Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo X50. SKI850 kit!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 PM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
2002 Porsche 996 Turbo X50. SKI850 kit!!

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $55000
Mileage: 25000
Color: black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

PRICE DROPPED!!

Hey Guys:

Im trying to free up some dollars for a new business venture. As much as I have enjoyed this car, it has to find a new home. Therefore, I have dropped the price on this beast in hopes of a quick sale. Please check out 100+ photos and mod list below.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/gigg...?sort=3&page=1

2002 Porsche 911 Turbo X50
25,500 miles
Extended leather package

Engine
SKI850 kit
http://911tuning.com/996-Turbo/Softw...50GT-p-87.html
Agency Power DV Valves
RC 60 Lb Injectors
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
911 Tuning 3" Crossover Exhaust (18lbs)

Interior
Porsche OEM Roll Cage Made by Eisenmann
GT3 seats, carbon fiber back, wrapped in black suede
Status 6 point cam lock 3” harnesses.
Aluminum Pedals
Aluminum Dead Rest Pedal
B&M Short Shift
K40 F&R Radar Detection w/Integrated Jammers
Eclipse 6620 Double din head unit. Touchscreen Nav/w/I-pod
Integrated Parrot Bluetooth module
Carbon fiber: Steering wheel, shift ****, e brake horseshoe, center console, side air vents, airbag trim, batwing, instrument cluster, armrests and door pull.
White Gauge faces

Exterior
Carbon fiber Intake Splitters
Ray’s Volk TE37 Gunmetal 18x9.5, 18x11.5
Michelin PS2-235/35ZR18 315-30ZR18 Rear

Suspension
Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers
Techart Front Strut Tower Brace
H&R Sway front and rear Sway bars.

Attached Images  

Last edited by giggalo; 11-25-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 AM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
Is the market this soft or is the price just out of the stratosphere?

Come on guys, give me some feedback.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
I think its a bad time to sell, which sucks, because I may be selling my black on black 2003 x50 as well.

As for your listing i think with your mod list you may be 5K high, but you have to start high so you have some negotiating room In the pics, the paint looks really bad, I dont know if thats an illusion, if it is, you should mention it. If its not an illusion, spend $200-300 and have someone good detail it. My 2 cents..

I am trying to work a deal for a 997TT and am thinking about using 911tuning for it, have you been happy with your setup?

GLWS!!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
i retract my statement, this should bring $60K. only 25000 miles, all carbon fiber, amazing turbo kit, GT3 seats...

Only complaint would be the paint.

Do all of the stock parts come with it?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
All stock parts are available. I think the paint is due to bad lighting. Im sure it can use a good detail. Which, i will pay for once the car is sold. I just cannot believe the lack of interest in this car.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback? Paint comments aside, the market for this kind of car is going to be that much narrower with the mods you have on it. The exhaust looks huge. I personally don't like the look of a stock front end with a big rear wing either. Also the Volk wheels are something people are more used to seeing on a lowered Civic Si than a 996TT, even if they are a quality, lightweight option. The rest of the mods seem nice and the fact that you still have the stock parts is a plus too.

Basically the market for sports cars is already a smaller subset of the population and then those that want heavily modified ones are a smaller subset of that.

It sounds pretty basic, but I'd include the details and a few pictures here on 6speed too instead of just providing a link to another website.

Last edited by Carbon; 03-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carbon
Feedback? Paint comments aside, the market for this kind of car is going to be that much narrower with the mods you have on it. The exhaust looks huge. I personally don't like the look of a stock front end with a big rear wing either. Also the Volk wheels are something people are more used to seeing on a lowered Civic Si than a 996TT, even if they are a quality, lightweight option. The rest of the mods seem nice and the fact that you still have the stock parts is a plus too.

Basically the market for sports cars is already a smaller subset of the population and then those that want heavily modified ones are a smaller subset of that.

It sounds pretty basic, but I'd include the details and a few pictures here on 6speed too instead of just providing a link to another website.
Hm...I learned something new. Is this CA thing? I find Volks a lot more common in higher-end JDM/EDM cars than "lowered Civic Si." The wheels aren't like Rotas and I'd put Rotas next to pimped out Civics than Volks.

Personally, the car needs better pictures or detail. I agree with Talisman013 about the paint. Swirl marks? Difficult to tell but I think it just takes time. GLWS though!

Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Enilder
Hm...I learned something new. Is this CA thing? I find Volks a lot more common in higher-end JDM/EDM cars than "lowered Civic Si." The wheels aren't like Rotas and I'd put Rotas next to pimped out Civics than Volks.
I just used it as a generic Japanese car that people trick out (they look good on the 07ish Civics). You'll see them on those but that doesn't mean they don't show up on the occasional GT-R or NSX either. I think they're pretty polarizing though when it comes to the look on a curvy car like a 996.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM
thanks

I appreciate any feedback. I chose the volks because they are light. A lot of people asked why i have 18s instead of 19s. When you have this much power at the wheels, you need more rubber. had i installed bbs lmd, it wouldnt help this car sell any quicker, would it? The paint from the pics is an issue that i need to take up with the person that took it. I assure that the paint is fine, the lighting had a big effect on the way it showed. I welcome anyone in the area to take a look in person. I am sure that Markski himself would vouch for my car.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
dude

I just used it as a generic Japanese car that people trick out (they look good on the 07ish Civics). You'll see them on those but that doesn't mean they don't show up on the occasional GT-R or NSX either. I think they're pretty polarizing though when it comes to the look on a curvy car like a 996.
Im asian. I have to JDM it out at some point.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 PM
I appreciate any constructive comments guys. Im just trying to sell a car that i have absolutely enjoyed in the 5 years that i have owned it. Rims, are easy to change, the paint, i apologize, is really a result of bad photos. We all know that a car that is a weekly drive will never look like a showcar that is garaged all year.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
I can

Spend more money and put a techart front bumper on, but why mod a car any more when im just trying to sell it?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 AM
MPM IV is on a distinguished road
It has a lot of mods. A recent dyno to show what it makes and that it's healthy might inspire more confidence. Good luck with the sale.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
bumper is easy to change, I agree. The one thing I have a question on it the exhaust tips... could one put a different one on, without changing the exhaust (and therefore affecting the tune)? I hate those big singular tips..

Anyway besides that, the car is awesome. A lot of car for the money, and 850 horsepower is very tempting!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
three6speedTOM is on a distinguished road
+1 on getting recent dyno numbers.... I'm soon to be in the market myself (still saving my pennies), and am one of the few guys looking for a highly modded 996tt. Just wondering what it's putting down in it's current tune, any 60-130 numbers, etc.
GLWS!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2002 Porsche 996 Turbo X50. SKI850 kit!!