Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Which OBD reader to reset ZF transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 12:41 AM
sirrichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Which OBD reader to reset ZF transmission

Hello

I got a transmission fluid flush incl. transmission oil filter change as maintenance (I do that on all my cars after a few years) and the shifting got even smoother than before. Just on some special occasions I can feel that it is a bit harher than before. I assume the adaption values should be reset as with just driving it takes way loooonger... :-) . On the Bentley it was possible for "my" workshop to reset the values, but on the Aston Martin it is not on a normal workshop software.

Is there a OBD2 reader/scanner that can do that on a 12' Virage with the ZF 6hp26 transmission (like on the DB9 etc with that tranny?)

Merci and have a good weekend

Richard

Old 10-16-2021, 07:51 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
ZF learning process

Vehicle should be at normal operating temperature, transmission shifter in normal mode not sports.

Accelerate from a rest through the gears on a moderate throttleuntil 6thgear is engaged (about 55mph).

Release throttle and allow car to coast down almost to a halt, do not use the brake until the car is at walking pace (if the brake is used at any time whilst the transmission is above 2nd gear the adaption process for this cycle will be aborted).

Note: using a slight uphill gradient will help the car slow much quicker. If traffic conditions necessitate the use of the brakes during theacceleration or coasting process the cycle will have to be repeated.

Hold foot on brake for 15 seconds once car has come to a halt.
Repeat this process a total of 5 times

2-1 Tip in Thump

Vehicle should be at normal operating temperature, transmission shifter in normal mode not sports.

accelerate gently to 15 MPH

Briskly Decelerate using ample braking power until 1 MPH

"Rapidly" Accelerate using 50%-75% throttle

Repeat the process a total of 6 times

Old 10-16-2021, 08:22 AM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sirrichi
Hello

I got a transmission fluid flush incl. transmission oil filter change as maintenance (I do that on all my cars after a few years) and the shifting got even smoother than before. Just on some special occasions I can feel that it is a bit harher than before. I assume the adaption values should be reset as with just driving it takes way loooonger... :-) . On the Bentley it was possible for "my" workshop to reset the values, but on the Aston Martin it is not on a normal workshop software.

Is there a OBD2 reader/scanner that can do that on a 12' Virage with the ZF 6hp26 transmission (like on the DB9 etc with that tranny?)

Merci and have a good weekend

Richard

A Foxwell will give you all you need for the AM...

Amazon Amazon

Old 10-17-2021, 11:33 PM
sirrichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for the information but I need someone who already did it with a OBD Scanner. The different manuals from scanners are not clear and I do not want to waste money to buy 2 or 3 scanners ;-).

Old 10-18-2021, 04:28 AM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sirrichi
Thank you for the information but I need someone who already did it with a OBD Scanner. The different manuals from scanners are not clear and I do not want to waste money to buy 2 or 3 scanners ;-).

The Foxwell NT680P covers OBD I, II, III. It can read and clear codes on all AM's... I have a ZF and I can read real time stats on all the modules and clear them if needed...

Check out some Foxwell NT 680 youtube videos... It is the best scanner for all AM's..

Old 09-20-2023, 05:10 AM
Phil57DBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Could the new Foxwell NT530 do it ?
which menu please ?
which OBD port ?
Thanks

Old 09-20-2023, 08:38 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Phil57DBS
Could the new Foxwell NT530 do it ?
which menu please ?
which OBD port ?
Thanks
I use my Foxwell with the Aston module.