Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather Conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 06:22 AM
Z71TahoeEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Leather Conditioner

What type of leather cleaner/conditioner does everyone use on here for their cars? I have neglected to condition the leather in a while in fear of using the wrong products (I have sandstorm interior).

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2018, 07:55 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
This topic has been done to death. Most regulars here know I have strong opinions on this topic that run contrary to conventional wisdom: don't use products without a water base, because it is a falsehood that leather needs feeding or conditioning. This is based on facts, not opinion (basic chemistry/manufacturing method for automotive leather), but that doesn't seem to matter to the leather care market, which continues to successfully sell mostly non-water based products. Have a read of the below threads and links, and decide for yourself what to believe:

P.S. The search function is your friend!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ggy-seats.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ash-board.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...roblems-2.html

http://www.bowdensown.com.au/guides/leather-care-blog

http://www.lttleathercare.com/2016/0...or-protectors/

Last edited by spinecho; 12-06-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:56 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
My local AM dealer uses Griot's leather conditioner. I started using it and have been pleased so far.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have been using the conditioner from Griots for years. It does smell good and in the winter months it helps to keep your hands from cracking. It is good for the leather and your hands.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:21 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I use AMMO Mouse and several friends have started using it after trying some of mine. One said it returned the AM leather smell back into his car, and his leather on his 07 V8V had never been treated. I use gloves and massage it into the leather after spreading it with a MF pad. Then several hours later I take a damp MF towel and wipe it down to make it a matte finish. Dont mind a little shine on the leather, but for AMs and Bentleys I prefer more of a matte finish.

Other products work well also, I just know Larry's product works, and is a very good product.

Always clean the leather first before applying the conditioner. If you dont, the dirty film on the leather will prevent the leather getting re-moisturized. I also use the AMMO Lather for any interior cleaning due to I know it wont hurt any surface I use it on and is only a light cleaning agent when I use it on Leather.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:27 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
arent we all supposed to use the connley stuff? i used it and it seemed to work well

Old 12-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Vettel-ish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
My local AM dealer uses Griot's leather conditioner. I started using it and have been pleased so far.
Same! Griots does not make it overly shine. Looks new like the way it should.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Vettel-ish is an unknown quantity at this point
AMMO is great product. Larry knows his stuff. I have not tried his yet. Once I run out of Griots I will buy AMMO

Old 09-13-2019, 04:17 PM
dcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud ofdcarrer0 has much to be proud of
Lithium Hide Rehab for the entire interior.

Amazon Amazon

Old 09-15-2019, 05:41 PM
Psycho123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I use the Chemical guys leather Cleaner and conditioner. No issues with my seat. I use it for the entire leather interior.