Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Aston vs. Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't offer opinions about which is best since I have never driven either. I've been in both and my opinion on the interiors has already been echoed by others.
But when has limited experience ever stopped anyone from having something to say.

Since the Aston is manual, it has a more sporting nature. After a while, you kinda get tired of manuals, especially in heavy traffic. SO I would trade the manual Aston or any manual car after that feeling set in.

The Bentley definitely has the more sumptuous interior. Since we live inside the car that means a lot to me. It's probably just as fast but clearly not as sporty as the Aston. The Bentley probably is the better long term car....I read an article (forgot which magazine) that said Bentleys were very reliable over the long haul.

I like both and if I could I'd keep both.
My choice would be an automatic Aston Martin.
Astons are just way sexier.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
In my younger and wilder days I was in the nightclub business. Knew alot of promoters and club owners, I have live in Baltimore for a few years also. Lived a few blocks from the Inner Harbor. Used to bar hop Fells Point. Love all the crab joints. Love obryksky crab house. I grew up in the LBC. Back home to start another venture. Oh, try Sissons off of Soutn Charles, and that open market oyster bar on that corner. Great seafood.
Cool man... so what did you do in the nightclub business and what clubs are you talking about? I used to go clubbing often in my 20's in DC...

Yeah Fells is a cool spot, a new oyster house opened on on Thaymes St which is really awesome, my friend who has a black F430, his sister opened it up. So what venture in the LBC brought you back?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sunir
Cool man... so what did you do in the nightclub business and what clubs are you talking about? I used to go clubbing often in my 20's in DC...

Yeah Fells is a cool spot, a new oyster house opened on on Thaymes St which is really awesome, my friend who has a black F430, his sister opened it up. So what venture in the LBC brought you back?
Clubs in Dc such as 5th column, Vault, 930, Spy club, god there were lots. We had a network of musicians and Djs that were really into electronica. We were young and wild. All the underground happy hours. DC and Baltimore were really fun times for me. As for going back home, my mother is old so I had to quit my wandering ways. Plus, the weather and surf back home always called me. I ve been back and forth for years, but I am little more stuck here now because of my new projects. High end automobiles of course. After SEMA, I will probably head back out there to visit friends and family.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Haha I remember all of those , I was in college in the mid to late 90's and I remember coming home and going to all those spots....930 is great for shows, 5th Column turned into Bank, I dunno what happened after that...Vault turned into Home which I think is now Ultrabar, fun times there also... Spy and Zee were a little before my time, my older bro and his friends used to go out to the clubs in DC all the time back then, he went to UMD College Park .... what brought you out to DC?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
^^^ Haha I remember all of those , I was in college in the mid to late 90's and I remember coming home and going to all those spots....930 is great for shows, 5th Column turned into Bank, I dunno what happened after that...Vault turned into Home which I think is now Ultrabar, fun times there also... Spy and Zee were a little before my time, my older bro and his friends used to go out to the clubs in DC all the time back then, he went to UMD College Park .... what brought you out to DC?
One of my childhood mentor owned a half of the block where 5th Column and the Vault. We helped the West Coast electronica movement in its heydays. So a good amount of artists, promoters, and DJs toured the East Coast circuit. Well, I knew club owners. You put them together and book the shows and all of the sudden, I was booking electronica acts for clubs on the whole East Coast. It was really fun, but staying up until noon from nights of partying and waking up at 7pm for breakfast can be really unhealthy. So I moved back home To focus on my Master Degree and stayed closer to moms. Thievery Corporation got its start at the 930 Club.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-06-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Great attitude. Now back to the thread Bentley or Asston.
Asston? I am quite sure you can get a ton of *** with the Aston?

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow Wedgeduck bro you def know some of the great spots in DC back then I was in undergrad, man I was young I could stay up all night and still make it to class the next day lol, that's what being in your late teens/early 20's allows you to do lol!... so yeah we hit up all those places and checked out the DJs...Theivery Corp was resident over at 18th St lounge in the mid to late 90's...my bros friends owned a bunch of spots in mid town, 18th, Dragonfly (now Current) and a few others...we used to go all over, back then I had a White Saleen Mustang and a yellow BMW M3...was a beautiful car...lots of memories with that car!

hit me up when you're in town, would love to hang out man. I haven't been to the DC clubs in a bit...being in Baltimore now I generally stick around Fells, Canton, Harbor East, Fed Hill, and Mount Vernon/Red Maple etc... now in my mid 30's I like more lounges and chill beats, but still appreciate good house music, drum & bass, and electronica...

Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Wow Wedgeduck bro you def know some of the great spots in DC back then I was in undergrad, man I was young I could stay up all night and still make it to class the next day lol, that's what being in your late teens/early 20's allows you to do lol!... so yeah we hit up all those places and checked out the DJs...Theivery Corp was resident over at 18th St lounge in the mid to late 90's...my bros friends owned a bunch of spots in mid town, 18th, Dragonfly (now Current) and a few others...we used to go all over, back then I had a White Saleen Mustang and a yellow BMW M3...was a beautiful car...lots of memories with that car!

hit me up when you're in town, would love to hang out man. I haven't been to the DC clubs in a bit...being in Baltimore now I generally stick around Fells, Canton, Harbor East, Fed Hill, and Mount Vernon/Red Maple etc... now in my mid 30's I like more lounges and chill beats, but still appreciate good house music, drum & bass, and electronica...
for sure bro. Before I head out to SEMA. I will definitely leave you a number to call. One of our projects that is going to SEMA is a widebody M3. A Bentley GT, Aventador, and an Italia. I don't know how the M3 was budgeted into our group projects. But that car looks really sweet. I was on the VIP list for Current during that week when the Wizards beat the Lakers. My friend had season's tickets to the Capitols and Wizards. One of our old friend was the manager there and wanted to see us. I was just there visiting family so I didn't go. Did you remember 9 and V? Since you still race BMWs. Check out the Asuka wide body M3 running over 1000hp. This was a few years back. Some friends and family of mine. You know Kommie from the Vault?

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-06-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM
^^^ Do you have a car tuning comping or aftermarket parts or modifications? Since you are going to SEMA and went back to LBC to start a new venture wondering if you shifted gears from clubs/electronica booking into automotive aftermarket industry? haha you mean V street? man that's crazy...my boy Kenny had one of the fastest Supras there of like all time, back then (late 90's/early 2000's) 900 rwhp could put a trouncing on anyone - we were 22 or 23 year old kids hanging out! haha!
I don't know Kommie from Vault, I'd only been there a couple times when it was vault, it was babylon before that I think I snuck in there once during that time...maybe I was in HS then, dunno... my older bro and hid friends were going out clubbing back then, if I was lucky I'd tag along sometimes

Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM
^^^ Do you have a car tuning comping or aftermarket parts or modifications? Since you are going to SEMA and went back to LBC to start a new venture wondering if you shifted gears from clubs/electronica booking into automotive aftermarket industry? haha you mean V street? man that's crazy...my boy Kenny had one of the fastest Supras there of like all time, back then (late 90's/early 2000's) 900 rwhp could put a trouncing on anyone - we were 22 or 23 year old kids hanging out! haha!
I don't know Kommie from Vault, I'd only been there a couple times when it was vault, it was babylon before that I think I snuck in there once during that time...maybe I was in HS then, dunno... my older bro and hid friends were going out clubbing back then, if I was lucky I'd tag along sometimes
A small areodynamic company that was just started by a bunch of friends in the aircraft and auto industry. I will fill you in on everything when we meet up one day. We have tuners that will work with us on all of our specialty products. Slow start, we are just designing and building. No sales yet. We have a carbonfiber manufacturing company and a few badass designers running with us. So you can see the direction we are heading towards. I will post my bespoke Bentley on here in a few weeks. Something for the boys on 6speed. I have a 1987 930 Slant in storage since you seemed to like Porches. My little nephews have some pretty heavily tuned out NSXs. They are fast, light and nimble. Grab yourself a GTC. They are chick magnets, plus if you like my styling, you can help rep me later in the NorthEast.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-06-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:30 PM
awesome Wedgeduck...looking forward to learning more... Man love the 930 slant that's a great car! Looking forward to checking out the Bentley also...

speaking of awesome cars, I'm a huge VW guy from back in the day, here's my daily driver...It's a 337 VW GTI, they made 1500 of these in the beloved MKIV chassis, was lucky to find this one in mint condition when I bought it...now she's got 40K miles on the clock and still looks perfect! I still own it, drive it in rotation with my othyer cars, and love it! Golfs are special to me, I learned how to drive stick on my bros MK2 GTI back in the day...was a Marroon GTI with tweade seats, will never forget how much fun that car was! So Bentley is owned by VW, that's not a bad thing in my book!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Sweet ride Sunir. My daily driver is a tuned up 2004 Audi Avant. She is so fun to drive. Fast, nimble and AWD. My other daily driver is a 2000 BMW 740 ILP. Yes, the P stands for Protection Series. She is an armored sedan built by BMW. She is a little on the heavy side, but BMW beefed up her suspension, so so can handle her own. I wanted to supercharged her, but where in the hell do I need to go that fast in an armored sedan? And I see you like to collect limited edition rides. Me too. I have Ducati limited edition bikes that are at 0 miles and a few other vehicles that I collect.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-07-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:17 AM
^^^ Wedgeduck you're right I do like limited edition vechicles, I also like unique cars with stories behind them, a provenance, and some sort of history. Makes it fun to be able to know about a car more then just it's mechanical prowess.

Man that big BMW sounds awesome...I knew the LBC can be tough according to Snoop but dang bro, you are stepping it up to the next level! !!! Actually I'd love to get out to Long Beach for the Grand Prix weekend one of these years, awesome circuit seen the race many times on TV. Now Baltimore has a Grand Prix, pretty fun stuff for sure!

...ducs are my fav bike, those and MV Agusta....I loved the Ducatti 996 in red and white livery.

You have great taste Wedgeduck! Post a few pics of your bentley and some of your toys...looking forward to seeing some of the unique stuff you've got and the modifications you've done bro!

Old 09-07-2012, 03:14 PM
My business partner is selling his one off m1 for 70gs. It's sweet. Check the thread Birthday ride by Dr.disaster. My bike pics are on the second page. I have two 996s. One a Ben Bostrom, the other is the Troy Bayliss. I have the 999r Fila edition also. A Paul Smart and an mh900. Had the Desmosidici. Sold it to another collector and made some change. Plus it was at 0 miles! I was producing rap at one point, hence the armored vehicle. Plus the LBC is a little on the wild side. I live like 2 blocks from the Grand Prix. Didn't like living next to the track. Yep, Baltimore is on the Grand Prix circuit. It's fun. Lots of exotic cars come out during that week.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
^^^ That's sweet Wedgeduck! You have an asortment of nice bikes and Desmodici wow!!! You have Bostrom and Bayliss' bikes that's nutz bro! Talk about Provenance

def gotta hang out sometime...are you on FB? if so add me...'Sunir Ghosal' - I think I'm the only one on there w my name.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston vs. Bentley