Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New owner cannot open bonnet!

Old 04-02-2019, 07:21 PM
geodavky is an unknown quantity at this point
New owner cannot open bonnet!

My new to me 2006 V8V arrived tonight. Sadly no owner manual and I cannot figure out how to open the bonnet?
Is there a secret?

Old 04-02-2019, 07:34 PM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
There should be a handle to pull left hand side just under the dash. It's close to the gas cap release button.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Ha! So it is the lever. I thought it was the lighted button with the car on it. What’s the lighted button?

Old 04-03-2019, 04:38 AM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
You can get the owners manual through the apps store of either android or apple... much simpler than asking all those questions

Old 04-03-2019, 05:45 AM
Thank you. I didn’t know that was available.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:09 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Speaking of bonnet - there was a 2008 Vantage many years ago (used) at the Jaguar dealer here that had the hood fly open during a test drive - the hood latch adjustment is supposed to be part of the annual inspection, just something to be aware of.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 AM
Emerging Sponsor
hsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of lighthsm precision is a glorious beacon of light
If you pull on the lever, and the hood doesn't open correctly, it means the rubber bumpers aren't adjusted right. When my car went out of adjustment, I had to pull up lightly on the hood, and have someone pull the lever. A few turns out of the rubber bumper made it operate normally again. (for some reason, the hood needs a bit of preload to release correctly)

Matt

Old 04-03-2019, 08:33 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by geodavky View Post
What’s the lighted button?
Gas cap

Old 04-03-2019, 03:15 PM
embdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia View Post
Speaking of bonnet - there was a 2008 Vantage many years ago (used) at the Jaguar dealer here that had the hood fly open during a test drive - the hood latch adjustment is supposed to be part of the annual inspection, just something to be aware of.
Good point and often overlooked. That said,
If the latch failed the backup latch ( the one you have to release manually by sliding your fingers below the hood to release it) also failed. Seems someone tampered with both latches.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
When I got my V12S (my 5th Vantage over 9 years) I when to take the grill out and discovered the loop that the hood latches to was loose - very loose (about a full turn by hand each bolt to tighten. Naturally while down there I tightened the bolts and closed the hood which would not open again! After about an hour of sweating, swearing, and going crazy, we eventually popped the hood open. I loosened the bolts as before and it was fine. The Aston dealer (the cars under warranty) adjusted as prescribed. The fact is that these bolts had always been loose from the factory - scary!