Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Squeaky clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 11:49 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Squeaky clutch

The clutch pedal on my 2016 V8 Vantage usually squeaks when I step on it. Is that normal, can it be addressed under warranty?

Old 06-11-2020, 01:57 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Is it a pedal squeak? Or a hydraulic squeak?

normally warranty is 3 years. .?

Old 06-11-2020, 02:11 PM
bavarianstance will become famous soon enoughbavarianstance will become famous soon enough
Try a bit of WD40 on the friction point of the pedal assembly. I had a squeak in another car of mine in the past and that fixed it.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:24 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Have it checked out, basic squeaks/rattles and or adjustment problems are not considered warranty after 1st year. It could be a simple lubricant as stated above. I'm sure you can get it solved by a visit.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:39 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I have found it helps to be handy with tools when we indulge with cars/ bikes (even women) having to go to a stealer for every small thing is a PiA and a waste of beer money 😊

Old 06-11-2020, 10:54 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I guess I’ll ask a dealer about it - I’m not that handy

Problem is my car has been back in the shop for a while as they try to figure out what to do about my replacement passenger seat that supposedly has a rattling pivot. Can I drive the car without a passenger seat if they have to send it out?

Old 06-12-2020, 03:09 AM
V12Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by J doubleU
... basic squeaks/rattles and or adjustment problems are not considered warranty after 1st year.
So much for being a "luxury" car.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:55 AM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about
Whether you can drive without a passenger seat is probably down to local regulations, though the car probably wouldn't pass inspection in that state, should that be required.

In my area, as far as I know, you can drive around without a passenger's seat or a driver's seat as long as you're buckled in. It's the seat belts they have laws about around here. They've never had reason to pass a law stating that seats have to be present.

[rant]
Frankly, I'm ok with that. I wish we'd all just leave Darwin alone to do his good work. You want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet? Be my guest. You want to put your life in others' hands by driving without a seat belt? Be my guest. As long as they're not in danger of hurting or killing someone else, letting stupid people kill themselves just puts less pressure on the retirement system and society as a whole.
[/rant]