assuming is excess fuel burnoff to give it that sound and Im able to even extend the length of time that occurs from 1-4sec

Iíve also just jnstalled the VelocityAP Gt4 exhaust and would like to squeeze out a bit more power and sound out of he base oem mapping

Interested in the routes/options availaable to me and othersí experiences!
Although in practise, 99% of the tuning ends up being very similar, we can & do tailor each map to the owner's requests. More pops & crackles, less pops & crackles, RPM limit, idle adjustment etc. etc. lots of things we can tweak for you.

And as long as we have adequate dyno data and datalogs we can also dial in a tune on your car, for your fuel & climatic conditions remotely.
2384 Government Street
Penticton, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)236-422-3341
Mobile: (1)-250-460-1775
www.velocityap.com

Old Today, 07:44 AM

deckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond reputedeckman has a reputation beyond repute
I have a VAP tune along with secondary cats delete. As said above the original tune has too many crackles and pops for my liking. They gave me another one that is supposed to tame that. I haven't had an opportunity to install the second one yet. But if you like lots of pops, that is a tune for you.