Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Leather care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Leather care

What are the best products for cleaning and feeding the leather in our Bentleys?

Old 11-24-2014, 01:01 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
I use Leather Master's soft cleaner, leather vital, and leather protection creme. It is available from leather world technologies and also autogeek. It is by far the best product I have ever used. I even bought a kit for suede to clean up a pair of shoes and a jacket and it worked better than I expected. If you google it don't just google leathermaster's without adding leather care products or you might be in for a surprise...or maybe not...depending upon your proclivities.

I have used many retail products over the years and in my hands this is the best.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
I have used Leatherique for years and having great luck with it, both for redying and leathercare. Not inexpensive, but works miracles with leather.

http://www.leatherique.com/

Cheers,

Last edited by Zaos; 11-24-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:26 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Another vote for Leatherique. My Ferrari, Porsche, Roller, etc friends use it too.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:51 PM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
i use connolly leather cleaner and then connolly hide care. very good. and its british!

Old 11-25-2014, 02:34 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
This is what I have been using and it is the bomb, it gives it the new smell and is terrific. I ordered it online.
It was brought to my attention in George M.'s awesome 100 or so page DIY document on Continental GT and GTCs and works terrific. That doc has a multitude of information relating to fixes for all the little dodahs that the car throws at you now and then.

If anyone wants the document it is to big to post here but I can email it if you PM me here.

GL Harvie

Old 11-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
There are many solid leather products out there Gene. Zaino and Lexol work well and we have had great success with 1Z Einszett products as well. For leather, Bentley included, we like 1Z's Leather Care and Conditioner especially for it's easy application without leaving a residue.

More product info here.

Hope that helps!

Mark/Pelican Parts

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I use Zaino 9 and 10 for quick cleaning and i will do that a couple times a year but at least once and usually in the early spring when it warms up a bit I do the Leatherique treatment.

I do believe the Leatherique system of rejuvenator oil and pristine clean is the absolute pinnacle of leather care but it is time consuming and messy. I think the Zaino products fill a nice intermediary role providing good care for the effort. Both keep the car smelling like fresh leather.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone used the products from Bentley? If so how do you think they work.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Have used them. I bet they work fine but would expect the cost to be higher than needed. Not to mention I m,ail order all the Leatherique and Zaino.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:25 PM
67427 will become famous soon enough
Totally agree

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I use Zaino 9 and 10 for quick cleaning and i will do that a couple times a year but at least once and usually in the early spring when it warms up a bit I do the Leatherique treatment.

I do believe the Leatherique system of rejuvenator oil and pristine clean is the absolute pinnacle of leather care but it is time consuming and messy. I think the Zaino products fill a nice intermediary role providing good care for the effort. Both keep the car smelling like fresh leather.

Based upon a prior posting last year on this same topic, I was introduced to Leatherique, and I now use exclusively those products on all of my cars. I completely agree that this brand makes the best leather cleaner/conditioners that I have ever used.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:27 AM
daisie678 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if the right place to ask this question or not so sorry for that, my question is that can I used normal leather cleaner to clean my faux leather jacket?

Old 03-09-2021, 06:13 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by daisie678
I don't know if the right place to ask this question or not so sorry for that, my question is that can I used normal leather cleaner to clean my faux leather jacket?
I certainly wouldn't. Depending on how faux it is it might make no difference, or it might do it no good at all.

C

Old 03-09-2021, 09:25 PM
daisie678 is an unknown quantity at this point
let me try then I'will share my experience with you guys.