Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 11:28 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
V8V tuning

All,

I am already aware of the preset tuning options for our cars, however coming from a background where most of my cars have either been tuned remotely or by some sort of DIY options - I was wondering if there was anything similiar for our V8Vs?

I’m really digging the popping/burbling you can hear on the new 2018 V8V and some of the Jag Ftypes, would love to be able to get something similiar

On my BMW, that is tuned in by what I’m assuming is excess fuel burnoff to give it that sound and Im able to even extend the length of time that occurs from 1-4sec

I’ve also just jnstalled the VelocityAP Gt4 exhaust and would like to squeeze out a bit more power and sound out of he base oem mapping

Interested in the routes/options availaable to me and others’ experiences!

Old 01-13-2018, 11:34 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
purchase the Fabspeed secondary cat replacement X pipe... then decide if you need the tune. This is my car:

Old 01-13-2018, 11:35 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
The velocityAP tune gives a lot of pops and cracks on the overrun. It was actually too much for me and they did another tune without the pops.
I would say go with them. It’s a proven tune and FANTASTIC service.

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 01-29-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Simple and most cost effective way to get there is with Velocity AP 200 cell cars and their tune.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:16 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
purchase the Fabspeed secondary cat replacement X pipe... then decide if you need the tune. This is my car:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=aNr4iPxqzkM
This is actually quieter than my current setup and I’m not really hearing the crackling I’m searching for. Love your color combo - very elegant & “British,” beautiful car my man
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
The velocityAP tune gives a lot of pops and cracks on the overrun. It was actually too much for me and they did another tune without the pops.
I would say go with this them. It’s a proven tune and FANTASTIC service.
Tried searching for a video of the tune on youtube and could not really find one that singled out the tune or upshift/downshifting to hear the sound I’m looking forHopefully Stuart finds this thread and can post up a couple of videos. He was amazing when I was installing my exhaust, very quick to respond

Old 01-13-2018, 01:02 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
There's a thread going over the velocity ap tune and another one from eurocharged. Both very favorable.

I ended up going with velocity ap and I have nothing but good things to say. The car is more aggressive with every shift and through out the rev range. The redline was raised a bit, which enhanced the sound at the higher ranges, and power feels great. Customer service was excellent from both Stuart and their programmer Chris. I highly recommend.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:46 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
I have the cats headers exhaust and tune from vap. Great increase in performance and you get the pops and growl whenever you like. Highly recommend

Old 01-13-2018, 06:10 PM
rodg100 is on a distinguished road
I agree...Velocity AP tune on my car is awesome. I also have 200 cell cats and just took the car for another winter drive today and OMG...it is so loud but so awesome. Nice crackle on overrun.
Its addictive actually. Might just go again tomorrow while this weather is holding up.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Here’s a thread I started about the tune. I’ve got a video with the tune and 200 cell cats. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-tool-2.html

Old 01-14-2018, 05:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lilseevs
All,

I am already aware of the preset tuning options for our cars, however coming from a background where most of my cars have either been tuned remotely or by some sort of DIY options - I was wondering if there was anything similiar for our V8Vs?

I’m really digging the popping/burbling you can hear on the new 2018 V8V and some of the Jag Ftypes, would love to be able to get something similiar

On my BMW, that is tuned in by what I’m assuming is excess fuel burnoff to give it that sound and Im able to even extend the length of time that occurs from 1-4sec

I’ve also just jnstalled the VelocityAP Gt4 exhaust and would like to squeeze out a bit more power and sound out of he base oem mapping

Interested in the routes/options availaable to me and others’ experiences!
Although in practise, 99% of the tuning ends up being very similar, we can & do tailor each map to the owner's requests. More pops & crackles, less pops & crackles, RPM limit, idle adjustment etc. etc. lots of things we can tweak for you.

And as long as we have adequate dyno data and datalogs we can also dial in a tune on your car, for your fuel & climatic conditions remotely.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-16-2018, 06:44 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have a VAP tune along with secondary cats delete. As said above the original tune has too many crackles and pops for my liking. They gave me another one that is supposed to tame that. I haven't had an opportunity to install the second one yet. But if you like lots of pops, that is a tune for you.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:53 AM
aerowerks is an unknown quantity at this point
lilseevs,

I agree with you, I hate caned tunes. I want to be able to tune my AM to the way I like when I like. I am an engineer and I understand the pitfalls of the tuning process. Besides, handing over $1200 for a tune done for someone else is not my idea of custom tune.
I was looking into tuning software before I bought my Vantage. Basically, AM uses a modified FORD EEC-VI, a PowerPC based ECU. Look for systems that can program this type. Galleto or K-TAG are the most common. The problem is going to be the definitions file.
My plan to do this is to find similar ECU and clone my original AM into it, but for right now I need to do lot more work on my AM to get it running and on the road.
Good luck.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aerowerks
lilseevs,

I agree with you, I hate caned tunes. I want to be able to tune my AM to the way I like when I like. I am an engineer and I understand the pitfalls of the tuning process. Besides, handing over $1200 for a tune done for someone else is not my idea of custom tune.
I was looking into tuning software before I bought my Vantage. Basically, AM uses a modified FORD EEC-VI, a PowerPC based ECU. Look for systems that can program this type. Galleto or K-TAG are the most common. The problem is going to be the definitions file.
My plan to do this is to find similar ECU and clone my original AM into it, but for right now I need to do lot more work on my AM to get it running and on the road.
Good luck.
If you're interested in talking to Chris, he can probably work with you to adjust one of our tunes to your preference. We're pretty transparent/open book with people and provided they can give clear feedback & logs we can usually accomplish what they want.

KTAG Master is a waste of money for this application, very expensive and there are easier OBDII solutions available for less money. But as you correctly identified, definitions is the largest area of deficiency in commercially available arenas. Aston is so small that nobody cares to do the work to develop it (except for the actual tuners like us)

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com