Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Reversing lamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 04:40 PM
will_wonka is on a distinguished road
Post Reversing lamps

Hi,

First post - been lingering for a while, but as I have now departed with my hard earned cash for a GT thought it is time to write...........

Anyone removed the reversing lamps on the GT - mine is a 2004 - I want to swap to the brighter LED's.

Also,

I want to swap out the number plate lights to these: I have found some bulbs here:

http://www.maxautos.co.uk/ProductDet...A38C4&CartID=1

Any ideas how many lurk under the lenses? I don't want to take them off just yet and for the life of me cannot find a resource which tells me how many, type etc for the Bentley C GT

Any help would be awesome.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:41 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Reversing light: Part # 3W0941072A (see item #7 [yellow highlight] in pic. Plate light (item #9)=N0177252

Attached Images  

Last edited by PMS; 04-09-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add info
Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 AM
will_wonka is on a distinguished road
Wow thanks - do they just pull off? I took a look and (as always) it looks very krypton factor 😡

Do I pull them or? To get them off?

Thx.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:15 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I've never changed these units/bulbs. Here are some additional pics. If you can't get at the connectors from within the trunk, you may have to remove the rear bumper.

Attached Images    
Old 04-11-2015, 01:19 PM
PMS
here are the locations for the connectors (see yellow highlight)

Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2015, 05:33 PM
WES77Y will become famous soon enoughWES77Y will become famous soon enough
I used plastic card (like old credit card) to slide down the outside edge downwards to prise it from the bumper, worked a treat.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:21 PM
pupdogg will become famous soon enoughpupdogg will become famous soon enough
I tried changing these lights to 12V/5W bright white LEDs and had no luck. Kept getting the CANBUS error...even after getting an error free bulb. I've gone through about 3 different configurations of bulbs, sockets and resistors with no luck whatsoever. Even though the resistor solution works, they get so hot that you can't possibly risk installing them inside your bumper. One day you will forget and next thing you know is that there's a hole in your bumper. The original bulb is PS19W which means that it's 19W @ 12VDC. In order to use an LED solution, you need to be able to pull 1.58A of current with your new solution for the car to think everything is running fine and dandy! I'm still driving around with this CANBUS error as I don't feel like spending $300/ea on those ugly yellow lights.

If anyone has a better solution, please share! Thanks.

Some calculations that might help someone:
Power = Voltage X Current (P=VI)
Voltage = Current X Resistance (V=IR)

Old Bulb:
19W = 12V X 1.58A
12V = 1.58A X 7.6OHMS (approx. 8-ohms of resistance)

Last edited by pupdogg; 04-20-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2023, 07:52 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
i think you have the problem of the error because led does not work well with the fade in/out feature and here is my question to all od you...

i noticed that only 2 plate lamps are fading in/out - the other two just go on/off

is it ok (only two fade)
what is the purpose/sense
where from factory the fade in/out should be positioned - in the mid, on the edges, shuffled? or maybe 2 on left or 2 on right?

Old 01-22-2023, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@sazam ,
I certainly hope that Will solved his issue, being that it has been almost 8 years since he posted on the issue...

As to your question of the fading, I will double check but I believe that the fade goes with which door is opened and closed, you can see in my video in the first 40 seconds that my driver's side fades when I open and close the driver's door .

Johnny

Originally Posted by sazam
i think you have the problem of the error because led does not work well with the fade in/out feature and here is my question to all od you...

i noticed that only 2 plate lamps are fading in/out - the other two just go on/off

is it ok (only two fade)
what is the purpose/sense
where from factory the fade in/out should be positioned - in the mid, on the edges, shuffled? or maybe 2 on left or 2 on right?

Old 01-22-2023, 11:42 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
yes - this is what i am reffering to and i see you have only 2 bulbs fading - the same as mine - the other not.

seems like factory setup - why what sense etc ?

and finally - what is the right location of the with fading - i believe anyone who has for any reason deinstalled rear bumper could have mixed the connectors thats why on this forum i found i think 2 topics with question - which should be located where.

anyone has 100 % assurance the bumper is in orig - never deinstalled and lamps never messed so can say where he/she has placed the fading bulbs vs non fading bulbs?