Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Power Seats Do Not Work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:03 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Power Seats Do Not Work

Just took delivery of a Rapide and it had a weak battery so we had to jump the car. Put the car on the CTEK overnight and the car starts normally now, but I wonder if should replace battery. A few service error messages came up as well (along with check engine icon). Can these be reset?

Neither front seats power controls work. Could it be a fuse?

Old 02-18-2018, 09:33 AM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
If you only just received the car, take it back to the dealer and have them run a load check on the battery.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:06 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
replace battery, Aston and maserati are notorious for always wanting a strong battery

Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rocketboots999
If you only just received the car, take it back to the dealer and have them run a load check on the battery.
The car was shipped from CA to MA (8 days travel), so I can't bring it back. I do plan to bring to local dealer once it's registered. Need to put on the snow wheels first unless I drive it to the dealer on a warmer day.

It won't pass Inspection as it is now. I sure hope they did not sell me this car knowing these faults.

Last edited by brightoncorgi; 02-18-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:18 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
You say the seat control don't work, back, up, down but do they go forward if so they need programming due to low battery. Check engine, you will need an OBD II reader to see what is the code before and then you can reset, it can be something very small like a gas cap not completely close. But like it was mentioned before, Aston Martin require a very good battery if not you can get all kinds of codes for no reason, good luck.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
You say the seat control don't work, back, up, down but do they go forward if so they need programming due to low battery. Check engine, you will need an OBD II reader to see what is the code before and then you can reset, it can be something very small like a gas cap not completely close. But like it was mentioned before, Aston Martin require a very good battery if not you can get all kinds of codes for no reason, good luck.

They do move in any direction. I can hear the gas cap release moving but it is not popping and the gas cap is not level with the quarter panel. I plan to call the dealer tomorrow. I hope they are open. It's usually a wait for an appointment at dealership, so this could take a few days.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:08 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi..good luck with the car...
it sounds like the battery killed all settings when it when dead...check your manual on how to reset and if you need to have any other items reprogramed into the ECU-s

I would check the battery with a volt gauge or if not able...any auto store will due for free..Auto Zone etc..

Normal codes can be cleared with an obd-11 reader. If they are serious they will come back again..

My vantage had the gas door crushed too...I opened using the door release in the trunk...then I had to readjust the door...common on AM cars...many threats...be careful most dealers will not touch the gas door as they know if breaks you need a new door and painted to match...big dollars...FCkerbeck would not fix mine. I had too...18 months later still fine...Rich and others have repair listed on u-tube

Safe driving...it will be fine...one step at a time.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 AM
Dropped car off at the dealer this morning and going from there.

We all suspect the battery, just whether it needs a new one or not. They can fix the gas cap. Rapide does not have a gas cap inside like the Vantage.

Last edited by brightoncorgi; 02-19-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:40 AM
New battery fixed the seat issue.