Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Final solution for a cup holder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:43 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Final solution for a cup holder?

I have struggled with the cup holders in the Vantage for quite some time. (Or rather, the lack of cup holders)
After trying to envision how I could improve the standard cup holders, I have come to the conclusion that they are worthless.
This has force me to a drastic conclusion.
I must install my own.
Below are a couple of photographs of the install. One with a medium Dunkin coffee. The other photograph shows the cup holder in the closed position

Attached Images   
Old 06-18-2018, 09:09 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Warning, do not use with bad door struts! Local boat supply/RV store find?

Old 06-18-2018, 03:59 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I found the easiest solution was to ask for 6 napkins [I keep them in the armrest cubby now], just place the napkins over the holder and jam the cup in so it's tight on all sides. Keeps it in place in all but the hardest of turns where I will rest my arm against it to make sure it won't flip out, but if done right it's never moved. You can take the cup out and put it back in, the form it's made in the napkins doesn't change. Works well. Although I'd rather have a deeper holder I didn't need to futz with, that thing hanging on your door would absolutely not go in my car

Old 06-18-2018, 04:33 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I Works well. Although I'd rather have a deeper holder I didn't need to futz with, that thing hanging on your door would absolutely not go in my car
Hey, I can respect that. (That thing is easily reversible)

However sometimes one is forced to make tough decisions.
If you need (or want) the ability to actually drink from a coffee cup while you are driving the current cup holders just does not work.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:37 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
But it does work, it just needs a little help

I wouldn't take it out on track day with a cup in it, and there's definitely an opportunity for RICH!! to have a custom insert fabricated to lock into the existing spot that would be a secure holder. For now the napkins work just fine and since they're always in the cubby I don't have to worry about not having them.

Although, the placement of the holder is never good for driving an M6.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:31 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
I've found the simplest solution is to NOT drink coffee in my cars!

Old 06-18-2018, 06:37 PM
You don't have to drink it in the car, but transporting it to the location you plan on drinking it is just as problematic

I've had more coffee spill out of that drinking hole while going around a turn than I care to admit, the rare times I'm going to drive for hours and will drink coffee in the car. I guess you're supposed to close that flap after each sip to stop it.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
You don't have to drink it in the car, but transporting it to the location you plan on drinking it is just as problematic

I've had more coffee spill out of that drinking hole while going around a turn than I care to admit, the rare times I'm going to drive for hours and will drink coffee in the car. I guess you're supposed to close that flap after each sip to stop it.
Hey, If you go to Starbucks instead of DD, they will give you a plug for the drinking hole. There is a solution for that.

Last edited by mjanis; 06-18-2018 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-19-2018, 12:35 AM
They have flaps on the WAWA caps, you just have to close them before making a turn, I don't do the bucks or dunkin

Old 06-19-2018, 05:17 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
How many times do you need to be told “don’t drink and drive”

Old 06-19-2018, 05:49 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
For those of us with ASM i made an insert that allows for a bottle of water or travel cup... not a big gulp...i made an insert for my mobile Alexa and sized it to make a space that is taller and gives more support. so far no problems with normal driving i don't have open drinks in car when out for spirited drive