Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Occupancy sensor fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Occupancy sensor fault

I foolishly let my battery go flat while working on the car, and now have a persistent SRS fault that will not go away...

I got a Foxwell NT510, and it shows faults P0112, P0113, P0114 and P0116 (These are SRS faults, and not standard OBD faults). They all point to the OCS sensor not being calibrated.

I think this is due to the passenger seat not being properly calibrated - how do I do this?? (driver seat cal is clear, but not so the passenger seat).

This is a 2007 Vantage, with non-memory seats. The passenger seat does not go up and down like the driver seat.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by hsm precision; 02-22-2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: add info
Old 02-23-2018, 04:32 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Matt

Maybe post on pistonheads if u don't get an answer here

Graeme

Old 02-23-2018, 01:29 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Passenger seat calibration dealer only item.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:18 AM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hsm precision

This is a 2007 Vantage, with non-memory seats. The passenger seat does not go up and down like the driver seat.

Thanks,

Matt
That is normal for a 2007 (no height adjustment on passenger seat).
I have read on other threads to ensure nothing touching back of seat and to drive it as it often self clears with a fresh battery.
Thanks, Ryan

Old 02-26-2018, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Ryan - I hope this is the case.

I did replace the battery - it still had paint marks on it when the lugs were tightened, so possible original?

Light is still on, but will drive a couple of cycles, and keep my fingers crossed the air bag fault clears.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 07-01-2022, 03:55 PM
Ireco is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I came across this forum by accident and I see a lot of interesting people and information here. I know this topic is very old but I have exactly the same problem. How did you solve it? Best regards, Irek

Old 07-02-2022, 09:10 PM
61mga will become famous soon enough
probably of no use....but when i get an "air bag" notice on my dash or on the console of my 2007 vantage, it's always been caused by the passenger seat being either too far forward or too far back. i suspect that the side air bag has limits to its effectivity depending on where the passenger is positioned and they've programmed the car to object if the seat puts the passenger outside those limits. ...just a guess.

Old 07-03-2022, 01:56 AM
Ireco is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 61mga
probably of no use....but when i get an "air bag" notice on my dash or on the console of my 2007 vantage, it's always been caused by the passenger seat being either too far forward or too far back. i suspect that the side air bag has limits to its effectivity depending on where the passenger is positioned and they've programmed the car to object if the seat puts the passenger outside those limits. ...just a guess.
I have errors regarding the calibration of the passenger weight sensor. Exactly the same numbers as in this post. But thanks for the info, I'll try to move the seat a little bit forward

Old 07-08-2022, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor
There was a post a few months ago where the volvo option on the Foxwell scanner was able to reset the seats.

From this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bag-light.html

Using the Foxwell NT530, I downloaded the additional Volvo software. Then selecting a 2009 V50 as the car (base trans, engine, etc) I went to the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) Module. From there, you're able to select a 'special features' option, or something like that, and underneath that is an option to recalibrate the Occupancy Weight Sensor. It walks you through the procedure, but basically, you cycle the key from on-off-on and wait 10 seconds and that's it. In my opinion, the $80 for the additional Volvo software beats a visit to the dealer. I'm not positive, but you might be able to reset an airbag light from this module as well as the whole SRS is a Volvo system.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:08 PM
Import will become famous soon enough
Smart thinking hsm..

Old 07-08-2022, 10:03 PM
acole is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an update on that, the volvo software calibration only worked for as long as the key was in the ignition. I could start and shut off the car and restart it as long as I kept the key in the ignition, but as soon as the module lost power it would reset itself back into the failed state and the codes would come back. I ended up having to go to the dealer to get them to program the new OWS module. Ever since then it's worked great.